• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clusseau

Why can't we just do things the Mazewar way, or the Island of Kesmai way, or {insert any other random game name here) way?

It seems that I always appreciate your information and comments, and this one too.
I played FOE over 6yrs, in 2012 to 2018. . I have what Still must be considered a decent city there, and just got an E-mail; they'll give me 10K diamonds if I return! -But, im Done with FOE, and I dont want to play it here.

Changes are needed, to keep the game Fresh and balanced. Also, so new players dont have such a Steep Slope to the top.
Many viable suggestions are already in this thread.

Proposed Tournament Changes- (Current formulas!)- still seem like swatting a Fly with a Shotgun.
And in a couple weeks, this will be INNO, looking around their Living room, wondering "Maybe I should have just used a Flyswatter?"

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
FoE is a comparable INNO game. I think that it is natural comparisons are going to be made.

I play FoE as well. I like the selection kits. They are totally useful. In fact, they are the best thing outside of a chocolate banana parfait... topped with a strawberry.

Sorry, it's my birthday and I'm feeling the confections!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I still don't understand why new players need an easy slope to the top. Shouldn't they have to work years for it like everybody else?
The easy slope is an outright-false argument. The devs have been plugging holes for balance since day one. Early players got to buy all expansions for a total cost less than the cost of a middle-expansion for new-current players. Early players have benefited from poorly balanced events and event buildings which continue to make the game easier. Those holes are being plugged and newer players don't have those advantages. Now the devs want to plug a hole that is still easily exploitable (Tournament players for the last three years have had ridiculous amounts of excess KP available for practically zero effort beyond farming them.) and suddenly advanced players are all whiny about how it shouldn't be easier for new players

DeletedUser19458

The easy slope is an outright-false argument. The devs have been plugging holes for balance since day one. Early players got to buy all expansions for a total cost less than the cost of a middle-expansion for new-current players. Early players have benefited from poorly balanced events and event buildings which continue to make the game easier. Those holes are being plugged and newer players don't have those advantages. Now the devs want to plug a hole that is still easily exploitable (Tournament players for the last three years have had ridiculous amounts of excess KP available for practically zero effort beyond farming them.) and suddenly advanced players are all whiny about how it shouldn't be easier for new players
Except they are not just fixing an imbalance. They are actively making it more difficult for those who upgrade their AW's or purchase land.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Except they are not just fixing an imbalance. They are actively making it more difficult for those who upgrade their AW's or purchase land.
There's no such thing as "just" fixing an imbalance. Fixing an imbalance requires some people getting less than they are used to getting, or everyone else getting more. Are there other ways they could have fixed it, sure, but every way means someone gets upset. Doesn't change the fact that the changes are not making an "easy slope" for new players. By the same point in the game, they will have had a harder time than the people who have been participating in tournaments for the last three years. They are getting screwed just as much when their cities are bigger and they didn't get to benefit from the start.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
New in Beta World!
Now you can manage your Tournament provinces, including acceleration of the next round, from inside the Map Icon - without having to visit the province.
Very nice!

118471660_10217517813397842_3376136757009412242_n.jpg

mikeledo

So the designers who made the game this way could not see past their noses as to what would happen and now they are walking it back. Is that what we are calling the dreaded "The Imbalance." Coming to a late-night drive-in near you.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So the designers who made the game this way could not see past their noses as to what would happen and now they are walking it back. Is that what we are calling the dreaded "The Imbalance." Coming to a late-night drive-in near you.
I don't claim to know why it was there. It might have been an error, it might have been a change of intent. I am not privy to any design documents, so don't know what their plans were three years ago vs what they are today. I assume, though, that they are not blessed with omniscience, unlike forum participants.

mikeledo

All they have to do is ask. Take the worst-case scenario and multiply it. The only reason they have to make all these changes is because they won't do anything about folks with push accounts. INNO created the problem by not enforcing its own rule. Imagine if all those AW advantages would disappear due to pushing. Problem solved.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
All they have to do is ask. Take the worst-case scenario and multiply it. The only reason they have to make all these changes is because they won't do anything about folks with push accounts. INNO created the problem by not enforcing its own rule. Imagine if all those AW advantages would disappear due to pushing. Problem solved.
Except maybe the problem of people with five or six fire phoenixes and several brown bears, or 15 Mermaid's paradise and/or winter or other sets producing half a million negotiating goods a day because they have been getting 15 RR spells a week for the last two years. But sure, it's all about the AWs....

mikeledo

Except maybe the problem of people with five or six fire phoenixes and several brown bears, or 15 Mermaid's paradise and/or winter or other sets producing half a million negotiating goods a day because they have been getting 15 RR spells a week for the last two years. But sure, it's all about the AWs....
Except for the number of folks like that in any world, you can count on one hand and half of them use pish accounts too. I had 2 mermaids and deleted them. I prefer a tier 1 building. Besides have multiple is legal and was made possible by the designers.

DeletedUser19458

There's no such thing as "just" fixing an imbalance. Fixing an imbalance requires some people getting less than they are used to getting, or everyone else getting more. Are there other ways they could have fixed it, sure, but every way means someone gets upset. Doesn't change the fact that the changes are not making an "easy slope" for new players. By the same point in the game, they will have had a harder time than the people who have been participating in tournaments for the last three years. They are getting screwed just as much when their cities are bigger and they didn't get to benefit from the start.
That wasn't my point. Currently getting squad upgrades makes it harder. So to 'fix' they make it so buying land makes it harder. Upgrading AW's makes it harder. But hey "we fixed squad upgrades!" can be mentioned. (Just don't research land or upgrade your AW's anymore!)

The game in general getting harder or changing (or more boring as of late) - whatever we get over it or we move on. But pulling a bait and switch on something I've spent money on already - yeah I'm gonna be pissed off about it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Except for the number of folks like that in any world, you can count on one hand and half of them use pish accounts too. I had 2 mermaids and deleted them. I prefer a tier 1 building. Besides have multiple is legal and was made possible by the designers.
There might be that few, and half of them might also have push accounts. That doesn't mean they should ignore a problem that needs fixing. The people with those things are over-represented in the tournament rankings. Combined with other issues that contribute to a small group over-represented in the tournament rankings it is creating a perception problem with new players. That threatens the game's financial viability. They need the aspects that are supposed to be competitive to actually be competitive.

That wasn't my point. Currently getting squad upgrades makes it harder. So to 'fix' they make it so buying land makes it harder. Upgrading AW's makes it harder. But hey "we fixed squad upgrades!" can be mentioned. (Just don't research land or upgrade your AW's anymore!)
I think it's the point you expressed, however unintentionally. Although players are working from the position that this is about fixing optional squad size contribution to tournaments, it seems to me unlikely that is what the changes are about. That's just one of the things they've tried to correct as part of a larger project to make the tournaments more competitive.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Does the current Moon Bear event give the option of converting the Moon Bear artifacts to regular Bear artifacts, similar to the Coldfire Phoenix event earlier this year? And if so, have the original Bear buildings been put back in the Magic Academy crafting rotation so they are available to be made?

T6583

@Henroo Yes there is the option to convert bear artifacts like this year's phoenix event. However at present you can only win new artifacts in the event. So far the only way I've seen the option to get the old artifacts is through conversion recipes. Yes the bases have been added to the magic academy on Beta. As long as you don't have one in your city or in your inventory they should show up at some point.

Deleted User - 4565442

If they stick to schedule, it should release on Beta at the beginning of October, which is six months after 16 was released.

Yea some buildings as Main Hall and Residences are already available to see

It seems residences flip their sizes

I've heard that main hall will increase coins/hammers maximum dramatically from chapter 17, from 54kk gold up to 80kk in chapter 17 and ultimately 171kk gold in chapter 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.