• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1. Neighbor visits don't happen because the visiting system is a steaming pile of dog ****.
I have to manually move about the map, click on a city, then figure out what 'hoodie wants polivating, then try to scroll around and find it, and then finally click on it.
If they would just implement a similar system like the Fellowship visits, a helluva lot more players would visit neighbors, especially with the Spire (and soon the new tournaments), chewing up coins & supplies like mad now!
But no. We still have the same gakky system as we've had since day 1, that takes hours to fully visit even a moderate sized map of 'hoodies! >.<

When I want to visit the several hundred discovered neighbors I have, I just load the app on my phone and I am done in maybe a half hour at the most. I just don't bother with that very much because it almost never gets me any extra visits back. Too many dead cities or active players who have not discovered me yet or just don't care about visiting.

annen1

I don't see the lack of more production as a nerf as much as it is a choice to use RR spells on things that will continue to give some added value for however style of play your city tends to focus toward.
That mana tree combination has been amazing for a couple of years now, it completely changed my mana plans since the S&D chapter, which is when I first won it, and it still continues to be very effective for me. If a player has a good set up that works for them like those do, they likely aren't hurting for instant mana from using spells won from tourney play, via the dragon abbey, as needed for various things right away.

It is 'possible' that the currently perceived weakish evolving buildings get a a boost -- and would make them appealing to upgrade, for instance.
Not likely .. but possible :)
I have been sick, and not been on the forum for a while so I need a little clarification, please.
What is nerf?
What is a RR spell
Is a Mana tree the same as the Willow?
Thank you for your reply :)
Annen1

Risen Malchiah

I have been sick, and not been on the forum for a while so I need a little clarification, please.
What is nerf?
What is a RR spell
Is a Mana tree the same as the Willow?
Welcome back. :)

Nerf is game terminology used when a building or character's abilities are reduced. (Say previously your building was worth 3000 culture and the developers felt it needed to be rebalanced down to 2700 after you already obtained it.)

RR is Royal Restoration spell. Obtainable from tournament fellowship chests or from converting blueprints in crafting, they can be used to upgrade event buildings. Requires 1 spell per tile, so a larger building takes more. A 5x5 building for instance, would take 25 RR spells to go up by 1 chapter.

Weeping Willow is a mana producing culture building from the Woodelves chapter, one of the earliest available for mana-producers. Traditionally considered one of the best for that chapter, it is now less desirable. There are smaller, but more efficient means to get mana from event buildings.

I don't know any building called Mana Tree. Perhaps this was referring to the Mana Plant or Gum Tree, which are part of the Moonstone Library set obtained in the Spire.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
We don't know what Inno wants. I consider it much more likely that what they don't want is people getting 10,000 points in the tournament so that other players think "What's the point even trying for the top when I don't have enough provinces to get that many points even if I was willing to spend $500.00 on diamonds this week."

I agree that we don't know what inno wants, what they have made clear didn't touch on this aspect. We don't know if it is KP related, competition related or something else. I do suspect they don't want winning a tournament to be about who has the most provinces. While this will obviously be a factor to a certain point, I don't think they want it as the deciding factor as it currently is.

I don't however think it is related to scoring 10,000pts discouraging other players and if it is they are seriously misguided. At the moment if people are dismayed by that it is only because 10-18K pts is top scores, wind that back to 3-5K as top scores and people will shift their understanding and then be dismayed by 5K scores. We have seen this already in reverse as scores grew. Currently it is a somewhat even progression in pts, with the new system the gap between 2K and 2.5K pts might be massive (picked random numbers). In current system getting an extra 500pts is somewhere between 10-20 provinces (approx) where you can do a bunch of round 1 or a bunch or round 6 or anything in between. The new system if you want to make up that 500pts it is going to be a pain staking slog of goods or troops. Of course I am talking about higher point levels not going from 500 to 1000pts as that is achievable in easy fights.

I am curious to see how many more 10 chest fellowships there will be, this certainly looks way easier for people to get to 1,600pts. But its the top end of the competition and the implications that has that will be interesting in terms of balance.

For those talking about the KP aspect, spend some time considering the massive jump in KP needed in chapters 15, 16 and expected 17. If they scale the KP back too far they will create a gap between players who got through with old system and those who didn't. This gap not only applies to tech but also to wonders. The places to spend KP are ever increasing (new chapters, new wonders, new wonder levels) but the sources of KP only increase as your town grows and you can farm more form tournaments (or certain wonders/event buildings). They need to be very careful not to create a large gap that newer players can't cross. Most changes over the past few years have made it easier and easier for new players to progress faster and faster than the first group...we will see what direction they choose to take.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For those talking about the KP aspect, spend some time considering the massive jump in KP needed in chapters 15, 16 and expected 17. If they scale the KP back too far they will create a gap between players who got through with old system and those who didn't. This gap not only applies to tech but also to wonders. The places to spend KP are ever increasing (new chapters, new wonders, new wonder levels) but the sources of KP only increase as your town grows and you can farm more form tournaments (or certain wonders/event buildings). They need to be very careful not to create a large gap that newer players can't cross. Most changes over the past few years have made it easier and easier for new players to progress faster and faster than the first group...we will see what direction they choose to take.

This part of the KP loss from tournaments is the only part that really bothers me. I finished chapter 16 with three end-of-chapter techs not having a single KP in them, the two AW techs and the road tech. Just those three add up to almost 800 KP, so I am doing what I can to get them filled in now and not leave them for later, because of the coming tournament changes.

I have accepted the loss of the KP from the 2nd star of all those provinces past 20 that I will no longer be doing. Some of those lost KP I will get back because I will do more a few more provinces to 5 stars instead, but still a lot gone. And yes, if they do not adjust the KP costs for chapter 16 for all the players getting there after this goes into effect, and if they do not adjust down the KP requirements for chapter 17, which is rumored to need in excess of 7000 for the research, there will be serious problems and probably end-game players quitting because of the tediousness that these chapters will become.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
1. Neighbor visits don't happen because the visiting system is a steaming pile of dog ****.
I have to manually move about the map, click on a city, then figure out what 'hoodie wants polivating, then try to scroll around and find it, and then finally click on it.
If they would just implement a similar system like the Fellowship visits, a helluva lot more players would visit neighbors, especially with the Spire (and soon the new tournaments), chewing up coins & supplies like mad now!
But no. We still have the same gakky system as we've had since day 1, that takes hours to fully visit even a moderate sized map of 'hoodies! >.<

Yes, the visit matrix is cumbersome, unless you move to mobile for the neighborhood.... however, there is no longer an INCENTIVE to do so. Yes, there will be some incentive with the new system, but I don't think it will be enough that I see a difference. I can only speak for myself in this instance. I need neighborhood interaction for trading, culture buffs, coins, builder... So with the decrease, it hurt me then and continues to hurt my city now. I have to carry MANY culture builds just to make sure that I hit the demand.

WizardKrieg

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as formula that "fits the game". It can fit a particular playstyle, so it will work for you. Or for me. Or for someone else with entirely different playstyle from both of us. But not for all of us at the same time. So making a formula that fits all the playstyles out there is not going to happen. Rebuilding a game with a new formula? Happens all the time, that's rebalancing, and yes, a game changes around a single formula. This gives rise to new strategies and potentially different playstyles again.
As in all games of this type, the developers "improve" the game that everyone fell in love with, right into oblivion and it becomes unrecognizable. What made it great is lost.

Risen Malchiah

The answer is right there. Micro-payment, pay-to-excel, games make the majority of their money off of new players, not old ones. Expecting otherwise is futile. They want new players to get excited and drop cash. Once they hit the final chapters they are mostly a burden, constantly agitating for new content.
The thing is there are *so* many opportunities for this game to make money on small micro-transactions but they don't for some reason.

Sure, many players may spend some money on diamonds, but the game can be played without purchasing diamonds. Wishing wells and the Spire make that much easier. That's a likely reason why Wishing Wells have disappeared.

But in a game like this, I expect to open up a shop with all kinds of goodies worth buying. New avatars (or even custom avatars you can upload), new skins for certain buildings, troop instants, evolution artifacts, upgrades for premium culture buildings (similar to RR spells for event buildings). That's a LOT of missed opportunities for Inno to make money. I would have bought some artifacts (if they weren't $80 for 3 in a one time deal). I would buy a custom avatar. And I might actually buy premium culture buildings if they were at all worth getting. By and large, they are not and it's Inno's loss.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I would love to say that I could do the spire effectively, but I'm not a good fighter and I don't have the goods to negotiate both the spire and tourney when my troops run out.

InvincibleRailroad

I stopped in chapter 16 a little more than half way through and changed my game style to Spire and Tournament only. Now with the proposed changes to tournaments it looks like I will never go back to chapter 16. I will continue to top the spire weekly and work to improve my play in the new tournament system and do what I can in my city, The rewards are great in the spire and it looks like they will be poor in tournaments.

mikeledo

INNO wants to level the playing field in the tournament between the seasoned player and the casual player. If that is the real goal, the easiest way to do this is to enforce the TOS and restrict those folks with push accounts, rather than re-engineer the game to bottleneck their KP which they don't need anyway. First INNO came up with ways to feed us KP through events and buildings. They went out of their way to make tournaments easier with FP, BB, VV, ON, UUU, MM, ELR, DA plus a few more acronyms I overlooked. Now they have come full circle on both. Stop the knee-jerk response to large push accounts. It makes you look bad and those who abide by the rules are always hurt more than those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.