• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I don't play Beta, but isn't the start of the fellowship adventure rather close to the end of Carnival there? How long ago did the Beta event end?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I don't play Beta, but isn't the start of the fellowship adventure rather close to the end of Carnival there? How long ago did the Beta event end?
We had the last half day start on Monday evening and the event ended while we were either still asleep or just waking up on Tuesday. I put in my FA setup after eating the last of my candy, and so had stuff cooking before the Announcement this morning.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
We had the last half day start on Monday evening and the event ended while we were either still asleep or just waking up on Tuesday. I put in my FA setup after eating the last of my candy, and so had stuff cooking before the Announcement this morning.
So basically a 2 or 3 day break??!!! Since live world timing basically mirrors that of Beta, that is not what I wanted to hear. I kind of wanted a 2 or 3 week break after the end of this event before doing a fellowship adventure.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So basically a 2 or 3 day break??!!! Since live world timing basically mirrors that of Beta, that is not what I wanted to hear. I kind of wanted a 2 or 3 week break after the end of this event before doing a fellowship adventure.
Maybe it's just different for later chapters but for me after the third day when I had reached the locked quests the event was already over.
The 4 weeks after that all quests simply complete automatically through normal play, and that's all the break I need. YMMV

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Maybe it's just different for later chapters but for me after the third day when I had reached the locked quests the event was already over.
The 4 weeks after that all quests simply complete automatically through normal play, and that's all the break I need. YMMV
Later chapters? You are further in the game than me. lol I have not yet hit the locked quests yet. But I am not far from it and I could have done so already if I wanted to spend more time boosts earlier in the event. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to burn boosters to reach locked quests by day 3 of a 20+ day event when I can play at a more natural pace and still reach the locked quests by day 10.

To be honest, my negative reaction to the short gap is due to me not really wanting to do a fellowship adventure at all. I play 3 worlds and I Archmage in 2. The prizes of fellowship adventures are grossly undervalued to start with. And the biggest prize is always artifacts, which I never need. Because I do well enough in every event to get enough artifacts to fully evolve my building before the following FA. Don't get me wrong: I am going to plan, organize, participate in, and supervise the fellowship adventure for my fellowships. I signed up to lead, so that is what I will do. But just once I would like for the juice to be worth the squeeze.

SoggyShorts

Later chapters? You are further in the game than me.
That's what I meant. "Maybe it's just different in the later chapters [compared to your chapter,] but for me...."
I could have done so already if I wanted to spend more time boosts earlier in the event. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to burn boosters to reach locked quests by day 3 of a 20+ day event when I can play at a more natural pace and still reach the locked quests by day 10.
I've always rushed events so that I have maximum currency on the day with a good prize, but the last few haven't needed much, maybe 20h of timers which is nothing when sitting on several thousand hours in reserve.
Mostly I do it for the break I think.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've always rushed events so that I have maximum currency on the day with a good prize, but the last few haven't needed much, maybe 20h of timers which is nothing when sitting on several thousand hours in reserve.

It is a good idea to save them for now. If you ever do chapter 17, you will want all you can get. I started the chapter with over 500 5-hour time boosters and now I have zero left. But I have finished the research and am just working through the quests now.

SoggyShorts

It is a good idea to save them for now. If you ever do chapter 17, you will want all you can get. I started the chapter with over 500 5-hour time boosters and now I have zero left. But I have finished the research and am just working through the quests now.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'm parked at the start of 16 until(unless) something changes, but I'll keep 3-4k handy. (I'm at ~7,000 hours at the moment and it goes up every week)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'm parked at the start of 16 until(unless) something changes, but I'll keep 3-4k handy. (I'm at ~7,000 hours at the moment and it goes up every week)

See, the thing about chapter 17 is the three main ships, the flagships, have a minimum 6-hour production time, and the most efficient production time in the small ships for me was the 1-hour slot. So I would set all my small ships to an hour and the flagships to 6 hours, hit all three with a 5-hour booster, and then collect all of them at the same time every hour. So yeah, a few months of this and the 5-hour boosters were wiped out, plus all the ones I earned from the Spire each week.

SoggyShorts

@ Soggy, which point is best to park to keep the status quo on resource balance. Do you clear that first research point?
There's a debate on that- some say stopping is best as soon as you unlock Frogs 3-star in 15, others want to do 1 tech in 16 to unlock level 16 event buildings and Magic WS/Res. I'm part of the latter group, but your results will depend on how much your city relies on event&magic buildings

Lolilloli

There's a debate on that- some say stopping is best as soon as you unlock Frogs 3-star in 15, others want to do 1 tech in 16 to unlock level 16 event buildings and Magic WS/Res. I'm part of the latter group, but your results will depend on how much your city relies on event&magic buildings
Thanks Soggy. I just started 15 so will be a while but I’m pretty heavy with event bldgs and magic wkshp and resid. Thanks for info.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here are the prizes for the FA

Stage 1

• 1 x Ancient Knowledge 15
  • Carting Library
  • 10 x Boosters 10 minutes
Stage 2
  • 3 x Ancient Knowledge 20
  • Carnival Artifact
  • 15 x Boosters 30 minutes
Stage 3
  • Ferris Wheel Galore
  • Carnival Artifact
  • 25 x Boosters 45 minutes
You are welcome to share this link to our FA Notes with friends and Fellowship:
Stage One has been verified and Stage Two will be added tomorrow.

151567203_10218670691059063_7708181815540146072_n.jpg

The format is virtually identical to the one in January, except that Bracelets are about 10% cheaper:

151373670_10218668805531926_6000671667366754519_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
New Rewards for the Spire of Eternity
This announcement was made by Marindor in the Beta Forum:

Dear Humans and Elves,
On February 21, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes
  • Phoenix Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will be phased in instead
  • The Stonehenge building will be added as a craftable building
  • The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

151990628_10218680791551569_2228869818898910031_n.jpg

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

It is a good start only if it is followed by limiting all players to one set.
Since when has giving any company the 'right' to take away people's earnings ever been a good thing? :rolleyes:

Yes, Inno created a disastrous mess with the Moonstone set. But the solution is most definitely NOT! to retroactively remove and/or take away anything players may have earned through their efforts & game play.
Rather, just fix the damn set to give 'boosted +1' goods instead!!

At least that way the trade markets will re-adjust in a more positive manner, and no one is being unfairly punished because of stupid decisions beyond our control.

Iyapo1

no one is being unfairly punished because of stupid decisions beyond our control.
This is not beyond our control. Beyond our self control maybe.
Individual players who have multiple sets(because they can) are causing the problem. Limiting new players to one set will not change this.

Edit: I include myself as part of the problem. The moonstone set is great and I have more than 1.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

It's not fair to limit new players to one set when others have 12, especially when there is a much easier solution at hand...Boost +1.

They also could have an Event where scrolls were the Event currency and that would allow the market to balance faster, when solutions are looked for, solutions are found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.