• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaMV

It was someone I personally know as a high level tournament player.
I do not think he posted that on the forums but I might be wrong.

If there is a will there is a way, wondersearching is another option that can award some good rewards for the price of time.
I have been doing this now for well over 2 years,

Pushing is not nessesary, but it's a lot easier and quicker than searching.
View attachment 8168
No need to push with these numbers ;) 2 days ago I was a lot higher, (~23K KP)

Currently my main issue is seeds, orks and mana to upgrade my wonders, not KP
OHMYGOD! :eek: is all I have to say... I get so excited when I have 8 x 5kps, and maybe a 20kp, lol

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The announcement specifically says the EN server will have the new format for at least three weeks before it could go to the rest of the Live servers. So that would make Silk be the soonest we might get it.
So the US servers can count on 3 to 4 more weeks minimum of the current format?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Henroo
Couldn't do an official quote from the EN forum announcement since I'm not a member, but this is the exact wording of the relevant sentences:

"We are currently aiming to release the new Tournaments to Elvenar International (EN) on the 18th of August. This will allow us to extend the amount of people playing the new Tournaments greatly, as well as provide technical testing on a larger scale. The new Tournaments will not go to further Live worlds than EN for at least another 3 weeks after the start of the first new Tournament on EN."

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm so tired of the upcoming tourney changes. I think that there will be no changes no matter what happens with the tourney on the EN servers. Just release it already. Just let us see what we have to do to navigate the nerfs and the new format... geeze and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LITTLE THUMPERS EVERYWHERE, have an absolute schedule of FA events... we shouldn't always have to wait and wonder.. no reason it can't be the same as a tourney schedule for pete's sake.

Clusseau

Sorry, too many dittoes required here to insert quotes.
YES, WHY NOT-

-just make all battle Difficulty dependent upon mandatory Squad upgrades?
-give newbies a chance to win a Bear, or Phoenix, if they dont have one?
-OR, make a new building- which is a bit better- giving Everyone a Shot at one?
-set a Routine, maybe changes or events always start on a MONDAY??
-Give some BETTER buildings, as events come and Go, to Obsolete older ones, (that newbies may not have)?

Ive worked hard to Upgrade AW. I seems whatever advantage ive gained should be a GAIN,
-And not Mitigated to reduce my advantage over people with Less. People with Push-Cities are Cheaters ... (and should be Banned, or at least addressed in a Separate thread)

I just dont know why its so hard. Increased Difficulty/cost is probably reasonable, as measured by mandatory Squad Upgrades... just to keep top players on the same scale as lower ones.

Giving New/Low players a Shot at Important buildings, (Like Bear or Phoenix), is Needed... Or, introducing New/Better ones?

Apologies to Some... Im at the Higher End of tournament Scores.
It seems Proposals here are intended to Greatly Close the Gap, between me, and the Middle..?
Changes are also Intended to Close the Gap between the Middle, and Everyone Else!

It just seems like "Progress" should close those gaps, not Changes!
And.. Making "Progress" available to all, would be the Needed Equalizer.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
As I see it..... the problem with introducing a 'new evolve' for the new players is that players join everyday... how many 'new evolves' would you have them introduce?

The Evolve builds shouldn't be so important that you can't get a decent fight score in the tourney without them. If you are a new player or a more casual one that can't slam the events or buy your way through the prize pool and quests, you aren't going to get the full evolve anyway. Especially with the degree of randomness in order to get all the evolutions.

The new players shouldn't be 'equalized' to the more advanced, dedicated long time player. There should be something in it for those of us who have stuck through this game through all the nerfs and inexplicable changes.

This may be a game, however it takes dedication and a lot of time to build a city, equip it with the AW's and builds that are necessary to play the game, so why should a newbie open the game and given access to a build that would equalize them with a seasoned player?

This is going the way of World Of Warcraft. Soon people will be building military or trading cities and selling them on ebay so they get something for their hard work. Or maybe Inno should build them and sell them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As I see it..... the problem with introducing a 'new evolve' for the new players is that players join everyday... how many 'new evolves' would you have them introduce?

The Evolve builds shouldn't be so important that you can't get a decent fight score in the tourney without them. If you are a new player or a more casual one that can't slam the events or buy your way through the prize pool and quests, you aren't going to get the full evolve anyway. Especially with the degree of randomness in order to get all the evolutions.

The new players shouldn't be 'equalized' to the more advanced, dedicated long time player. There should be something in it for those of us who have stuck through this game through all the nerfs and inexplicable changes.
Why? Welcoming new players makes play more interesting and vibrant. A busy world is more interesting than an empty one. What is the upside to having newer players unable to obtain certain things? Maybe that's why I don't play many other games. there are some things that accumulate with experience, but I'm perfectly happy if anyone who comes in the future can get all the same buildings as me for putting in the effort.

New buildings that are identical to old buildings are trivial code-wise, and don't have to be much more trivial art wise (Art can be mostly identical, but with each having a placard that indicates the event where it was given). There then remains the cachet of having Fire Phoenix 2019 vs Fire Phoenix 2021.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Ashrem Yes, more vibrant play is desirable. Player retention is desirable. But to just 'give' a new player what we all had to 'work' (for wont of a better word) for isn't a solution as far as I'm concerned. Why not just give them a handicap when they join... a thousand of every troop type. Give them five magic workshops and residences. Give them the brown bear and fire chicken with all the evolves. That would be great. Marginalize everything that anyone has achieved to make things more 'vibrant' and to have less dead cities. Give them a choice of any back builds from events that they want. Hell, they should just be able to sign up for a completed city.

How about instead, innovating ideas that actually help the continuity of the game. The ability to modify the city without deleting everything. The ability to have trades and visits in different notification tabs. The ability to craft a universal evolve spell or at least win one in a mini event. How about world chat?

But no, lets give the newbies, many of whom won't stay anyway, everything they could possibly want.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Yes, more vibrant play is desirable. Player retention is desirable. But to just 'give' a new player what we all had to 'work' (for wont of a better word) for isn't a solution as far as I'm concerned.
Well, since no one suggested giving anything to anyone, that a textbook straw man argument. Making them available means providing a path to get them, not giving them away.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
What path? What means? An event that only they can participate in? If the pheonix and zodiac event (even though there are no bears in the zodiac) were cyclic events, then okay, but the coldfire pheonix is not a repeat of the pheonix event..... If they do a redo of those events, then okay, but I haven't seen that happen.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What path? What means? An event that only they can participate in? If the pheonix and zodiac event (even though there are no bears in the zodiac) were cyclic events, then okay, but the coldfire pheonix is not a repeat of the pheonix event..... If they do a redo of those events, then okay, but I haven't seen that happen.
One of the options under discussion in another thread is for artifacts to be available as rare drops in the Spire. Since an artifact is worth 2000 fragments, The could take a chest that has a 40% chance of 2000 fragments, and replace it with a 39% chance of fragments and a 1% chance of a random artifact. Then for those that need them, they are a prize, for those that don't, it's just like getting the fragments. As long as the buildings are available to craft once or twice a year, they have a path to get there.

Risen Malchiah

replace it with a 39% chance of fragments and a 1% chance of a random artifact
I agree in principle, just not with such a tiny amount. Statistically, with 1%, we're talking like 2 years for someone to get 1 artifact.

Rather than the spire, I'd like to see the 9th (or 10th) artifact in every event be a universal artifact that can be used on any event building. So with about 5 events per year, players could use these to top off previous event buildings, or save them up for a pet they weren't around for when the original event happened. This also allows Inno to not be pigeon-holed into always offering bear and phoenix events every year and we could move on with new themes.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Rather than the spire, I'd like to see the 9th (or 10th) artifact in every event be a universal artifact that can be used on any event building. So with about 5 events per year, players could use these to top off previous event buildings, or save them up for a pet they weren't around for when the original event happened. This also allows Inno to not be pigeon-holed into always offering bear and phoenix events every year and we could move on with new themes.
A single, determined, player can finish the Spire without any help from their team when it is convenient for them. One percent was simply an easy to understand number. This is purely an example of how the buildings could be made available to new players in a fairly trivial fashion, leveling the playing field for everyone except those with multiple of the same buildings who will continue to have an advantage until another mechanic is uncovered.

The Unbeliever

Well after reading through the initial 4 or 5 pages of feedback on the new tournies on the En forums, it seems like 95% of the feedback is pretty dang negative... (hands up, who's honestly surprised?!)

I don't have good vibes about this. Coupled with the constant 'uber nerfing of the events we've suffered all year long, it's starting to look like Inno is digging Elvenar's grave.
If this is their attitude, then please, just pull the plug on the servers now, and quit with this BS. :mad:

mikeledo

I don't mind the nerfing of the events. I remember looking forward to an event so I could get an updated purple egg or a fire phoenix. Those were grand prizes. They have basically hit a ceiling in the events without greatly altering the game. I think once a year with a game-changer prize is enough. Maybe they can increase an existing prize that everyone thought was lousy and only got 1 or didn't play. The tournament rules apply to everyone, do if it is harder for me, it is harder for everyone. When life deals you lemons...

The Unbeliever

I don't mind the nerfing of the events. I remember looking forward to an event so I could get an updated purple egg or a fire phoenix. Those were grand prizes. They have basically hit a ceiling in the events without greatly altering the game. I think once a year with a game-changer prize is enough. Maybe they can increase an existing prize that everyone thought was lousy and only got 1 or didn't play. The tournament rules apply to everyone, do if it is harder for me, it is harder for everyone. When life deals you lemons...
The problem with that however, imagine for example that the "win an OP building" event is decided to be the Spring/Phoenix event.
Now, the players who join the game say in mid-May, literally maybe at most only a week *after the event has ended, will now have to wait an entire YEAR! to get a chance at the 'next new hotness'...
But for their entire first year of Elvenar, they're now forced to try and cut their teeth on a level well below everyone else who played in that "once-a-year-hotness".

On the other hand, if you release really powerful buildings in at least 3/6 yearly events, then regardless of when a new player joins, their next oppertunity is literally just around the corner. :)

Besides, we're not saying, "everything must now be Fire Phoenix/Brown Bear +1". Rather, what we want to see to properly balance the game is, "everything should be around Fire Phoenix/Brown Bear power levels."
Why not for example, have an event that gives out say, a 3x3 or a 4x4 that gives a strait 20%atk boost? (no pet food required - just a strait up boost). It's not as amazing as the Fire Birdie, but it also doesn't require the pet food either, so is actually on the more forgiving side for newer players, while the overall boost is somewhat less meaningful to a well established, 3-4 year old city.
On the balancing end, while it doesn't require an additional resource, it also is only giving slightly less than half the boost that the Red Chocobo gives out.

Besides, with the asinine formulas they're using to basically screw over end-chapter cities in both the Spire + (soon) Tounaments, we desperately *need* some more perma-military boosts!
So please, can we bring on a year+ of event prizes that give incremental permanent stat boosts that eventually together, can at least make the game playable again?!:p

Socrates28

That is exactly what we had struggle through before those buildings even came out.
If a new player is jealous because an advanced player has something they do not, they will be in the same pace we were when we began.
There is no earthly reason why a new player should have the same things as an advanced player. If that were so there would be no drive to grow and develop our cities.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That is exactly what we had struggle through before those buildings even came out.
If a new player is jealous because an advanced player has something they do not, they will be in the same pace we were when we began.
Well, no, because no one had them before us. If there were a textbook definition of comparing apples and oranges it might include comparing the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that other people do that they might not be able to get for a year or never to the feelings of someone who doesn't have something that nobody has because it doesn't exist yet so they don't even know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.