• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Great and since everyone will have the Phoenix's the need for more petfood will increase. Another perfect storm, you give us what we ask for and then make it unusable due to lack of Food...

Are you short of Pet Food? I am getting plenty!
I heard that Pet Food and Relics are in the same category - if you leave Relics unclaimed in the Academy, the chances of getting Pet Food next time are lower. Since I have started taking all my relics recipes ,I am getting one or two pet food every day - not sure if that is correct, but so far it is working for me...

WizardKrieg

FROM BETA - NEW SPIRE REWARDS NEXT WEEK - INCLUDING PHOENIX ARTIFACTS!!

130930650_10218190876383996_446192620728317827_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,
With our next Spire of Eternity, starting on Sunday, December 13th, we will be making some changes to the rewards that can be obtained from the Spire of Eternity on Beta, available for a limited time of several weeks, and include: Overall

• The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool, and Phoenix Artifacts are added as the new main reward. These Artifacts can be used to evolve any Storm, Fire, and Aureate Phoenixes. For those who do not already own those buildings (either in the City or the Inventory), their Stage 1 version can be obtained through Crafting in the Magic Academy.
  • For players in Chapters 3 to 5, we are exchanging the Portal Profit 10% Instants with Supply Windfall 50% Instants, as Portal Profit only becomes useful from Chapter 6 on. The same change is applied for Portal Profits 15%, 25%, and 50%, to be replaced with Supply Windfall 100%.
Reward chests
  • Supply Windfall Instants 20% are added in several chests.
  • Phoenix Artifacts are added in several chests.
Mystery chests
  • Coin Rain 20% and Supply Windfall 20% are added in Rare chests.
  • Booster 8h Instants are added in Epic chests.
  • The Epic and Legendary chests will contain a Phoenix Artifact.
We are currently looking to keep this new set of rewards available for 6 weeks, but we also want to keep our options open and may extend it beyond that time period, or make further changes before that. We will of course inform you about the changes we're making.
We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Please leave your comments in our discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

My comment: Wonderful, positive change!
Now how about giving away artifact fragments, so that when we have collected enough of them we can craft an artifact for any building?
Also a weekly mystery prize would be great!!
:)
WOW, great news for us without a "fire chicken".

Kekune

if you leave Relics unclaimed in the Academy, the chances of getting Pet Food next time are lower
I've never heard this before. What makes you say this? To my knowledge, crafting relics doesn't remove them from the recipe pool (like, say, crafting a phoenix base does) so it shouldn't affect the frequency of other recipes.

Edited: Apparently I misunderstood, as Sami explains below. Sorry, Jack!

Last edited:

Silver Lady

The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool,

I guess I’m an exception. I don’t have tons of Moonstone Library sets in my cities. I’m still trying to complete just one. :( I’m happy for those who have been asking for the Phoenix artifacts, I just hope I get to complete my sets before they are gone, possibly forever.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've never heard this before.
I read it as @Jackluyt saying if you have crafted Relics, but don't claim them before the refresh time, the chance of getting Pet Food next time are lower. My take on that is: 'the odds of getting Pet Food are zero' since if they occupy the same slot and you didn't claim your crafted relics, there's no chance of Pet Food appearing in that slot...
...Then I went back and re-read what he said and now I'm confused, lol! The rare times I craft any relics is for event quests (very, very rare) and for this last FA's Residue badge for the VV's. I have an extraordinary stock of Pet Food in both cities (98 in one city; 192 in the other) and it shows up for me frequently enough to never really worry about it. I did go really hard on the Pet Food that first event where it was a prize and I've always tried to make it do at least 'double duty' either getting through the entire Spire in one feeding, or getting through 2 tourney rounds (feeding the polar bear in both cities and have TimeWarp in one city) or both spire and tourney rounds if I can work it out that way with the boost bldgs. The Spire keeps me supplied with time boosters that help as well.
That said, I don't personally have much use for Phoenix artifacts either. Both cities have lvl 10 Fire, one has a lvl 10 Storm and the other has a lvl 9 Storm. So, I'll be able to make use of one artifact in one city. Didn't place the Storm in the first city until I hit Ch15 and used it for the increased demand on Sentient goods there. Placed it in the 2nd city (early Constructs where it's lvl 10) for this past FA to boost the bracelet badges since I knew it would be useful for sentients, too. As a mostly combat player, don't see ever placing the Aureate.
I do think it's about time they found a way to offer the artifacts, though. Offering a base bldg in crafting to new players without the ability to evolve it just seemed wrong...

Kekune

I read it as @Jackluyt saying if you have crafted Relics, but don't claim them before the refresh time, the chance of getting Pet Food next time are lower.
Ahhh ok, I see that now. I thought he meant crafting relics increased the chances, but I do think I misunderstood him. Yes, what you say makes perfect sense and I do the same.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Great news on the Spire changes! I have partially evolved Fire Phoenixes in all 3 cities I got by converting artifacts in the Coldfire event. Once these changes hit live worlds I should be able to finish evolving them. I am wondering if there will be enough artifacts available to evolve a 2nd bird. And if so, is the Storm or the Aureate considered the 2nd best? I have to admit that as a mostly combat player I have always focused on Fire Phoenix and have not paid much attention to the other 2.

StarLoad

Are you short of Pet Food? I am getting plenty!
I am glad that you and others are awash in pet food, I and others are not it seems. This would indicate a problem that needs to be addressed and would love it if you would bring this up in Beta ( I, unfortunately, do not have a voice there and Yours is loud and well known)

Ahhh ok, I see that now. I thought he meant crafting relics increased the chances, but I do think I misunderstood him. Yes, what you say makes perfect sense and I do the same.
No I think he was clear that "Jackluyt" was saying craft the relics to get more pet food. If that was the case I should be swimming in Pet food as I was crafting relics for the FA constantly.

The Unbeliever

Great news for anyone who does not yet have a Lv10 Red Chocobo.
Personally for me, not so great as I have 8 artifacts on hand, so only need 1 more to have the ability to drop in a Lv10 Storm Squawker... however, I likely won't plant him in my city until I eventually hit into the Sentient goods chapters + get some levels plowed into an Elvenar Trade Center for maximum returns. ;)

Now, give me more Witch Hut artifacts & I'll join in the happy dancing, since as a Human player, more Frogs is just pure 'win'. :p

...also, let's FINALLY get some evo buildings that perma increase our Troops' defenses please... relying the Crafting RNG to stand any remote chance of fighting is pure BS.

Alram

Flippers just flip
No I think he was clear that "Jackluyt" was saying craft the relics to get more pet food. If that was the case I should be swimming in Pet food as I was crafting relics for the FA constantly.
I don't know what Jackluyt was saying. I know that I have been crafting a lot of relics for the story quests and pet food keeps showing up to interrupt my relic crafting.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I don't know what Jackluyt was saying. I know that I have been crafting a lot of relics for the story quests and pet food keeps showing up to interrupt my relic crafting.

One of the players on my Facebook group said that Relics and Pet Food are in the same category in the Magic Academy - so if you don't clear the recipe for Relics (finish and collect) - then you are unlikely to get Pet Food next time.
I cannot vouch for whether this is true or not - but I have tried making more Relics when I see them, and I do seem to be getting more Pet Food than before. But this is just my impression that I am sharing for what it is worth; don't shoot me if I am wrong, please.
:)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One of the players on my Facebook group said that Relics and Pet Food are in the same category in the Magic Academy
so if you don't clear the recipe for Relics (finish and collect) - then you are unlikely to get Pet Food next time.
As @samidodamage explained, clearing any recipe that you start is important so that the slot is available next flip, but leaving a recipe that you haven't started also keeps it available for a flip.

Anecdotally, relics are the only recipe that I never craft and I get pet food almost daily.

AtaguS

Anecdotally, relics are the only recipe that I never craft and I get pet food almost daily.
Same.
It's always confused me why some people never see pet food while I see it so often I could skip making it if I wanted to.
But I think increasing the probability of a certain item has more to do with collecting a crafted item before the roll over and less to do with which item you're actually crafting.

The Unbeliever

Same.
It's always confused me why some people never see pet food while I see it so often I could skip making it if I wanted to.
But I think increasing the probability of a certain item has more to do with collecting a crafted item before the roll over and less to do with which item you're actually crafting.
It's all RNG based.

So yes, eventually, you'll hit a rut where you will see literally NOTHING but say relics and can go over a day (or longer!) without seeing a single pet food...
Also, it can always happen that you'll get the recipe you're looking for during the 'sleepy time' one typically misses over night, due to the 6hr recipe rotations.

It's not quite as bad on the relics vs. pet food recipes, but it does always seem to happen that when during events for example, you really, really *need* to see relic recipes to speed along a quest/s, you'll only get pet food appear. :p
Likewise, I can easily go an entire week without seeing a single troop booster... odds are though, I *did* get one, but it showed up after I went to bed for the night, and will be long gone before I wake up in the morning.

personally, I really wish they'd throw the pet food in to the pool of coin/supply/time instants & remove the PP recipes altogether, as we get plenty of those between events + FA's + spire + Red Chocobos...
That way, at least the relic slot will *always* be a relic pack, which can be used for events, gaining pet food/AW currency, and/or early game players having an easier time powering up to their 700% boost.

AtaguS

@The Unbeliever I suspect it is set up this way to encourage players to pay the 50 diamonds for another chance. If that's the case, there will likely always be something of value (relics, time instants for quests, pet food) which skips a rotation or two.

I solve the overnight rotation issue with my insomnia. Happy to finally put that old pal to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.