• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Dear Humans and Elves,

Since we are seeing a desire to discuss Beta-related topics on the US forum, we have decided to create a thread solely for that purpose, in which you will be able to discuss Beta-related topics. This also means that, from now on, all other threads attempting to discuss our Beta version will be either merged with this thread or will be locked and redirected here. That way, we have a single point on the forums where beta can be discussed.

This ensures that:
  • anyone who doesn't wish to read about Beta-related topics doesn't have to.
  • anyone who does want to read about Beta-related topics knows exactly where to look.
Should you feel that this single thread does not provide enough space for the discussion you want to have, we would like to encourage you to visit the Beta forum, which is dedicated to the Beta version and offers more information and broader discussions.

We want to thank you for your dedication to Elvenar, and are looking forward to discussing Beta with everyone in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Now the question is if they will stick to what has been the normal delay between Beta and Live, meaning all of us who have finished chapter 15 have two weeks from today to prep our cities for the new chapter. The lag could be up to a week longer, but almost definitely not shorter. I just hope we get that next 10%-off expansions sale before then, so I can add a little more space for the guest race buildings. lol

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The AWs don't excite me that much, at least not the way the Constructs did. With those, I just knew I had to finish Constructs the moment I saw them. But with Embassies... meh? And my fellowships do 10 tourney chests & silver spire each week.

If there second power only included some negotiation deduction at both that would have been so cool, lets say 0.5-1% per level in reduction.
1 for the tournaments and 1 for the spire.

a KP and creepy riders, not the best I have seen.
I want them because I hoard ranking points but like you, if that wasn't my goal I would think these wonders are horribly hopeless.

WolfSinger

Well I'm done with Chapter 15 - have been for a while - but I still have 27 days left on my wishing well farm - so not going to be hitting Chapter 16 too heavy until those are done (they're sitting in the area I normally use for guest race buildings.)

Risen Malchiah

If there second power only included some negotiation deduction at both that would have been so cool, lets say 0.5-1% per level in reduction.
1 for the tournaments and 1 for the spire.

a KP and creepy riders, not the best I have seen.
I want them because I hoard ranking points but like you, if that wasn't my goal I would think these wonders are horribly hopeless.
That would be really useful, especially for players who don't fight. I fight almost exclusively and I see how easily a fighter can outperform a caterer when going deep into a tourney.

As for the ranking points, it doesn't seem that much. .5 per level per fellowship chest? So at level 30, that means only 150 ranking pts for a 10-chester? Sure, it adds up, but that's a massive KP investment to get there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Tournament Arena grants 0.5 ranking points per level for each Chest reached by your Fellowship in the weekly Tournaments, and produces Drone Riders that can be collected every 3 hours.

One thing this new AW does tell us is that Inno plans on giving us a Wonder for every single troop type that generates free troops. So expect nine more of these over the next, what, nine chapters, if they do not double them up?

Deleted User - 3932582

One thing this new AW does tell us is that Inno plans on giving us a Wonder for every single troop type that generates free troops. So expect nine more of these over the next, what, nine chapters, if they do not double them up?
Maybe, maybe not. We already have some other free troops from craftable and evolving buildings (VV and GotOS + Brown Bears).

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
That would be really useful, especially for players who don't fight. I fight almost exclusively and I see how easily a fighter can outperform a caterer when going deep into a tourney.

As for the ranking points, it doesn't seem that much. .5 per level per fellowship chest? So at level 30, that means only 150 ranking pts for a 10-chester? Sure, it adds up, but that's a massive KP investment to get there.
Those 2 wonder combined can be 330 points per week, that is a lot of points, it's all about accumulation over the long run.
I have worked my ass of to get as fas ar I am, I want those! already collecting KP instants to level them ASAP neat 15K in stock atm.

It will be a pain to get them up as fast as pushers, but i'll get them as soon as I possibly can.

I am wondering about going hard tea to minimize the beer production.

See here.

Sorry thats way way way to little of production if you ask me

T6583

Possible unpopular opinion here but I'm actually enjoying the downtime between chapters. I finished Ch. 15 in December. I'm enjoying the downtime a bit and really focusing on doing AW upgrades right now as well as running my FS. I wouldn't have minded another month or two until Ch. 16 hit Beta. I feel like I have enough currently keeping me busy between all of the events, Spire, and Tourney. I can really understand why some people seem to be experiencing event fatigue. I'm also not that excited about the AWs for Ch. 16. Then again I wasn't that excited about the Ch. 15 ones either. Ranking points aren't a piority for me. There's already an AW that gives KP. We now have 2 AWs that give KP and 2 that increase sentient good production. Drone Riders I don't find all that useful most of the time. I feel that there are other more useful troops but then again I'm not gonna turn down free troops either. Because hey it's free troops. I really like the idea mentioned above about an AW that reduces negotionation costs. We already have things to help with fighting why not one that helps with negotionations? I pretty much only fight in Tourney but in the Spire I negotiate quite a bit. I would be extremely interested in an AW that reduced negotiation costs. I think they could have come up with some more original ideas other than starting to repeat effects that we already have. Anyway opinion spoken. Now time to start prepping a bit more for Ch. 16.

The Unbeliever

Drone Riders are usually only useful for the Scrolls tourny, as the Doggies badly outpace all other LI due to their insane alpha strike ability. (hooray for high initiative + highest movement in the game!)
As I'm not one who cares much about ranking pts, these will both be a super hard "Pass!" when I eventually get to Ch.16

Now an AW that would make Rangers & Orks (both da choppy 'unz + da shooty 'unz!), my human city would jump at those options! ;)

DeletedUser13313

How long until the new chapter hits the live worlds? Or does anyone now how long it generally takes?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How long until the new chapter hits the live worlds? Or does anyone now how long it generally takes?

Yeah, two weeks minimum for sure from the day it started on Beta, maybe up to a week longer, since they seem to be having some of the same bugs with this one launching that made chapter 15 wait three weeks, instead of two, before hitting the Live servers. This all means April 21st, at the earliest, before we get it.

kctanzen

I don't see the lack of more production as a nerf as much as it is a choice to use RR spells on things that will continue to give some added value for however style of play your city tends to focus toward.
That mana tree combination has been amazing for a couple of years now, it completely changed my mana plans since the S&D chapter, which is when I first won it, and it still continues to be very effective for me. If a player has a good set up that works for them like those do, they likely aren't hurting for instant mana from using spells won from tourney play, via the dragon abbey, as needed for various things right away.

It is 'possible' that the currently perceived weakish evolving buildings get a a boost -- and would make them appealing to upgrade, for instance.
Not likely .. but possible :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
On the other hand, there is only a small increase for most mana buildings in chapter 16 (3-4% vs. well over 10% increase from constructs to Elvenar). You aren't losing much by getting 0% increase here.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The last of the Event Set Buildings was given out over 15 months ago now, and they are highly unlikely to ever get reissued the way the really old grand prize buildings were. 15 months means a lot of players who will never get them, plus there are all the older, still active, players who have never bothered to upgrade any of them or who have sold them off. That leaves a rapidly shrinking pool of old set buildings still being used by a small group of active power gamers. I have upgraded only a couple of my old set buildings and have probably held onto some of the others for too long. I would be more surprised and annoyed if Inno decided to not give the Moonstone Library set or the Chess set the expected boost from chapter 15 to chapter 16, since those are currently available to get/make.

Status
Not open for further replies.