• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts @TalimSwift As far as buying artifacts, during last holiday season I saw offers to straight up buy fully evolved buildings. I had an offer for Mermaid's Paradise base + 9 artifacts and an offer for Gingerbread Mansion base + 9 artifacts. This is the only time I have ever seen such offers and they wanted around $100 each (I passed). I am not sure if players who already had these buildings got the offers or not.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think it was $85.00 and I passed too. Now if they offered a brown bear or fire phoenix the bank is open.
Really? You'd buy those? I'm always shocked at what people pay for in games like this. I just bought an entire game for $34 that wasn't even on sale.
My whole Steam Wishlist of 92 games is on sale for about $400.
Note: the wishlist is more of a "I wish I had 80h per day to play all these games"

mikeledo

Really? You'd buy those? I'm always shocked at what people pay for in games like this. I just bought an entire game for $34 that wasn't even on sale.
My whole Steam Wishlist of 92 games is on sale for about $400.
Note: the wishlist is more of a "I wish I had 80h per day to play all these games"
Yup. I have $34 from a game I never bought.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a peep at the evolving building from the forthcoming Elvarian Games in Beta server. Production can be switched according to your preference, depending on your chapter.
Read all about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/5b98cf6d
Per-chapter values are here: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_evo_july_xxi_triumph_of_tides/

216269440_10219508881973312_1731800908301864292_n.jpg

The Unbeliever

Basically if you want/need either seeds or else really, really, *really love V.Guards, this buildings is decent.

Otherwise, this building is a giant dumpster fire of missed potential.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Basically if you want/need either seeds or else really, really, *really love V.Guards, this buildings is decent.

Yep, like I said on the Beta forum, it feels like a daily prize, and not a grand prize, with only one good production. Even if all they did was make it always produce the supplies and then have us choose between one of the other three productions, it would at least feel like a grand prize.

@Jackluyt , did you catch that they updated the building for early chapter players, so that it no longer makes two of the choices for the exact same good? I have not checked elven architect yet to see if Konniver updated for that.

Iyapo1

The Triumph of tides must scale badly, or something. I just crunched numbers in my chapter 7 city. If I set it on supplies this little beauty is worth over 70 squares! Workshops/Residences/Culture.
Also just at a glance its per square production of mana and seeds looks solid, better than an FM. Anyone picking it up b4 haflings could keep it un-upgraded if they need mana more than seeds.

I cater so I did not look at the troops.

The Unbeliever

The Triumph of tides must scale badly, or something. I just crunched numbers in my chapter 7 city. If I set it on supplies this little beauty is worth over 70 squares! Workshops/Residences/Culture.
Also just at a glance its per square production of mana and seeds looks solid, better than an FM. Anyone picking it up b4 haflings could keep it un-upgraded if they need mana more than seeds.

I cater so I did not look at the troops.
Mana wise it's mediocre, especially for anyone who's got some of the previous event mana buildings. (ie: Mana Hut, Lave Egg, etc...)

Troops wise it's slightly better to decently better than a VV available via crafting, but again, the usefulness is gimped because Heavy Melee in general sucks. (...only Light Melee is worse!:p)

Seeds is where it's at, since overall seed production is much harder to come by en mass, as IIRC, only the Pond of Autumn is a genuinely excellent option... Festival Merchants are good, but size becomes an issue due to them being 4x3's and their production is well behind this new building.

Overall though as pointed out above, it's a crappy 'Grand Prize', since it only gives 1 production at a time, making it really feel more like a 'limited edition' daily prize.
It should honestly give 2 of the optional productions, or else have 1/4 become a perma feature, even if that resource takes a bit of a nerf in doing so.

Deleted User - 1178646

Is it?
I finally looked at all the numbers with more interest.

• Supplies: ok you can ignore that one lol
  • Sentient T4: thats a T4 factory running 3 and a bit times a day a 3 hours production, and hey it does not costs seeds? so its a factory that gives pop/culture instead of eating it, gives virtual seeds and a good amount of sentient? whats not to like about that one?
  • Seeds: Unless you do not want to make T4, I prefer the sentient option, 3 productions of T4 will cost you 3*1730 seeds=5190 seeds so for only so to me the seed option looks like a bad deal. I rather pay 810 seeds more for 12K T4.
  • Valorians: gives on 16 sq the equivalent of 70 sq of valorian valor production. I admit I dislike valor anyway especially since the triple production rate, on the other had it's a virtual 2-3 hour booster placed in your factory.
Looks to me that the whole beta forum has lost there minds focussing on seeds while the T4 option is a million times better.

I think this building is a pretty good one for people in chapter 12 and above.

Deleted User - 1178646

Why can this one be ignored? Does it scale badly at higher chapters?
1626087960052.png

yes it scales very badly once you get to the super upgrade I thought at contructs chapter combined with pop spells and neighbourly help boosters you win in the tournaments anything that gives supplies is mood lol, this is my current 3h production of supplies.
And I would consider this a bad supply rate as I havent given properly neighbourly help in a week or so so my bonus is much lower than normal.
About what you would expect for a player without boosted EE spells. while mine are boosted.

Iyapo1

yes it scales very badly once you get to the super upgrade I thought at contructs chapter combined with pop spells and neighbourly help boosters
Fair enough. In Chapter 7 this building provides almost the same number of supplies as a level 4 Endless Excavation Wonder, no KP needed.
Once I get a Prosperity Tower wonder leveled up and wonderful or reach Constructs the supply production will be underwhelming, for the moment however this little baby will let me get rid of 2 workshops, 3 houses, and 23 culture squares. So for early game the supply production is pretty sweet!

Deleted User - 1178646

Fair enough. In Chapter 7 this building provides almost the same number of supplies as a level 4 Endless Excavation Wonder, no KP needed.
Once I get a Prosperity Tower wonder leveled up and wonderful or reach Constructs the supply production will be underwhelming, for the moment however this little baby will let me get rid of 2 workshops, 3 houses, and 23 culture squares. So for early game the supply production is pretty sweet!
I never consider workshops, if you at least do 2 levels these days, eventually a few magic workshops will fall out of the spire, and if not there is always the option the buy they with diamonds.
Any chapter 3 account should find a silver or better fellowship, and the big ones should help out the newbies with the spire, the costs are pathetic.

By the time your account is about 20-25 weeks old you should be able to stand on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.