• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yah on Beta we had a weird quest in the upcoming event. I can't wait to see how it plays out on Live and if there are options. It's #11 produce basic, refined and / or precious goods. I'm going to try sentients and see if they work ;)

mikeledo

I think it's a translation issue. From what I can find 'basic' is T1 goods, 'refined' is T2 goods and 'precious' is T3 goods.
In reading, these are FOE terms that correspond to sentient and ascended. I wish they would standardize their terminology. Jack lists this which would indicate refined and precious as something else or else they would just say "standard goods."

• ‘Standard Goods’ = Tiers One, Two, Three - not Sentient Goods
  • ‘Basic Standard Goods’ = Marble, Steel or Planks
  • Basic, Refined and/or Precious goods = Tiers 1, 2 and 3

Aritra

In reading, these are FOE terms that correspond to sentient and ascended. I wish they would standardize their terminology. Jack lists this which would indicate refined and precious as something else or else they would just say "standard goods."

• ‘Standard Goods’ = Tiers One, Two, Three - not Sentient Goods
  • ‘Basic Standard Goods’ = Marble, Steel or Planks
  • Basic, Refined and/or Precious goods = Tiers 1, 2 and 3
I'm not on beta, but in reviewing the beta list for the live event, this was my interpretation.
Simply an over explained description of what it wants. It appears somebody thought "standard goods" was vague (when it isn't), so felt the need to have this broken down. Backfire, I think, is that most people just know them as standard and don't realize that T1, T2, and T2 have subtitles under standard, so this causes undue confusion.
Should have just said "standard goods" (like in the past) and if it really needed clarification (as it appears somebody thought so), then put that in parenthesis afterwards (I think saying non-sentient/non-ascended is all the extra clarification it might need), IMO.

Lelanya

I'm not on beta, but in reviewing the beta list for the live event, this was my interpretation.
Simply an over explained description of what it wants. It appears somebody thought "standard goods" was vague (when it isn't), so felt the need to have this broken down. Backfire, I think, is that most people just know them as standard and don't realize that T1, T2, and T2 have subtitles under standard, so this causes undue confusion.
Should have just said "standard goods" (like in the past) and if it really needed clarification (as it appears somebody thought so), then put that in parenthesis afterwards (I think saying non-sentient/non-ascended is all the extra clarification it might need), IMO.
I took this as evidence that yet another person has started writing quests.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How difficult is it going to be to win enough artifacts to fully evolve the building without spending diamonds? Compared to winning a full Pilgrim's Manor Set in the live world version of the previous event, is it going to be 1. Harder, 2. About the Same, or 3. Easier?

Iyapo1

1. Harder, 2. About the Same, or 3. Easier?
I am going to guess harder. It is the dailies. There are some really good dailies. I think most players are going to go after the Hoops with high daily percentages vs lowest cost for forward progress.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have the Ashen Phoenix and I'm not convinced it does anything
It's not much, lol! Over the course of the event it can add up, though. It gives +2% additional event currency (rounded up) for each quest if it's evolved to lvl 6-10. You can see the extra amount you're getting by hovering over the event currency (on browser) or tapping it (on mobile) from the open event quest window. For a quest that gives 43 total event currency (seahorse food this time), it shows the regular amount as 42 and 1 as the 'feeding effect'. Not sure where it changes to giving 2, but it'll be somewhere past where the regular currency given is 50. Depending on the chests you get, it'll open a few extra chests over the entire event. If you're close to the 9th artifact without it, it could make a difference for you. I've got it and I feed it. I figure they've reduced the daily sign-in amount they give and added the leagues so without it, it's probably even more luck involved with getting extra currency from chests to get all 9 artifacts without spending diamonds.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's not much, lol! Over the course of the event it can add up, though. It gives +2% additional event currency (rounded up) for each quest if it's evolved to lvl 6-10.

Not exactly. The percent bonus is rounded up, not the percent itself. My Beta bird is only level 8, for a 1.8% bonus, and the turns into a +2, instead of a +1, later in the quests than a level 10 with the full 2% does.

With a level 10, any quest that rewards 50 currency or less, you get 1 extra, then each quest that gives 51+ will get a bonus of 2. My level 8 bird does not give a bonus of +2 until the quests are worth 56+.

When @Lelanya put the Ashen Phoenix on the Evolving Buildings page at elvengems, she got the feeding effect wrong. It is not 1% for the 1st 5 levels and 2% for the next 5 levels. Rather, Stage 1 is 1.0%, stages 2-6 add 0.1% each, stage 7 adds 0.2%, and then stages 8-10 add 0.1%, to reach a total of 2%.

Lelanya

Not exactly. The percent bonus is rounded up, not the percent itself. My Beta bird is only level 8, for a 1.8% bonus, and the turns into a +2, instead of a +1, later in the quests than a level 10 with the full 2% does.

With a level 10, any quest that rewards 50 currency or less, you get 1 extra, then each quest that gives 51+ will get a bonus of 2. My level 8 bird does not give a bonus of +2 until the quests are worth 56+.

When @Lelanya put the Ashen Phoenix on the Evolving Buildings page at elvengems, she got the feeding effect wrong. It is not 1% for the 1st 5 levels and 2% for the next 5 levels. Rather, Stage 1 is 1.0%, stages 2-6 add 0.1% each, stage 7 adds 0.2%, and then stages 8-10 add 0.1%, to reach a total of 2%.
Haaaa Lelanya did no such thing @Enevhar Aldarion
What I will do is pass on your musings, though.

Lelanya

This is now fixed as well.
Thank you for pointing this out :)

mikeledo

I have a second Ashen Phoenix that I have not placed. I assume they are additive and I could get 3.2% instead of 2%. I might give it a try on the next event since we can now teleport partial evolve buildings. I found this to be about the same. I like how it started when I could start the tournament. Never could use any sentient or advance or precious goods. Geesh.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
How difficult is it going to be to win enough artifacts to fully evolve the building without spending diamonds? Compared to winning a full Pilgrim's Manor Set in the live world version of the previous event, is it going to be 1. Harder, 2. About the Same, or 3. Easier?
much easier as you normally het get an FSA after the event which can give you up to 2 more artefacts.
So even if you end up with only 8 of them it still should be fine, also no not forget they are cycling old artefacts in the spire so thats another opportunity you might get, and also are artefacts appearing more and more in the crafting menu. so it might take time but eventually you should be able to get a full one, even if you flunk this one massivly

Henroo

Oh Wise One
much easier as you normally het get an FSA after the event which can give you up to 2 more artefacts.
So even if you end up with only 8 of them it still should be fine, also no not forget they are cycling old artefacts in the spire so thats another opportunity you might get, and also are artefacts appearing more and more in the crafting menu. so it might take time but eventually you should be able to get a full one, even if you flunk this one massivly
I am wondering if the fellowship adventure after this event *WILL* feature artifacts. There are artifacts in the silver and gold leagues. I think these might take the place of the artifacts which have traditionally been offered in the following fellowship adventure. If my theory is right, the event is pretty much all or nothing. There is no way to finish in the silver or gold league unless you are ALREADY doing very well in the event. So the people who actually need the extra artifacts are not going to be able to win them. Until I see evidence from Beta's fellowship adventure, I am treating this event as if it is the only chance I will have to earn artifacts. Just to be on the safe side.

Dew Spinner

I am wondering if the fellowship adventure after this event *WILL* feature artifacts. There are artifacts in the silver and gold leagues. I think these might take the place of the artifacts which have traditionally been offered in the following fellowship adventure. If my theory is right, the event is pretty much all or nothing. There is no way to finish in the silver or gold league unless you are ALREADY doing very well in the event. So the people who actually need the extra artifacts are not going to be able to win them. Until I see evidence from Beta's fellowship adventure, I am treating this event as if it is the only chance I will have to earn artifacts. Just to be on the safe side.
I think this is a very good idea, INNO wants players to spend money and they won't if they can just wait for the FSA. I would be surprised to see artifacts in the FSA.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new round of Fellowship Adventures starts on Tuesday 27th July 2021 in Beta server.
I will post more details just as soon as we have them.

222656539_10219576997916168_721690276982719926_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.