• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
In the past, Event success would come from huge numbers of temp buildings. This has changed in the last few events, where a small number of temp buildings are helpful, but not vital, and, a Large number of temp buildings are superfluous. Could we also re-construct FA to be played with Fewer Temp buildings?
Coming back after a year away I must say that this was a most welcome change. I felt like I could more or less keep my city progressing while doing the event and actually only stopped to build a turd town in anticipation of the FA rather than for quests.
Changing FAs to be less disruptive and space hogging would be awesome.

Deleted User - 4750465

Coming back after a year away I must say that this was a most welcome change. I felt like I could more or less keep my city progressing while doing the event and actually only stopped to build a turd town in anticipation of the FA rather than for quests.
Changing FAs to be less disruptive and space hogging would be awesome.
I would like to see the badges as % or chapter based similar to the quests. Constructing temporary buildings isn't enjoyable; however, I do like the idea of better utilizing portals within the context of FA. You could have a great inventory of advanced buildings that can be ported in to increase scores. It's also annoying that you have to accept the badge prior to earning toward the next badge.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
If I were to have a moment of total dream time.... I would like to see either a badge trader... or badge storage.... where the supplies or whatever you produced to craft the badge was kept in temporary storage with the badge and released when you used it.... with a cap on how many you can store or something....

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I still do the FA. I like the FA. I wish that there were some tweaks to it to make it a little less grinding. Overall rank and the rewards given to that are great when you have an uber active fellowship that can finish the FA in its entirety. I think they could offer tiers... like they do in sports... AAA for those fellowships that are in the top of the rankings, figure out a percentage and let them compete against one another and so forth... that might actually make the mid-level and lower echelon fellowships more of a chance to compete for an additional prize.

SriAnn

If I were to have a moment of total dream time.... I would like to see either a badge trader... or badge storage.... where the supplies or whatever you produced to craft the badge was kept in temporary storage with the badge and released when you used it.... with a cap on how many you can store or something....
I like this idea personally. Especially if there was a way for the FS to collectively store the goods. For example I would make a Furnace, then someone else would make the Royal Bed, and a third would make the Fountain - this would give the FS a badge. It would help eliminate the temporary manufactories for those that do not regularly produce their non boosted goods, and would force communication in the FS.

Deleted User - 4565442

No halloween event and chapter 17 on beta is a worrying sign... Are they waiting for December or what? Instead of shortening the time between chapters to 4 months as it should be, it seems it will stay 6-8 months... No steady progresssion with this pace, just boredom since 2 months for advanced players!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I disagree. I am an advanced player and I prefer the 6 months pace. There are so many other constant aspects like Spire, Tournament, Events and FA now that I find myself wanting to catch my breath. The game is quickly approaching the point where it feels more like a job than a game to do all of it. Pile new chapters that take up an insane amount of space and resources more than twice a year and it would be just too much IMHO.

LordVorKon

I disagree. I am an advanced player and I prefer the 6 months pace. There are so many other constant aspects like Spire, Tournament, Events and FA now that I find myself wanting to catch my breath. The game is quickly approaching the point where it feels more like a job than a game to do all of it. Pile new chapters that take up an insane amount of space and resources more than twice a year and it would be just too much IMHO.
I like it at 6-8 months. Gives me time to up the AWs from the previous chapter and use up all my expiring buildings. I wouldn't mind a year at this point.

Really, there's nothing that says you HAVE to start a chapter as soon as it's released, is there? If you need more of a break between chapters, then take it.

Personally, I finished Chapter 16 toward the end of June, and while the break from managing productions, juggling resources, and counting KP has been nice, I'm about ready for another chapter.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Really, there's nothing that says you HAVE to start a chapter as soon as it's released, is there?
There's also nothing that says we have to play the game at all, yet were we are. The existence of content creates a pressure to experience it. Both internal and external in the form of peer pressure in some groups to grow your city to the maximum possible.

There's also nothing that says people who are bored can't take a few months off and play a different game or wright a song or go fishing. We all have preferences. There's no need to hint someone else should ignore their preference, or that their preference is invalid.

T6583

No halloween event and chapter 17 on beta is a worrying sign... Are they waiting for December or what? Instead of shortening the time between chapters to 4 months as it should be, it seems it will stay 6-8 months... No steady progresssion with this pace, just boredom since 2 months for advanced players!
I also disagree. I have no issue with the chapters being spaced out 6-8 months. I enjoy the break. It gives me the opportunity to work on other things such as AW's, rearrange my city better, and restock on goods I might be low on. Plus between the Spire, Tournaments, and how frequent events are I have enough to keep me busy. Granted others don't feel this way at all. I'm also one of those that when I new chapter starts I want to start it right away as I can't just sit and not work on it knowing its there.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Really, there's nothing that says you HAVE to start a chapter as soon as it's released, is there? If you need more of a break between chapters, then take it.

Personally, I finished Chapter 16 toward the end of June, and while the break from managing productions, juggling resources, and counting KP has been nice, I'm about ready for another chapter.

After 4 1/2+ years of playing this game and liking the break between chapters, I really don't think condescending remarks are going to change the way I want to play my game. I have plenty to do between chapters and so do a lot of other advanced players. I already listed some but as mentioned by others I want some time to level up AW without AW competing with the INSANE amount of KP the last chapter required. I also think some of that time is nice for upgrading other buildings after the demands of the chapter are done. Frankly, I say if it works don't fix it! The pace that has been good all these years for long-term players of the game has worked so.......

Deleted User - 4565442

Progressing with the chapters is not required to play.
That being said, 6-8 months between chapters is a long time for active players.
There should be possibility, not requirement. Or introduce race settlements like in FOE, to have more activities. New tournament will strongly reduce activity time needed. There's no daily quests/rewards, no pvp element (in adverts it's said that game has conquest mode)...

LordVorKon

There's no need to hint someone else should ignore their preference, or that their preference is invalid.
I really don't think condescending remarks are going to change the way I want to play my game.

Umm.. okay. I'm sorry you feel I was being condescending, and/or 'hinting' at anything. I was offering my personal point of view. Since I apparently ruffled feathers, consider my comments retracted.

T6583

That being said, 6-8 months between chapters is a long time for active players.
I would definitely consider myself an active player, some may even say hardcore. I have multiple cities. My largest city is done with Ch. 16. Finished it months ago. I do anywhere between 20-30 proviences in tourney weekly, reach the top of the spire weekly, log in multiple times a day, supply trades to my FS to keep them all moving forward, plus run an FS ranked just outside the top 10 on K world. I'd like to know what you consider active since you seem to be speaking for all active players with your statement. It might be a long time for some players but not for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.