• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26692

To put it simply: The output per square is better than the other choices available.

Using your chapter 8 city as an example:
Pond of recreation= 123 culture per square (3700/30 squares)
Magic res = 103 pop per square (1710/ 16.5 squares (12 squares+1.5 roads+ 3 culture))

The Witch hut at stage 1 gives 234 pop and 1080 culture, a value of over 10 squares.
The Witch hut at stage 2 gives 490 pop and 2300 culture, a value of over 23 squares.
The Witch hut at stage 10 gives 882 pop and 4140 culture, a value of over 42 squares.

Since the witch hut only takes up 18 squares we can see that even at stage 2 it's worth placing in your city. Perhaps even at stage one depending on how much space/value you put on the frogs/orc productions.

You can always go deeper and look at the KP per day, the troops, and the orcs it produces, but once I see that a building gives more pop & culture than the best available pop&culture for a city I just take everything else as a bonus.
Thank you for that response, soggyshorts. Exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone think the frogs or orcs are worth it?

Deleted User - 1178646

To put it simply: The output per square is better than the other choices available.

Using your chapter 8 city as an example:
Pond of recreation= 123 culture per square (3700/30 squares)
Magic res = 103 pop per square (1710/ 16.5 squares (12 squares+1.5 roads+ 3 culture))

The Witch hut at stage 1 gives 234 pop and 1080 culture, a value of over 10 squares.
The Witch hut at stage 2 gives 490 pop and 2300 culture, a value of over 23 squares.
The Witch hut at stage 10 gives 882 pop and 4140 culture, a value of over 42 squares.

Since the witch hut only takes up 18 squares we can see that even at stage 2 it's worth placing in your city. Perhaps even at stage one depending on how much space/value you put on the frogs/orc productions.

You can always go deeper and look at the KP per day, the troops, and the orcs it produces, but once I see that a building gives more pop & culture than the best available pop&culture for a city I just take everything else as a bonus.

hmmm, at chapter 16 the pop is 214 per square vs 650 for a magic building (excluding warm springs bonus pop)
I do not really need culture, so I guess it depends if you can make use of the culture bonus.

I personally already have enough (event) culture buildings in my city So I do not see much use for it in my case.
Guess it's a nice building if you started playing in the past 12 months or so.

The Unbeliever

Thank you for that response, soggyshorts. Exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone think the frogs or orcs are worth it?
Orks resource is an absolute ***** to produce 'naturally', (ie: through Armouries), as they suck up an ungodly amount of space due to factoring in the pop + culture required to build/upgrade the armoury, AND THEN, add in the space of the armoury itself.
And the further into the game you go, the more your Orks resource is bled dry. (Ch.9 and on = Spire/Tournament catering, World Map catering past ring 11, certain building upgrades, various guest race productions, etc...)

So yes, Witch's Hut is easily a mid 'A tier' building, as it produces a fairly substantial number of Orks per day on top of the pop+culture it provides. :)

As for the Frogs, their use is determined more by whether you're an 'Ummie, or a 'Pointy-Ear'...
Elves get far less value out of Frogs, at least until they hit 3* level, because their Golums are already quite excellent troops.
Humans on the other hand... ugh, you've got Mortars (ick!), who are in the running alongside Barbarians as the worst units in the entire game! (ie: they're so beyond complete hot garbage, that they will routinely lose vs. even the unit types they supposedly have advantages against - they actively *require* 'friendly terrain' generation to win a fight!)

So if you're a Human especially, there's nothing but massive positives here, because you literally can't get your hands on enough alternate sources of Frogs pre-Halflings chapter.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
hmmm, at chapter 16 the pop is 214 per square vs 650 for a magic building (excluding warm springs bonus pop)
I do not really need culture, so I guess it depends if you can make use of the culture bonus.

I personally already have enough (event) culture buildings in my city So I do not see much use for it in my case.
Guess it's a nice building if you started playing in the past 12 months or so.
Your math is incomplete ;)

Unlike Frank you don't have 100% Magic residences- in fact you have 28 regular ones giving you
341 pop/sq​
vs​
190 pop/sq in the hut​

Then we have your armories that make
1730 orcs per 12h​
vs​
1750 orcs per 24h in the hut​
That's basically half of an armory.
Your armories each take up 28 squares, plus 2 roads, plus 24 squares of pop, plus whatever the supplies cost to run them is(let's say zero)

I see you also have Grounds of the Orc Strategists in your city, each taking up 9 squares and producing
760*2pop= 1,520 units per day​
vs​
1,360*4pop=5440 units per day​
------------------------------------
So, even if you value the 16,000 culture at zero, and the supplies saved in orc production as worthless, the Witch hut for your particular city gives a space value of

10 sq of residence population
27 sq of armories orc production
32 sq of grounds of the orc strategists
--
69(nice) squares of value, and only needs 18 squares of space.

You could even value the population and orc production at zero and it's still worth placing in your city because it takes up the exact same space as 2 of your Grounds of the Orc Strategist while producing more than 3.5x the units.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoggyShorts
I think the one thing I missed most while you were gone was your ability to show comparable benefits between various city buildings and present it in a way that I could easily follow. There are other excellent 'math brains' on the forums that I respect and appreciate, but it does take me longer to wrap my brain around their information in a way that I can apply it to my choices for my cities. I just wanted to say thank you and that I'm really glad you're back!
Cake.png

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoggyShorts
I think the one thing I missed most while you were gone was your ability to show comparable benefits between various city buildings and present it in a way that I could easily follow. There are other excellent 'math brains' on the forums that I respect and appreciate, but it does take me longer to wrap my brain around their information in a way that I can apply it to my choices for my cities. I just wanted to say thank you and that I'm really glad you're back!
View attachment 8491
Yes having soggy shorts back is LOVELY....

BUT NOW I WANT CHOCOLATE CAKE.... that was just mean to post that pic when I'm having a lazy don't wanna do nuffin day. sigh,

DeletedUser26692

Thanks for all of the information guys, I will be finding a place for the witches hut! Have a good night.

Ps....that cake does look mighty good!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
how do I use it?
1) Click 'File', then 'Make a copy' and you'll have your own in Google Drive that you can edit. I just make check marks in the world columns as I complete the quests in my cities. The worlds are identified by the first letter of their name. Since I only have 2 cities, I use other world columns to make a check mark when I've set the productions needed for the quest. When I got really industrious in one city and had the goal of rapid completion of all quests, I just overwrote the comments in the last column with notes for what was set and what needed to be set next in those buildings and what quest # that next production was for.
2) For those that don't use Google Drive/spreadsheets it is set up as a 2 page printable document in landscape mode. Click 'File', then 'Print', then make sure 'landscape' is checked in print settings and print. Then, you can keep track by just writing on the document.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So how many Witch's Hut Artifacts have people been able to get?

If you are trying specifically for the artifacts and only getting the light packages that cost 420 magic ingredients, you have a good chance of getting all 9 and not having to worry about the FA that will probably follow. But if you try for daily prizes on days you cannot buy the 420 package, you will likely end with 8 instead. That is what I am looking at right now in my Beta city. I tried for a couple of the recent daily prizes and could only buy the 195 package, and I have bought a few single candles, and I am 35 cats short of the 9th artifact with only three days to go. I doubt I will even get the 15 cats for the in-between grand prize, let alone the extra 20 for the artifact.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So how many Witch's Hut Artifacts have people been able to get?
8 artifacts and 16/20 towards #9 with 180 magic ingredients, 0 candles, 1 lantern, and 6 flasks.
I think I'll be able to buy the 420+195+8 candles by the end. If so, I have a decent shot at both artifact #9 and the second base which would be perfect for getting both a level 5 and a level 8 witch hut after getting 2 more artifacts from the FA.
(Level 5 is where the daily KP goes from 1 to 2, and level 8 is where it goes from 2 to 3)
I have to double-check which combination gives the most pop&frogs&orcs, but if it's close, that's the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.