• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

The players who bitch about events being too frequent are winning...congrats.
IIRC, the beta play of the Halloween event began on Oct 1st last year, so *IF* it does indeed start on Sept 30th this year, then it's on par with last year...

Still, it'd be nice to have a mid Jan - early Feb event instead of being forced to twiddle our thumbs from early Jan until fething March before we get the first event of the new year! :mad::mad:

By comparison, FoE's event timetable is:
mid Jan - Forge Bowl (football theme)
late Feb - St. Paddy's Day
early April - Spring
mid May - Archaeology
mid June - Soccer Cup
July - Wildlife
Aug - Summer
mid Sept - Fall Baking
mid Oct - Halloween
early Dec - Winter

Now granted, there's no FA's to slow things down, and honestly, the FA's really need to go and die in dumpster fire IMHO. :p
Just do a decent job of calculating how much event currency is needed to gain 1x full main building prize, AND, *remove the bonus currencies from the chests*!! Now the Leagues become skill-based, with 'Gold' league being a 'spend dias if you really want it' bracket.

I'm not saying we need quite as many events as FoE has, but 1 more wouldn't go amiss either, as right now we only have 8 vs. FoE's 10. ;)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new questline event starts in Beta on Thursday 30th September.
I will post full details as soon as we know more - watch this space!!

243132635_10219882623316612_3276292822431017165_n.jpg

OIM20

Why must there always be this "we should be like FoE" comparison?

And I'm not entirely sure why there's a complaint about
being forced to twiddle our thumbs from early Jan until fething March
when there's the Elvarian Carnival. It was my first event - it was in progress when I created my first city. My oldest e-mail from Elvenar/Inno is dated 14 Feb 2021. So there is an event that fills the space you're referencing already, as it also occurred in 2020 and 2019.

As for the FAs "dying in a dumpster fire", well, you also want PvP if memory serves, which is the actual opposite of the point of Elvenar. It's a game of cooperation, communication, working together toward a common goal.
The FAs - in their original spirit, perhaps - embody that as to be successful in them, you need to communicate with your FS and cooperate by building whatever goods/workshops will balance out the badges between your FS. If everyone's working on Blacksmith badges, you aren't going to get very far. So someone has to be willing to make the beverages for the Dwarven Brewery badges and be online ready to do pick up every couple of minutes for a little bit. There used to be much more variety in the badges with respect to the manus, and I'm glad some of those are gone tbh, but as far as they're concerned - if everyone's working on 1-day productions, you'll never produce Elegant Statue badges and you'll get stuck.

And if you don't talk to your fellowship, you'll never know what's needed and what's not until you're trying to move past a certain waypoint.

My Sinya FS does them for fun. Yes, we communicate - wouldn't get far if we didn't - but we're not militant about participation. I've read some of the nightmarish stories in the forum of how some fellowships have approached the FAs. I have not had a negative experience with them. I'll grant you that this will be my first FA with my new Elcysandir FS, but I don't expect that my preparations will be so very different from what I've done before.

I know this opinion is unpopular with you, but I want Elvenar to not be FoE. I want it to be its own game, to be the cooperative, collaborative game it is. I want to enjoy building my cities and having pretty things, helping out my fellowships as we work toward our common goals, and I want to know that when I log on all of my pretty buildings are still going to be pretty and not wrecked to pieces because someone decided to attack my city (whichever of the three, if not all of them) while I slept IRL.

I want my entertainment to have variety, as well. If I were the type to enjoy FoE, I would want it to remain different from Elvenar and vice versa because I don't like playing the same game ad infinitum.

The Unbeliever

Why must there always be this "we should be like FoE" comparison?

And I'm not entirely sure why there's a complaint about

when there's the Elvarian Carnival. It was my first event - it was in progress when I created my first city. My oldest e-mail from Elvenar/Inno is dated 14 Feb 2021. So there is an event that fills the space you're referencing already, as it also occurred in 2020 and 2019.
Winter ended Jan 4th, and Carnival didn't start up until over a month later on Feb 9th... that's over a month of thumb twiddling. I'd rather have events to play in and keep my interest up vs. just sitting back and resetting some productions while my Main Hall takes 30-48+ hrs to upgrade.

As for the FAs "dying in a dumpster fire", well, you also want PvP if memory serves, which is the actual opposite of the point of Elvenar. It's a game of cooperation, communication, working together toward a common goal.
No. I have NEVER advocated for adding in actual PvP, (ie: attacking & looting other players), since that *IS* the defining difference between Elvenar vs. FoE.
Other than that, the differences have always been a handful of game mechanics (mainly that Elvenar levels up buildings vs. FoE's tear down + replace with newer age buildings), & the Fantasy vs. 'Realism' themes.
Almost all of the 'new' features that have been added in to Elvenar since I began playing in 2016 are just simple ports & re-skins of FoE stuff, (Spire = Guild Expeditions, Evo buildings, new event formats, etc...), though a few Elvenar ideas have also been re-jiggled and ported the other way as well.
ie: Crafting in Elvenar -> Antiques Dealer in FoE. Guest Races -> Cultural Settlements in FoE.

It's almost like the games are made by the same company and that companies often use similar mechanics across their various games - who knew?!

As for FA's, they are garbage. They're nothing but a lazy way for the devs to avoid addressing the real issues with events, nor do they do much to build up interactions within fellowships... all too often, just like FoE's Guild Battlegrounds, they end up leading to more friction within the group, as all it takes is for 1 person to ignore/not pay attention to a group's plan and then others get gakked on & miss out on rewards.
Both systems are terribad and should be trashed honestly! (...past 2 months for example I've had to move guilds 3 times in my FoE city because of the clusterfeth that Battlegrounds causes!)

I know this opinion is unpopular with you, but I want Elvenar to not be FoE. I want it to be its own game, to be the cooperative, collaborative game it is. I want to enjoy building my cities and having pretty things, helping out my fellowships as we work toward our common goals, and I want to know that when I log on all of my pretty buildings are still going to be pretty and not wrecked to pieces because someone decided to attack my city (whichever of the three, if not all of them) while I slept IRL.

I want my entertainment to have variety, as well. If I were the type to enjoy FoE, I would want it to remain different from Elvenar and vice versa because I don't like playing the same game ad infinitum.
Elvenar is it's own game. It is collaborative and there is no PvP anywhere in it. But of the two, I find myself more often than not, sitting around bored stiff because we don't have as many seasonal events to play in, nor do we have the amount of variation within those events to keep things from getting stale.
I'm honestly thrilled that the next event will be the Halloween event, because of it's unique & highly engaging mechanics!
Just looking for options A/B/C and hoping beyond hope that I can blindly win enough bonus currency most of the time is dull as gak.

And likewise, the Elvenar mechanics that have migrated to FoE have been simply GREAT additions!!
Cultural Settlements being basically a type of 'historical guest race' that has it's own side-city with it's own challenges, plus the added replay element to eventually obtain the fully upgraded Settlement evo building...
The Antiques Dealer being a way to dump inventories of otherwise useless junk and spend those resources to obtain much sought-after buildings...

Please devs, give us 1 new event next year with either the St. Paddy's or Wildlife mechanic, and rebuild the FA's to be something entirely different. (...and please, don't make the Battlegrounds mistake - that feature is just absolute cancer! :p)

OIM20

No. I have NEVER advocated for adding in actual PvP, (ie: attacking & looting other players), since that *IS* the defining difference between Elvenar vs. FoE.
My apologies. I've confused someone else's comments, or I've misunderstood yours. It happens occasionally.

We're aware the games are by the same company. That doesn't mean they should be the same, and I'm glad we agree on that point.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on FAs because I have not yet become jaded to them. I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but you have a very strong, negative opinion on the matter, so it's clear that you've had a bad experience or spoken with enough people who have had. I haven't. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere in convincing you, so I will simply leave that be.

*clears throat* Apologies, beta endurers, for momentarily derailing the thread. Please partake of the sugary noms on the table to my left and the healthier noms on the table to my right with my sincerest gratitude for your indulgence, freshly provided as my penance. *bows*
_______________________________________​
(Edited to fix embarrassing typo.)

Last edited:

Soleil Nightbloom

I just noticed this new addition to the catering screen in the Spire on Beta with the mobile app. I play on my iPad and noticed the feature doesn’t look available for browser when I went on my laptop. Apparently, this feature is part of the new update as it is showing in my live world in the mobile app. Can anyone from Beta fully explain the use of this feature please?

DEB9A792-96B4-45A4-9EE4-BE619E481270.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser29287

I nice feature from the browser world map is coming to the mobile map. Now we don’t have to go the edge of the discovered map to scout more provinces it shows the difficulty too.

Attachments

• 297F8DB4-BAC9-4FA1-B041-67C4D3D335A4.jpeg
    297F8DB4-BAC9-4FA1-B041-67C4D3D335A4.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 95

BrinDarby

Spectral Stone ???? this better also be ported to PC users.
by that screen , movile users already get to see coins/tools that us PC
users don't see.....

PLEASE port see'n those 4 things to PC too ..... I'm guessing "spectral stone"
as a feature will be in both versions of Elvenar.....

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
'FELLOWSHIP PROGRESSION' - ANNOUNCEMENT IN BETA FORUM:

Dear Humans and Elves
We are currently adding some new and exciting features to the game!
When they are fully completed, the will make up our Fellowship Progression feature.
As always Beta gets to experience these changes ahead of our live servers, as we appreciate that due to the nature of this being our test server, it also holds our veteran players and invaluable feedback that this experience holds.
Currently only some new features will show up in the game over the next few days. This is due to requiring several updates to implement everything, due to the complexity of the changes being made to bring forward this feature. We do however expect that by the end of September we should have released it fully.
So what does that actually mean for us? It means that by the Fellowship completing things like Neighborly Help, The Spire of Eternity and Tournaments, this will grant a new additional resource in the game: Experience Points.
By earning Experience Points as a Fellowship, it will allow Perks to be chosen which will in turn benefit the whole Fellowship even more!
To ensure this brand new feature maintains fairness in the game, we have also implemented measures to prevent exploitations.
New Fellows will experience a brief cooldown before being able to participate in the Fellowship's activities due to this.
We would love to have your valuable feedback on these changes as you see them in game. Please use our dedicated discussion thread to share your thoughts on this new additional to Elvenar!
kind regards
Your Elvenar Team

See below for the three Help screens that open when you click the yellow '?' at top right.

Here is a discussion thread in Beta:

243437598_10219893648152226_7085833789498540222_n.jpg

243496463_10219893652072324_4021731442412241903_n.jpg

243481765_10219893653152351_5040509937331748556_n.jpg

243429043_10219893653912370_7827784626860250330_n.jpg

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Well, the cool down on new members contributing should have quite an effect on those fellowships that are rotating other people through to pad their spire scores. lol
Cool down? I have not read anything about that. I missed it somewhere. More info please?

Status
Not open for further replies.