• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow Last Elf

I don't understand why people whine about picking up extra scrolls.

If players are complaining about picking up extra scrolls, they are likely overproducing crystal or silk just to help out other players, production that is a waste of space.

Trades where a player is picking up extra scrolls is caused by an overabundance of scrolls in the game, which many players complain about, maybe we've been complaining so long we are not always clear.

Last edited:

Gladiola

@WolfSinger there is a lot that we as players can do to mitigate the effects of the scroll shortage. I'm pretty tiny (still in chapter 3, just about to unlock my t3 boost). But I avoid buying scrolls from the wholesaler and buy pretty much anything else instead. I trade my marble to people offering scrolls for it (which does leave me with more scrolls than I need, albeit 5000 of them instead of 5 million). Other players can be helpful and absorb the excess so as not to penalize the scrolls players. And we do.

But it would also be kind of nifty if the problem game mechanics have created could be addressed through game mechanics.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't understand why people whine about picking up extra scrolls. We have unlimited storage - so having 5-10-100 million scrolls doesn't impact anything (if storage was limited then I would understand).

If you have enough of the other T2 goods to pick up trades - but don't because you have TOO many scrolls - that seems a little silly to me.

What am I missing here?

An example from a long-time player. I have about 11 million each in crystal and silk. I have about 28 million in scrolls. I am boosted in silk and help people with their scroll trades, but not all the trades. With the amount posted in my discovered region, I could use up my millions in silk in a few months, if I took everything. And now it is crystal becoming a real shortage. And silk would be an issue, if I did not make it.

So the real problem is that a few of us big cities do help, while the rest are selfish and just complain.

Yogi Dave

I don't understand why people whine about picking up extra scrolls
It's nice that you don't have a problem picking up scroll trades you don't need. I may seem silly that other people don't do that, but enough don't, which makes it more difficult for people scroll boosted players. Many people don't even know there is a problem. They play the game but don't come to the forum, so why would they know there is a problem and they should be nice and take those trades?
If you have enough of the other T2 goods to pick up trades - but don't because you have TOO many scrolls - that seems a little silly to me.

What am I missing here?
One answer is in the 'if' clause. Less advanced players or pure caterers don't have enough T2 goods to pick up those trades. There actually is an advantage to not taking them. If you don't have to get any or many scrolls, you just need to trade for either crystal or silk which means you can cater more provs. Until a player has advanced beyond needing goods of any type, they are often running out of a good. If they don't need scrolls, that's a bonus for them.

I'm boosted in crystal, but have 11 million crystal and silk each and 25 million scrolls. I almost always fight, so taking scroll trades doesn't hurt my game the way it might others.

WolfSinger

@Enevhar Aldarion - that makes sense. I've been playing a long time also - boosted in scrolls - just finished chapter 17. I've always handled trades - FS first and then whatever else I can pick up - while trying to maintain a minimum amount of each good since I negoiate the spire and cater/auto fight tourney.

If I'm over that minimum amount in my non-boosted - I'll pick up boosted for those from FS and smaller players.

To me it's no big deal if I build up a huge amount of a specific good when I have the availability to pick up those trades. Heck I'm boosted in Scrolls and only have 8 million in inventory (of course I only have out 1 moonstone library atm.)

Yes, there may be scrolls trades sitting for a while - but if you can't pick them up -then you shouldn't feel obligated to do so. And if you have an overabundance of scrolls, but don't need the other T2 goods, then why post trades.

LisaMV

uh... not to throw a monkey wrench in here... but I am scroll-boosted in 2 of my 4 cities, and I swear, I am having to MM them all the time! It could be my specific chapter or such, but I noticed my scrolls plummeting after an update, 4-5 updates ago. So they are possibly 'charging' more T2's in general to offset the scroll issue. Has anyone else noticed that? I do all catering, so perhaps it is more noticible for me.
But it is so odd to be boosting fully evolved scroll factories, with all this constant decreeing about the excessive scrolls in Elvenar.

Chew on that, you brainiacs of Elvenar! :)

Yogi Dave

People who are boosted in scrolls still need them. It sounds like you are using all your scrolls, so aren't needing to trade them. But if that's the case, how do you get the other T2 goods? The problem is about people who make them and have difficulty trading them for the other goods they need as easily as others can trade their boosted good. Often the only way they can trade them is to put them up with a discount. This can mean they have to produce more scrolls than someone boosted in crystal or silk just to trade them and it may take longer to get their trades taken since fewer people need them (or only need a few).

Catering eats a lot of goods and there are places in chapters that need more of one good than another. I can't know your specific situation, but you could be at a point where the techs and upgrades are eating them or you are getting near the tech that will allow you to upgrade your T2 factories so they aren't as efficient as needed. I don't think the updates have anything to do with it. I don't believe they have changed the amount of goods required for techs or upgrades. The only other way an update to the game could affect it would be requiring on average more scrolls than the other T2 goods in the spire or tourneys. If that was the case, especially being several updates ago, someone would have noticed. Well, probably. Since I fight, I can't know that from experience.

Last, this is about the overall state of scrolls being a glut in the worlds. There will always be different situations for players.

LisaMV

@Yogi Dave

Thank you for your thoughtful response!
Yes - it may very well have been a coincidence with the update, and more to do with entering a new chapter or such. I keep my tiers balanced, so it was that all my T2s were suddenly getting used up at an alarming rate as well.

To me, at least on a daily level, healthy trading has most to do with the FS balance of goods anyway - but I am sure that is different for cities beyond chapter 11 with a much larger trading world.

Gladiola

I have noticed the spire seems to require scrolls pretty often. I don't know if scrolls are used more than other goods in the spire. It would be an in-Spired (pardon the pun) solution to the problem if they were.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have noticed the spire seems to require scrolls pretty often. I don't know if scrolls are used more than other goods in the spire. It would be an in-Spired (pardon the pun) solution to the problem if they were.
Hmm
I see the opposite. I try to give the Spire scrolls first because it should take more, seeing as it created the problem, in a sense. But it rarely works. I have twice, ever, had a ghost take more than one batch is scrolls, while it's much more common to get 'nobody needs it' first round out.

Gladiola

@Lelanya I mean that I see scrolls as part of the convince option pretty often (as opposed to them actually taking them), although I mostly observed that in my first round, when I didn't have as many data points. Lately it seems to want a lot of silk, which of course my fellowship and I have the least of. (I'm crystal boosted.)

Usually I offer scrolls before silk if both are options, so of course I see "Nobody needs it" more often for scrolls, because if nobody needs silk I would hopefully never have to offer it.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@Lelanya I mean that I see scrolls as part of the convince option pretty often (as opposed to them actually taking them), although I mostly observed that in my first round, when I didn't have as many data points. Lately it seems to want a lot of silk, which of course my fellowship and I have the least of. (I'm crystal boosted.)

Usually I offer scrolls before silk if both are options, so of course I see "Nobody needs it" more often for scrolls, because if nobody needs silk I would hopefully never have to offer it.

I see scrolls often but also every other options.

with up to 8 options it's hard to not see it often

juniperknome

4x library at 8.5k /day plus
2x 5.2/day plus
8.2k/day gingerbread and
i am boosted scrolls too low end 100k /day so took out all the scrolls manufacturing
how many people per realms are here. most are using the combining catalyst i have two spare too on the library

Status
Not open for further replies.