• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorollyn

Yes. My Beta city has won 8 moon bear artifacts so far and already converted them into 4 of last year's bear artifacts. I know I won't get two more during the event, but there will be two in the following FA, so I will end up will a level 6 brown bear in my chapter 6 Beta city. Getting about 60 frogs every two days that early in the game will make my fighting a lot more fun. :)

How are you converting the artifacts, and what are the "costs" involved?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How are you converting the artifacts, and what are the "costs" involved?
Assuming the conversions work like they did back in the Coldfire Phoenix event earlier this year, the conversions will happen in the Magic Academy. They will happen at a 2-1 ratio and will also require either combining catalysts or spell fragments.

Pheryll

Set Designer
A7jFemL.jpg

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have one Fire Phoenix and one Brown Bear. Even if some new player is given fully evolved versions of both I wouldn't feel threatened by them for several reasons:

@KarlD You misunderstand. I don't feel threatened at all. Whats to be threatened about? I don't play for rank. I play because I enjoy it... less than I did, but I still do enjoy it. I was not given access to anything that was offered in the quests before I played. I wasn't given the ability to buy an expansion at the day one rate... I came after they had fixed that particular snafu.

Taking the challenge out of an achievement is a gimmee... so how much do you have to give a player to retain them? How much are you going to reward a player that quits... to get them back while ignoring the players that are here and playing?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The "influence" of time boosters is greatly diminished.
Thats the nerf.

Where timeboosters had a great influence that influence now is only 1/3rd

In the cold analytics that's true, but if you are training your targeted troops, you get a 100% benefit on one kind. That can be a boon in certain situations and bite the big bippy in others...

It's a double edged sword.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Taking the challenge out of an achievement is a gimmee
Again, creating another path to get something is not giving it to people. No one is suggesting that the Fire Phoenix should fall into the lap of people who didn't get it the first time. It's healthy for games to not have powerful items restricted to older accounts. A way for them to obtain those things which takes as much effort as the original is good for everyone. Otherwise the developers are forced to level the playing field in much more annoying ways, or force older accounts out by making changes which disadvantage them, or watch new players drop off.

hvariidh gwendrot

if they would allow either a universal artifact or make artifacts a craft item in MA, then people would be able to play and make themselves more advanced vs putting out evolving buildings then making it where you can't really level them up if you started after event,or got caught up in real life .. then they can stop changing the values on buildings making everyone freaking nuts trying to figure out what is going to change next

Last edited:

KarlD

I have one Fire Phoenix and one Brown Bear. Even if some new player is given fully evolved versions of both I wouldn't feel threatened by them for several reasons:

@KarlD You misunderstand. I don't feel threatened at all. Whats to be threatened about? I don't play for rank. I play because I enjoy it... less than I did, but I still do enjoy it. I was not given access to anything that was offered in the quests before I played. I wasn't given the ability to buy an expansion at the day one rate... I came after they had fixed that particular snafu.

Taking the challenge out of an achievement is a gimmee... so how much do you have to give a player to retain them? How much are you going to reward a player that quits... to get them back while ignoring the players that are here and playing?
I don't want to detract from anyone's achievements, but at the same time I don't like the idea that there is a permanent upperclass where people who happened to be around when Brown Bears and Fire Phoenixes were first introduced would almost always be on top of the tournament leaderboard largely because of their ability to train tons more troops using their Brown Bear and lose far fewer troops because of their Fire Phoenix. I never wanted to just give people a fully evolved Brown Bear and Fire Phoenix (although I wouldn't much care if they did); I just wanted there to be a path to getting one.

Having said that, Inno is making a couple of major changes that are significantly reducing the benefit of the Brown Bear. The splitting of the training queues is a genius move by Inno because it helps even the playing field. By giving everybody up to 3 times more troop production it greatly reduces the overall benefit of the Brown Bear AND using time boosts. Of course when they redo the tournament system they will increase the troop losses accordingly so that the increase in troop production doesn't result in the ability to fight more provinces than currently. In fact it's expected people will be able to do fewer provinces using autofight, but that there may be significantly increased benefit to fighting manually since there will be fewer fights but they will be substantially bigger ones.

I think the Fire Phoenix still produces a permanent (for now) upper class, but I'm sure Inno is working on that as well.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

@ Karl ,
What Inno doesn't seem to get tho is the inherant imbalance once so many troops can be produced x3
and so many more need'd..... to expecially CH4 players and below who can only train 5 in barracks, and
cerebus in training grounds....... not to mention more troops need'd effectively nerf's ANY bldg that gives
a set amt of troops....( at a specific CH lvl )
Do we really need a futher way to frustrate new players right outta the game ??
BrinD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@ Karl ,
What Inno doesn't seem to get tho is the inherant imbalance once so many troops can be produced x3
and so many more need'd..... to expecially CH4 players and below who can only train 5 in barracks, and
cerebus in training grounds....... not to mention more troops need'd effectively nerf's ANY bldg that gives
Early chapter players won't be facing the same penalty for land expansions and ancient wonders, so won't need as many troops to accomplish the same level of activity.

BrinDarby

ahh thanks Ashrem .... I sure hope you're right.... I have earned expansions stacking up be nice to use.

mikeledo

@ Karl ,
BrinD
My heart just bleeds for those in low chapters who can't finish #1 in the tournament because they can't produce troops. Nevermind the fact they don't have many provinces opened up.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
As predicted, a new Fellowship Adventures starts Thursday in Beta - and presumably there will be more Bear Artifacts to pick up.
I will post when I have more information.
1f60a.png

This seems to happen automatically after an event that features Evolving Buildings so you can pick up the missing Artifacts - in this case the 18 Moon Bear Artifacts you need to fully evolve your old Brown Bears.
I really do not like this! Because it locks us into having more Fellowship Adventures than most players are comfortable with.
There must be another way to give us those artifacts!!

This one is apparently the same type as the last one, so players are saying in the Beta Forum - to be confirmed.

Here is our old file, which may be the same type:: https://tinyurl.com/yyegsm4r

Here is our Fellowship Adventures Master File: https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h

119450595_10217634253428770_2595606806524656809_n.jpg

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Jackluyt

I would actually like more FA's. Cut down on the major events... One per season with smaller events peppered in between. More mini events to keep up the fun. The FA's could then offer the artifacts for evolving. I love the FA's. I am probably alone in that. The events have too many randoms built in, So I can't achieve my goals in them. The FA's at least don't have that degree of randomness that completely kill me.

Deleted User - 4565442

@Jackluyt

I would actually like more FA's. Cut down on the major events... One per season with smaller events peppered in between. More mini events to keep up the fun. The FA's could then offer the artifacts for evolving. I love the FA's. I am probably alone in that. The events have too many randoms built in, So I can't achieve my goals in them. The FA's at least don't have that degree of randomness that completely kill me.

Halloween will be big event this year too.

hvariidh gwendrot

i will counter with adventures are a time suck for next to nothing for prizes especially if you have your artifacts, so 90% of your fellowship is doing it just to be nice to the few that got hit by a hurricane or such ) and don't enjoy them for themselves for useless prizes .. the few that go for trophy are doing it for trophy and not prizes so i gotto go with Jakluyt and hope for a better way than a very unpopular format

Status
Not open for further replies.