• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I feel like the name is the only good thing about this building so far.
How so? Flower Goblin Epiphany looks like it will be an excellent producer of seeds if fully evolved. Once the event starts in live worlds I will easily be able to free up 75% of the space needed to place it merely by getting rid of 1 Festival Merchant. And I will come out ahead on seeds. And the FGE is also going to give me sentient goods, population, more culture than the Festival Merchant, and a 3 KP AW spell daily. Seems like it will be a pretty good building to me!

Myne

Oh Wise One
Shaking my head. Perhaps the staff are on strike, considering the numerous errors still rife with game play.

Sadly, I think we have an entire crew of new, green programmers. I recall helya saying our programmers were moved to another project. I keep thinking I will get used to playing with the gray in-between and the mirage trades, but NOPE. Not.

DeletedUser27062

Funny that, in my culture”grandfather” is a term of respect.
It's not the word, grandfather, but the phrase "grandfathered in" which was adopted in the USA after the civil war when they introduced literacy test in order to prevent African Americans from voting. The problem, though, was that too many white people failed the tests so they introduced an exemption whereby if you had previously had voting rights prior to the abolition of slavery then you were "grandfathered in" (exempt) from the new law.

Edit: Just saw the fallout. Unbelievable...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Eudaemonia Yes it is "Unbelievable" that anybody would use this forum to try and push woke stuff on us that has absolutely nothing to do with the game. A whole lot of people are sick & tired of it, especially when you cant discuss ANYTHING without somebody hijacking the conversation to try and shove ridiculous dug up politically correct stuff in people's faces.

Ibison

@Eudaemonia Yes it is "Unbelievable" that anybody would use this forum to try and push woke stuff on us that has absolutely nothing to do with the game. A whole lot of people are sick & tired of it, especially when you cant discuss ANYTHING without somebody hijacking the conversation to try and shove ridiculous dug up politically correct stuff in people's faces.
And here you are trying to claim things are "woke stuff" and others are using this forum to push things in others faces when your post is doing the exact same thing. You are as bad and as guilty.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
And here you are trying to claim things are "woke stuff" and others are using this forum to push things in others faces when your post is doing the exact same thing. You are as bad and as guilty.

Except that I’m not trying to shove any dug up interpretations on anybody. I just don’t want this crap invading the game I’ve played for 6+ years when I don’t want to be inundated with this kind of stuff elsewhere. I am so sick of it that if somebody wants to keep pushing it I will push back.

DeletedUser27062

I've never used the ignore feature before but I think now is appropriate.

Zoof

This surely won't cause confusion at all! The one thing that's been a rather bit of a constant and suddenly it's differing between people with no rhyme or reason and nobody can really articulate it at all before suddenly a legendary grudgematch and blood feud has started.

What could possibly go wrong, and how bad could it possibly be?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Because I'm a fighting city slowpoking through chapters waiting on blueprints and diamonds. I don't (and probably won't?) have a shortage of seeds or sentients, but I have a shortage of space.

The one thing that's been a rather bit of a constant and suddenly it's differing between people with no rhyme or reason and nobody can really articulate it at all before suddenly a legendary grudgematch and blood feud has started.
I have beef with the Community Manager of Tonga, though with helya's blessing apparently. I hope it doesn't escalate to a level where blood is drawn, but I will not object at all if the glistening flag bearer of Tonga will channel his Olympic spirit to be the mediator of our feud. Then I might possibly move on to starting a grudge match with the CM of Brazil.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya The event currently running on Beta started about a week after the Twilight Phoenix event ended there. The gaps between events on Beta are generally matched on the Live servers, so that means the next event should start on Thursday this week on Live, but there is no countdown in-game for it and no notices in any forums that I can find. Do you know if they decided to delay the start until next week? Or did they just forget to start the countdown and forget to tell you and the other forum CMs to post the info and it still starts this week?

BrynmorRob

We've been told existing cities will be exempt from the changes.
That term, "grandfathering in", is racially loaded... exempt works.
What an absolutely idiotic thing to say. Racially loaded. Give me a break. Save your lectures for someone who might care and agree, like CNN.
I'll continue to say grandfathering in because my interpretation obviously differs from your "always trying to find something to be offended by" interpretation. How pathetic.

DeletedUser27062

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say. Racially loaded. Give me a break. Save your lectures for someone who might care and agree, like CNN.
I'll continue to say grandfathering in because my interpretation obviously differs from your "always trying to find something to be offended by" interpretation. How pathetic.
It's not my interpretation. It's history
Welcome to my ignore list.

Tehya1

It is ironic that the rightous indignation over what was a very brief aside is the only thing keeping this conversation going. lol

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya The event currently running on Beta started about a week after the Twilight Phoenix event ended there. The gaps between events on Beta are generally matched on the Live servers, so that means the next event should start on Thursday this week on Live, but there is no countdown in-game for it and no notices in any forums that I can find. Do you know if they decided to delay the start until next week? Or did they just forget to start the countdown and forget to tell you and the other forum CMs to post the info and it still starts this week?
I can't give any exact dates until the announcement, of course, but you're safe to expect early it next week

Status
Not open for further replies.