• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyapo1

If the goal was to ensure that new players have a snowball's chance without spending a mint then this is very well done.

I have no doubt some new players will actually buy the stupid things because it is a "must have"....everybody says so.

Inno can take a piss! This is just nasty for new players and they should let it slide by. I certainly will.

Iyapo1

I'm confused. Aren't you in a 10 chest FS? Why would you hate the opportunity to buy Phoenix artifacts with blueprints?
Prognostications of doom.

New players get 1 library=limited spell frags
New players need more than 1 or 2 artifacts.

I am in a ten chest fellowship and I do not have 18 blueprints. That's 4.5 months of tournaments while sitting in chapter(cause if I move I will need to use blueprints to upgrade). Even I dont move that slow Soggy.

This is horrid for new players.

Dew Spinner

I'm confused. Aren't you in a 10 chest FS? Why would you hate the opportunity to buy Phoenix artifacts with blueprints?
Apparently, they feel Blueprints are more important than Phoenix Artifacts. I thought I read there was going to be a conversion recipe of Ashen Phoenix Artifacts to any Phoenix Artifacts, maybe limited to main 3 Phoenixes? Is that not happening, Is the Blueprint recipe there if you don't have/want to use the Ashen Phoenix Artifacts to convert?

Iyapo1

It seems new players only matter when it comes to pet food and residue. Interesting.
I think new players were factored into this as the primary target. Dangle the artifacts in the spire and then new players will buy the rest in the MA.

Are they going to do this with all the artifacts they plan to dangle in the spire? Probably.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is horrid for new players.
LoL good job inno.

New players: "I don't have that many blueprints, inno hates new players!"
Old Players: "I already have a level 10 phoenix, inno hates old players!"
Inno: "I don't discriminate, I hate you all mwhahahahahhahah"

But seriously iyapo, a new player* should have been able to gain 3-4 phoenix artifacts from the spire, can convert 8-10 Ashen Artifacts next month into 4-5 more and could also buy the final missing ones with some blueprints.

It's not perfect, but I wouldn't say horrid either. Unless of course, you got borked by the spire.

*new player meaning players who weren't here during the original event, not "new-new" players who just started Elvenar very recently, they're still screwed.

Sprite1313

It's not perfect, but I wouldn't say horrid either. Unless of course, you got borked by the spire.

I guess I got "borked" by the Spire. I go to the top every week and only ended up with 2 artifacts. Since I've only been playing seven months, and prefer to fight rather than cater, I really wanted those artifacts. :(

I am looking forward to being able to convert artifacts from the upcoming Phoenix event.

I am in a ten chest fellowship and I do not have 18 blueprints. That's 4.5 months of tournaments while sitting in chapter(cause if I move I will need to use blueprints to upgrade). Even I dont move that slow Soggy.

I know if won't work for everyone, but I am okay with hording my blueprints for a while to make this work. I seem to win magic building in the spire (why those and not artifacts? - the inno gods must hate me, lol) or can wait to upgrade magic buildings. Event buildings and AWs can provide enough supplies and population to delay upgrading magic buildings for a while.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I guess I got "borked" by the Spire. I go to the top every week and only ended up with 2 artifacts.
Yup, that qualifies for borked status in my books.
At 7 months I suspect you can complete entire events, so I would suggest spending all of your currency next event going for the best chance at artifacts to get 8 or 10 of them and use the MA conversion recipe.
That will get you to level 7 or 8.
On top of that spending either 6 or 9 weeks of Blueprints to finish it off is absolutely worth it IMO.

Edit: I forgot the FA! so you might get away without spending any diamonds =)

Last edited:

AtaguS

I would suggest spending all of your currency next event going for the best chance at artifacts to get 8 or 10 of them and use the MA conversion recipe.
That will get you to level 7 or 8
@Sprite1313 Don't forget the 2 additional artifacts from the FA. If Inno is feeling kind, they will leave the conversion spell in the MA until at least a few days after the end of the following FA.
If you play for artifacts as Soggy suggests, you have a chance of getting the 8th or even 9th artifact from the FA.
Always choose the chest which demands the least amount of collected currency (per progression currency), regardless the rewards within.
Sit on that MA...if a 6 hour round in the MA starts at the end of the night, you will have at least an hour or two left on the next round before it turns over (so you won't miss a single round in the MA). It can be done.
It's possible!

Torcuato

Torcuato here again and just providing an update and to give credit (personal opinion) to the developers.
I finished with 4 artifacts (level 5 chicken) and totally worth it (a fellowship member got 8 and did not complete the Spire to the top each week). The new event in March will give the possibility to get 3 more and even more if you craft coldfire ones into Fire. This will make the building worth it even if you were unlucky on the Spire.
Cheers everyone

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Today's Beta update says the bugs from the FA are fixed, so expect it to start some time next week on the Live servers. Not before Tuesday though, because they have been timing them to end on a work day for them, and starting on Monday would means it would end on Sunday.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Today's Beta update says the bugs from the FA are fixed, so expect it to start some time next week on the Live servers. Not before Tuesday though, because they have been timing them to end on a work day for them, and starting on Monday would means it would end on Sunday.
Yup that is what I suspect as well. That would give us a 3 day break before the Phoenix event starts.

rvtdragon1

Have a question from someone in my FS. And, I apologize if the answer to this is somewhere else.

When the available artifacts change in the Spire will the Phoenix buildings disappear from the Magic Academy or will they continue to be available for crafting? And, if so, for how long?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new chest values:

157586383_10218755211852030_3572985640380536576_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.