• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtaguS

It is a good start only if it is followed by limiting all players to one set.
I was thinking that it's a decent solution but will likely fall short of fixing the issue given how many multiple sets already exist out there.

Yes, Inno created a disastrous mess with the Moonstone set. But the solution is most definitely NOT! to retroactively remove and/or take away anything players may have earned through their efforts & game play.
Rather, just fix the damn set to give 'boosted +1' goods instead!!
I'd argue that from the beginning of this game many buildings have been designed to run out of use...to encourage us to continuously acquire newer, better buildings. Yes...the moonstone is unique in that, as designed, it would be difficult to design a better building. But the idea that a building acquired by a player ought to last throughout the life of that player's game is only as new as RR spells around here. And even RR spells have their limits...there are buildings it just isn't worth using them on. I do realize this is splitting a hair, but it's a hair I feel is worth splitting, given the damage done by this particular building.

It's not fair to limit new players to one set when others have 12, especially when there is a much easier solution at hand...Boost +1.
This is what they've done for the original phoenixes and bears though. Anyone who wasn't playing at the time of those events, or who didn't get all the way through the quest list for multiple buildings, will forever be playing with cities who have several of each. I'm not saying it's fair, just that it happens.

Dew Spinner

Also, on one of the FB Groups a higher chapter city posted a picture of an Endless Scroll in their crafting line up, so chances are they aren't limited but maybe this player was unlucky at getting one, like Soggy was for so long. We should know soon enough.

Yogi Dave

I got rid of my moonstone set for ch 17. Now that it's done I have placed several mana plants, gum trees, and moonstone gates to boost mana production. This doesn't contribute to the scroll pollution. ;) However, my CC stash is falling. My MA makes them continuously and I always get to the top of the spire. I only have one other place that could produce them: The libraries. I have 15 in inventory (along with 81 of the other set buildings) which I could bring out (and put where?), but what would I do with the scrolls? Currently I just sequester them. Over 20 million so far and growing. The S goods decay from the set, but I try to convert them into goods I'd like them to decay into. Changing to boost +1 would probably generate the least complains, but eventually, I'd like to see the moonstone set replaced with something else.

Plenty of other threads exist about the moonstone set. Now back to beta.

I'm glad they have put the Stonehenge artifact in the spire for 6 weeks and hope they continue with that trend. It should keep it from getting stale and help the newer players. I'd be nice if they also add some new building that will help both the youngsters and us old timers too. I've heard people grumbling about that aspect. For now, I'm happy that it changes.

Dew Spinner

I was thinking that it's a decent solution but will likely fall short of fixing the issue given how many multiple sets already exist out there.

I'd argue that from the beginning of this game many buildings have been designed to run out of use...to encourage us to continuously acquire newer, better buildings. Yes...the moonstone is unique in that, as designed, it would be difficult to design a better building. But the idea that a building acquired by a player ought to last throughout the life of that player's game is only as new as RR spells around here. And even RR spells have their limits...there are buildings it just isn't worth using them on. I do realize this is splitting a hair, but it's a hair I feel is worth splitting, given the damage done by this particular building.

This is what they've done for the original phoenixes and bears though. Anyone who wasn't playing at the time of those events, or who didn't get all the way through the quest list for multiple buildings, will forever be playing with cities who have several of each. I'm not saying it's fair, just that it happens.
There was no easy solution for Phoenixes and Bears, there is an easy solution to fix this building and it's not handicapping new players anymore than they already are by the Phoenix and Bear issue.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
New Rewards for the Spire of Eternity
This announcement was made by Marindor in the Beta Forum:

Dear Humans and Elves,
On February 21, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes
  • Phoenix Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will be phased in instead
  • The Stonehenge building will be added as a craftable building
  • The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building

I complained about the wording of this on the Beta forum too, but Beta went back to the Moonstone set four weeks ago, when the Phoenix artifact started on the Live servers. This makes it sound like we could still get artifacts last week, when it has been four weeks.

Yogi Dave

The Moonstone Library set is also back as a craftable building
...posted a picture of an Endless Scroll in their crafting line up
What? I missed that part. Okay, now I get to complain. Keep them out of the MA. Every building that you can only have 1 of, but I don't want to place are in my inventory. This one doesn't have a limit, but can occupy a space in my crafting set? Dang! (or stronger words as you wish to use, like dagnabit)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Also, on one of the FB Groups a higher chapter city posted a picture of an Endless Scroll in their crafting line up, so chances are they aren't limited but maybe this player was unlucky at getting one, like Soggy was for so long. We should know soon enough.
I have it from a pretty solid source that it's one and done like the chess set.
Also, other sources are constantly flipping the MA for residue badges and at least ONE of them should have seen a piece by now.

Dew Spinner

What? I missed that part. Okay, now I get to complain. Keep them out of the MA. Every building that you can only have 1 of, but I don't want to place are in my inventory. This one doesn't have a limit, but can occupy a space in my crafting set? Dang! (or stronger words as you wish to use, like dagnabit)
Hopefully they take out as many buildings as the set is or we all will be getting a lot less 5 day military buildings!

Dew Spinner

I have it from a pretty solid source that it's one and done like the chess set.
Also, other sources are constantly flipping the MA for residue badges and at least ONE of them should have seen a piece by now.
So that means new players are relegated to using their MA as a CC factory only. Just another new player handicap! We already have tons of new player dead cities cluttering up the whole map!

Kekune

I am really surprised they added Stonehenge artifacts to the Spire. I thought for sure that they would put the Bear artifacts in next.
If memory serves (and it often doesn't), this was the order in which the evolvers were released. The summer event that year brought Stonehenge, and then in the fall we got bears. So if they're going in order of release, the bears would be next.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If memory serves (and it often doesn't), this was the order in which the evolvers were released. The summer event that year brought Stonehenge, and then in the fall we got bears. So if they're going in order of release, the bears would be next.
Hmm. So you think they are going to do every evolving building ever, in order? Interesting. I had not considered this. Does anybody have a list of the order the evolving building events occurred in?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

No, the Mermaid event and building came in between Stonehenge and the Bears. We had two Summer events in 2019, early Summer and late Summer. So if they follow the release pattern, as some of us believe, it will be 6 weeks for Stonehenge artifacts and then 6 weeks for Mermaid artifacts and then the 2019 Bear artifacts, followed by Gingerbread House, Valentine Float, 2020 Phoenix (Coldfire), May Tree, Wise Golem, 2020 Bear (Moon), Winter Owl, and finally the current Everblossom Sleigh.

With two more weeks for the 2019 Phoenix artifacts, it will get to the Sleigh in 62 weeks, or well over a year. And in that year, how many more evolving buildings will we get that will be added onto that sequence? Or maybe the Phoenix and Bear will be put into the rotation again? Perhaps we will see the 2019 Phoenix artifacts in the Spire again one year from now at the same time of year we now have them?

Kekune

No, the Mermaid event and building came in between Stonehenge and the Bears.
Ahhh I forgot about that one.
So you think they are going to do every evolving building ever, in order?
Dunno. Hadn't really thought about it until this announcement about Stonehenge. But it kind of makes sense. Or at least to hit the highlights, but I'm not sure I'd trust their definition of highlight.

Torcuato

How long would it take to do a full round for all the buildings?

New (ish) player here, 6 months playing. Very active player and I could not complete the set for the Library and now got only 1 artifact for Phoenix (2 full levels of Spire completed every week). If this changes every 6 weeks there is not point for me to get a building at stage 2 or 3 and then get stuck there. It's not worth the space in my city. No motivation to keep getting buildings at lower stages.
I'm not sure if the 3rd level of the Spire gives more artifacts but what I seen does not.
Just wanted to give my opinion.
Thanks

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Very active player and I could not complete the set for the Library and now got only 1 artifact for Phoenix (2 full levels of Spire completed every week). If this changes every 6 weeks there is not point for me to get a building at stage 2 or 3 and then get stuck there.

If you are doing 2 floors of the Spire every week and have only won 1 Phoenix artifact then you have had terrible luck.

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m a very active player too and I have horrible luck! Not only do I consistently hit two floors of the spire every week, I reached the top of the spire for the first time this past Friday and nothing. I just got my first phoenix artifact today! So I’m hoping that my luck will change for the rest of the spire.

Agvar

I agree with Torcuato, the chances of getting artifacts seems to be miniscule. I've just done the first 2 floors and didn't even get a mystery chest, much less an artifact. I'm not sure that anyone else in the FS has got more than 2 over the last 5 weeks. I'd also like to add that the RNG seems to be more a string of random numbers rather than a true RNG as the same results keep coming up time after time; for insatnce if I start winning Spell Fragments i always win SF or if I start winning Catalysts I always win CCs and it also seems like that I'll either get no mystery chests or lots - no middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.