• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No it is not. We did not have certain buildings and now they do not have certain buildings. Whether the specific building existed or not is not the point. The players who came before me had buildings I did not have, did not know about, and never would get, yet I got through the chapters as they did with whatever buildings they could get or build. The textbook you are reading from is not one I ascribe to. Everyone in this life does not have everything other people do. We deal with what we have whether we feel like it or not. We deal with the reality we have and not the dream we may wish to have. We may work towards that dream and eventually make something like it come true, but it will never be the perfect dream we began with because things that are now are not the things which were.
You're projecting way too much into my response. I never made a case for why they should have them. I just said the comparison is unrealistic. Not having something other people have and not having something nobody has because it doesn't exist are nothing alike. It is not a reasonable comparison. My wishing I had a house on Mars is not comparable to someone who doesn't have a house on earth wishing they had one because I do.

hvariidh gwendrot

i thought this was news from beta thread .. i keep seeing people comparing comparisons then comments on how those comparisons are not compared correctly .. i prefer making distinctions about distinctive differences

Black watch

Why not for example, have an event that gives out say, a 3x3 or a 4x4 that gives a strait 20%atk boost? (no pet food required - just a strait up boost). It's not as amazing as the Fire Birdie, but it also doesn't require the pet food either, so is actually on the more forgiving side for newer players, while the overall boost is somewhat less meaningful to a well established, 3-4 year old city.
On the balancing end, while it doesn't require an additional resource, it also is only giving slightly less than half the boost that the Red Chocobo gives out.

Oooo, I like this idea! :)

Deleted User - 4565442

Buildings could give little permament bonuses like in FOE, 5% or 10% etc. Not only evolution ones. Best would be race settlements with governors as rewards for your main hall to provide bonuses like in FOE but... I doubt we will see it soon. They told they are not working on it few months ago.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The bug with vanishing screen display was fixed today in Beta.
The fix should come to the Live Worlds soon - either with the next Upgrade, or perhaps with a HotFix.

118276578_10217496968196725_4371316050617951668_n.jpg

hvariidh gwendrot

@Jackluyt ... are they still saying that they don't support anything but 100% use and less is them trying to be nice, so if it is a problem again they just say well we said we only support 100% or is it a real fix ? because i am noticing a lot of frozen bldgs that should move since the "fix" (if you know )

Black watch

I always make it to the top of the spire.... even when only boosted with the Fire Bird.... Things have been getting much more costly lately and even becoming more of a drain, more than it already is. This last Sunday, the spire started off with me only leveling up one AW during the week. The Nerf INNO said they did to the difficulty doesn't seam to have helped AT ALL. If anything, it's worse...
I've finally been stopped by a fight I just can't get past. I'm a good fighter... my average in the tourneys is 8,388. This is after three other spire fights that I've had to cater also... I can't bring myself to cater again, and I'm going to be boosted pretty well in Crystal so I'm just waiting, stuck on another fight, not at a gate...
My point... this is never happened to me before. things are only getting worse in the spire... the costs huge, the rewards are very often a disapointment. The diamonds made it worthwile, then they were cut too. (pardon the pun)

My starting squad size went from 2,767 down to 2,734 after the adjustment. The enemy starting squad size went from 1,229 down to 1,214. As I said, everything remained the same between these two weeks except for me adding ONE AW level.
One level basically erased whatever change they made.
I like a challenge, but things are becoming seriously difficult, so I can see what folks are saying when they complain to INNO about this. A reasonable challenge is sufficient to keep the game fun. The costs are getting progressively worse and the prizes are starting to lack impact. The unending supply of Fragments is mind numbing.
Please INNO. Stop punishing us for playing the game. AWs are part of your game... it's one of those things that make a city viable and cool.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Two game improvements were made in Beta Server's Upgrade today:
1. An alternative to 'donate to an Ancient Wonder' was added to the Autumn Zodiac event, to cater for those who have not unlocked AW technology yet
2. Some Tournament Provinces were made easier. Details to follow.
  • The Autumn Zodiac quests that require you to invest KP into an Ancient Wonder now got an alternative condition.
  • We have decreased the difficulty for Battles for several Tournament provinces (10-21 on level 1 and lower provinces on higher levels).
118398324_10217504373621856_3902073637609546958_n.jpg

Deleted User - 4565442

Halloween will be big event this year with dailies/evo.

AtaguS

I like a challenge, but things are becoming seriously difficult, so I can see what folks are saying when they complain to INNO about this. A reasonable challenge is sufficient to keep the game fun. The costs are getting progressively worse and the prizes are starting to lack impact. The unending supply of Fragments is mind numbing.
Please INNO. Stop punishing us for playing the game. AWs are part of your game... it's one of those things that make a city viable and cool.
yes yes and yes. This whole "If you build this, here is your benefit - uh oh, gotcha, the benefit doesn't outweight the penalty for building it" strategy is a strange one especially when there are already ways built into the game to increase the challenge for, example, fighting. Just let the squad size upgrades and level of troops unlocked determine the strength of the opposing army and leave it alone already! This just seems like a good way to eventually drive frustrated players away. Yes...I know...it's all about the new players but frustrated players will be driven away with hard feelings and those do tend to sour a game's reputation.

mikeledo

It has been reported in the English server a FS got all 19 chests. Another reported 12 chests which unlike the 19 chests may be sustainable. It won't be long before it is here. I look for an announcement before things turn to dust.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
BETA FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT 26TH AUGUST

Based on player feedback, we've made some changes in the balancing around the Autumn Zodiac event:

* We changed some the early quests that ask for 2 enchantments to make it easier for new players.
* We changed Portal Profit spells and KP Instants to better versions.
* We rebalanced the Firefly Lookout so that it gives more Seeds and less Population/Culture.

118360408_10217508529645754_4577924428673298158_n.jpg

The Unbeliever

Halloween will be big event this year with dailies/evo.
Please, for the love of Chaos, let them grow a brain for once and just port over the FoE Halloween event...
You don't need to change a single mechanic - just re-skin everything & re-write the quests to a proper Elvenar format.

That mini game is just so much damn good FUN!! :D:D:D

Of course, this being the Elvenar team, I'm wholly confident that they'll find a way to completely screw things up. >.<

You know your design team is bunk when even the bloody Maple Leafs are doing things better that you!! :mad:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have been accused of offering apples to oranges strawman arguments. I will not justify my logic and my viewpoint to anyone who only acknowledges what they feel is the right way to view an issue.

I remain with the same viewpoint as I started with..... nerfing is an offense against the gaming gods. Giving newbies unfettered access to the evolves that we had to slave in an event for is offensive to the players that sacrifice their time... and since some of us work and have a small slice of a life....... to achieve the goal of getting the prizes. Trying to equalize the playing field is offensive... the reason one plays a game is to be more ADVANCED than a person who just logged in. Anyone who doesn't understand this has never played World Of Warcraft, Black Desert Online, League of Legends, SMYTE, Starcraft...... etc.

Deleted User - 4565442

Please, for the love of Chaos, let them grow a brain for once and just port over the FoE Halloween event...
You don't need to change a single mechanic - just re-skin everything & re-write the quests to a proper Elvenar format.

That mini game is just so much damn good FUN!! :D:D:D

Of course, this being the Elvenar team, I'm wholly confident that they'll find a way to completely screw things up. >.<

You know your design team is bunk when even the bloody Maple Leafs are doing things better that you!! :mad:

October event seems to have same if not more new buildings than Autumn. It looks MUCH more interesting.
It seems that mini-events were "eaten" by bigger events, and bigger events got smaller (they were 30 days before) to allow more events of the same size.
Before there were mini events like Valentines, 30th April Beltane Sabbath Event (Venar etc), Queen of the Seas, Crash (mobile mini event), Halloween, now Valentines were combined with Carnival, 30th April/1st May event was made into May Tree Event, there was no events referring to summer, instead Airships/Wizards focused events and now after Autumn Zodiac will be Halloween event and then it seems Christmas one.

Personally think that a little bit of mini-events should return. They were interesting.
However 2020 event calendar is interesting in some way.

The problem is they still refuse to introduce universal evolving artifact, I see more and more people on many forums being disappointed and angry towards them, because they have buildings but nothing to evolve them with. Sometimes they lack 1 artifact and its 99% sure it won't ever return...
Also lack of place in the city makes it unable to fully cherish these events... And there's no teleportation for evolution buildings. Another problem...
Set buildings can be teleported - evolving not. It's lame. No one wants to delete something they worked for!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Pretty sure any gaming gods that actually exist will get over any offence they feel at the changes. Nothing about levelling the playing field for future activity is going to take away the enormous benefit which ha accrued to those who have been playing for a long time. It's not like the changes to the tournaments include clawing back some of the 30,000 plus extra KP that weekly tournament players who went past 20 provinces have gotten over the last three years....

The Unbeliever

Pretty sure any gaming gods that actually exist will get over any offence they feel at the changes. Nothing about levelling the playing field for future activity is going to take away the enormous benefit which ha accrued to those who have been playing for a long time. It's not like the changes to the tournaments include clawing back some of the 30,000 plus extra KP that weekly tournament players who went past 20 provinces have gotten over the last three years....
On the other hand, nerfing everything in the ground and then some, in the name of supposed "balancing" is just dim-witted BS...

Why can't we just do things the FoE way, but 'balance' by limiting the ability to get the basic building itself?
ie: Last year's Halloween event in FoE introduced the really, really, really powerful Abandoned Asylum. This year's event, will have 1-2 days where the daily prize will be the new 'Asylum Selection Kit', which can be used to obtain either a Lv1 Asylum, OR, an upgrade artifact to evolve it.

Now, while FoE itself is much more heavily slanted towards bashing & plundering, (and thus, there's no such things as too much atk% boosting!), to balance the Elvenar version would simply be:
1. Allow ANYONE to craft a Lv1 version of any evolving building, providing they DO NOT! currently have any form of said building in their inventroy and/or in their city already.
(basically, as it is right now.)

2. Every year during the relevant seasonal event, 1 daily prize would be the evolution artifacts for said specific event building.
(ie: during the 2020 Winter/Xmas event, we'd have 1 day with last year's Gingerbread House Artifact as the daily prize.)

This way, new players have a chance to get their hands on these very powerful buildings, they simply have to be patient and wait for the relevant event to come back around again...
While no one gives a flying monkey's fart about balance in FoE, in Elvenar balance can be maintained by simply denying the ability to farm multiple/unlimited copies of the basic Lv1 buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.