• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Argh, me too. I'm not even sure I'll get the 2 CF artifacts I have now converted before the 24th. What a let down.
I have one coldfire artifact because I converted the rest. I was hoping that with another from the FA I'd be able to get a fire phoenix to level 8 instead of 7. Oh well, I guess it's good for spell fragments. That's about it. :(

Kekune

I have one coldfire artifact because I converted the rest. I was hoping that with another from the FA I'd be able to get a fire phoenix to level 8 instead of 7. Oh well, I guess it's good for spell fragments. That's about it. :(
Save it. You never know when these things may be useful again. A lot of people said they'd disenchant extra artifacts from last year... I'm sure glad I didn't.

Deleted User - 1178646

Save it. You never know when these things may be useful again. A lot of people said they'd disenchant extra artifacts from last year... I'm sure glad I didn't.

Neither did I,
But on my main I converted my excess artefacts from last year to this years.
Reason for it was pretty simple, I do not believe the will add former recipes endlessly to the MA and assume and roll on, roll off principle.
This means 1 item comes on, 1 item goes away.
A new Phoenix has arrived so the old wil go away, thats my assumption
According to my "guesswork" The coldfire will be more usefull for me that the normal phoenix artefact for next years phoenix.

But I could be totally wrong, and just trew away some awesome artefacts.

The future will tell if I was wrong or right.
Now I can't wait for next years event ;)

T6583

@Darielle 100% agree with Kekune to save it. I made the mistake of not saving extra phoenix artifacts from last year that I had because I figured what was the point if I didn't have enough to make a 2nd phoenix. Had I saved them and not disenchanted them I would have been able to place the storm phoenix after this event at either level 8 or 9. You never know when something might be useful again when it comes to these artifacts. This year's phoenix event marked 1 year of evloving buildings from events.

Darielle

@Darielle 100% agree with Kekune to save it. I made the mistake of not saving extra phoenix artifacts from last year that I had because I figured what was the point if I didn't have enough to make a 2nd phoenix. Had I saved them and not disenchanted them I would have been able to place the storm phoenix after this event at either level 8 or 9. You never know when something might be useful again when it comes to these artifacts. This year's phoenix event marked 1 year of evloving buildings from events.
Thanks; I didn't think of that. That's why I come to the forum ... there are always wiser souls here. :)

neeronie

Ha no kidding! This just doesn't make any sense, not even financially. Who would spend money on an event that is almost entirely meaningless, which I imagine would be a significant chunk of players? I'm just going to stop saying "it would be ridiculous if Inno ....", and maybe they will stop doing everything I list lol.
yes, bless you, next time use reverse psychology, and say It would be a great idea if......

DeletedUser19723

So am I hearing correctly? The new Fellowship Adventure is going to start on April 23rd?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The new Fellowship Adventure is going to start on April 23rd?
No one really knows until they announce it (usually 2 days before the start so folks have a chance to get into an FS if they want to play). Best guess is April 23rd. I started keeping a record of Beta and Live server start dates for FA's in the summer of 2019. Here's what I have; it makes the 23rd look most likely (to me, anyway):
Beta Start Live Start #days
Wed July 10thTues July 23rd 13days
Mon Aug 26thMon Sept 9th 14days
Thurs Nov 7thMon Nov 18th 11days
Fri Jan 3rdMon Jan 13th 10days
Mon Feb 24thMon Mar 9th 14days
Thurs Apr 9th

Last edited:

neeronie

No one really knows until they announce it (usually 2 days before the start so folks have a chance to get into an FS if they want to play). Best guess is April 23rd. I started keeping a record of Beta and Live server start dates for FA's in the summer of 2019. Here's what I have; it makes the 23rd look most likely (to me, anyway):
edit: back in a few with a readable chart
makes perfect sense to me. I would be lovely to have it announced earlier considering that it is following so close behind an event.

Darielle

Beta StartLive Start#days
Wed July 10thTues July 23rd13days
Mon Aug 26thMon Sept 9th14days
Thurs Nov 7thMon Nov 18th11days
Fri Jan 3rdMon Jan 13th10days
Mon Feb 24thMon Mar 9th14days
Thurs Apr 9th
Since they have never taken more than 14 days to post the FA from the beta start, that gives me hope that they'll do it on the 23rd. I'm tired of waiting for it, lol.

Buttrflwr

I truly do not understand Inno at times. They give us bears, fire phoenixes, etc etc to craft in the MA, but then give no way to EVOLVE them. A lvl 1 anything is pretty much useless. When they finally DO give us a way to evolve those lovely 2019 phoenixes that were crafted, they take away the ability to convert the new artifacts at basically the same time they give us a chance to win 2 more to convert, if the FA does indeed start on live on the 23rd, and the craft conversion ends on the 24th. Please tell me where the logic is in that? I just do not understand. @InnoGames Please please extend the conversion ability until a week or two AFTER the FA? PLEASE? I am begging here. :D :p

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
game files show the FA starts next Monday, April 27
That's what I was thinking at first, too! They have not started a live FA launch on anything other than a Monday since last July! I just think going 18 days is more 'out there' than starting on a Thursday. And I have a theory about that, too, lol!
In Elcy we haven't tried for rank in the FA's since last July when we got to 7th place, so I know it was before then when the FA's launched on Thursdays at times. I had not yet completely retired and remember telling folks at work I wouldn't be in that following Wednesday because I was coordinating an event in my game. Yes, at my age I got some looks. No, at my age I didn't care, lol! But it became rare that they ended on Wednesdays and more often it was Sundays. When we were going for rank, watching the credit card wars among the top FS's at the end (the FA's were newer, a lot more happened on that last day back then, too) was almost as much fun as playing (going for top 20 finish so it didn't really impact us). Anecdotally, Sundays seemed busier.
My theory: more revenue from FA end on a Sunday than on a workday...most folks aren't in a position to say 'I'm staying home to play computer games' lol!
But, with the global 'stay home' I think there's a chance they'll try for the Thursday start/Wednesday end. If most of the rest of the world is doing like our family, Sundays and Wednesdays look pretty much the same. Just like Mondays, Tuesdays, etc.:)

Pheryll

Set Designer
I truly do not understand Inno at times. They give us bears, fire phoenixes, etc etc to craft in the MA, but then give no way to EVOLVE them. A lvl 1 anything is pretty much useless. When they finally DO give us a way to evolve those lovely 2019 phoenixes that were crafted, they take away the ability to convert the new artifacts at basically the same time they give us a chance to win 2 more to convert, if the FA does indeed start on live on the 23rd, and the craft conversion ends on the 24th. Please tell me where the logic is in that? I just do not understand. @InnoGames Please please extend the conversion ability until a week or two AFTER the FA? PLEASE? I am begging here. :D :p

They announced on Beta that they were in a discussion of how to handle the ending for the conversion. They distinctly said that what happened on Beta (ending midway through FA) might not happen on live. It looks like the decision made was to end the conversion before the FA begins on live.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It looks like the next FA will be added to those rare instances where Inno does not follow their current "two weeks after it starts on Beta" release schedule. We have been on that "two weeks after" schedule for maybe two years now, so that is what we should still expect as the minimum amount of time for the delay. Plus, I think everything ever added to the US servers has been on either a Monday or a Thursday, which is probably why we got chapter 16 a day early today, instead of the exact two week mark tomorrow, a Tuesday. The FA being delayed til Monday in one way surprises me, since the two week mark is a Thursday, but in another way it makes sense because we normally get new updates on Thursdays and the FA starts in the early morning hours. So if browser and mobile have not had their Thursday update in time for the start, it would throw things off.

neeronie

You are so right on with this, I have bears and birds and more bears and birds. It was gracious of Inno to give us a another bird and options to convert but it would have more thoughtful of them to just give an easier path to evolving the pets we have and perhaps the new pet without jumping through hoops. I may be a bit cranky this morning but this thought occurred to me. This reminds me a gift that comes in pieces that you have to assemble yourself to use.

The Unbeliever

You are so right on with this, I have bears and birds and more bears and birds. It was gracious of Inno to give us a another bird and options to convert but it would have more thoughtful of them to just give an easier path to evolving the pets we have and perhaps the new pet without jumping through hoops. I may be a bit cranky this morning but this thought occurred to me. This reminds me a gift that comes in pieces that you have to assemble yourself to use.
No LEGO fan ever considers this a bad thing. :p

AtaguS

This reminds me a gift that comes in pieces that you have to assemble yourself to use.

Yes, we were sent this gift in pieces. We pulled out our instruction sheets and cleared space to put it all together. Then we get to the last page and we are missing the 2 final pieces to assemble it completely.

No LEGO fan ever considers this a bad thing. :p

So, an X-wing fighter kit with only 2 wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.