• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite1313

I'm a new player, too, and go to the top of the spire every week. So far, I have gotten 2 artifacts. So, there sits my anemic little level 3 fire phoenix in my city. Better than nothing, but I think they need to adjust their formula a bit (they overcompensated when players got several during the first week in beta).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm a new player, too, and go to the top of the spire every week. So far, I have gotten 2 artifacts. So, there sits my anemic little level 3 fire phoenix in my city. Better than nothing, but I think they need to adjust their formula a bit (they overcompensated when players got several during the first week in beta).

No, Beta and Live got the exact same percent chances to get artifacts. This is all about people being lucky or not.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I leave the buildings in inventory until I have enough artifacts to make them worth putting out in my city.
For most buildings this is a very solid strategy. But I think Fire Phoenix is good enough that it is worth placing even at low evolutions. Before the Phoenix artifacts got put into the Spire, I had a stage 3 Fire Phoenix in one of my cities ever since the end of the Coldfire Phoenix event last year. The 15% combat damage bonus was still useful enough that I never regretted placing it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For most buildings this is a very solid strategy. But I think Fire Phoenix is good enough that it is worth placing even at low evolutions.
Polar bear too: At level 1 it changes your tournament cooldown from 16 hours to 14.5h.
Not only does that allow you to do 2 rounds of the tournament per day without losing any sleep, but it means you can place 5-day buildings on a Friday and get 3 rounds in before the tournament ends, do 2 full spires, and your 5-day boost will still be active for 2 rounds of the next tournament on Tuesday and possibly even a third round on Wednesday.

Veesviewpoint

Polar bear too: At level 1 it changes your tournament cooldown from 16 hours to 14.5h.
Not only does that allow you to do 2 rounds of the tournament per day without losing any sleep, but it means you can place 5-day buildings on a Friday and get 3 rounds in before the tournament ends, do 2 full spires, and your 5-day boost will still be active for 2 rounds of the next tournament on Tuesday and possibly even a third round on Wednesday.
Hey Soggy :) Would you clarify..."it means you can place (or play?) 5 day buildings on a Friday"...? wow, you can do 3 spires? (sorry, just a bit confused)
I have enjoyed having a couple days to use the bird, DA and other enhancements (UUU, EL, etc.) to battle spire! :)
Thanks so much! vees

Veesviewpoint

uhmmm, ruh roh...NVM chuckles...It took me a minute...was distracted. The 5 day bldgs are the DA, MM, UUU, ELR etc...maybe a 2 or 3 day in there too on the list. Thanks again. :)

mikeledo

The problem with the extra time the polar bear gives me increases my petfood usage. The TW at level 16 allows me to do the tournament with 2 petfood. The only way a fully developed polar bear with making a difference is if I could do the tournament in 2 days with 1 petfood, but then I would have to spend resources to take my TW to 21 and then I would still be using 2 petfood, feeding one to the polar bear. Now this could allow me to stretch my 5 day military units. I just don't see using my KP for this at this tie.

SoggyShorts

The only way a fully developed polar bear with making a difference is if I could do the tournament in 2 days with 1 petfood, but then I would have to spend resources to take my TW to 21 and then I would still be using 2 petfood, feeding one to the polar bear.
1.5 petfood with high level TW each week
1 for bird
1 for bear
1 for bird

The bear/boosters placed on Friday cover me for 2 spires and and 2 tournaments

Henroo

Oh Wise One
1.5 petfood with high level TW each week
1 for bird
1 for bear
1 for bird

The bear/boosters placed on Friday cover me for 2 spires and and 2 tournaments
Which is more important, the reduction in pet food usage or the fact that you are only needing to use half as many 5 day booster buildings?

SoggyShorts

Which is more important, the reduction in pet food usage or the fact that you are only needing to use half as many 5 day booster buildings?
I craft a pet food nearly every day and have no brown bears so the pet food savings are nearly inconsequential for me.
Getting 100% more usage from my 5-day buildings makes a massive difference though.
YMMV

The Unbeliever

How long would it take to do a full round for all the buildings?

New (ish) player here, 6 months playing. Very active player and I could not complete the set for the Library and now got only 1 artifact for Phoenix (2 full levels of Spire completed every week).
then i have terrible luck too i've done first 2 floors every week and only one artifact hopefully my luck will change
2 floors every week and ZERO artifacts thus far...
So my violin is tinier and my tears are far saltier at this point. :p

...and of course, the real kicker is, I only need one god damned artifact to finish off a Lv10 Storm chicken to wombo-combo with the ETC. :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.