• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIM20

You've greatly misunderstood something.

In order to not upset the net zero system there are a few ideas, but none of them are even remotely what you are suggesting (which amounts to simply trashing the KP :oops: )

E.G. players could pair up and each designates a wonder for the Perk KP. Once that wonder is about 1/2 full add it to the Net0 swap like normal.
That is very, very likely.

The pairing idea sounds like it would at least make things fairer.

And I tried to reword that just now - what I tried to say earlier - and every time I did it came out convoluted and unclear. If I'm not able to follow myself, I can't expect you to, now can I? ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The pairing idea sounds like it would at least make things fairer.
Yeah, but it's still not great. For one thing, a full FS has an odd number of players. What I think will end up happening is that I'll pair up with 2+ players and just pay them back whenever they want since I have a couple of thousand KP in the bank.

What other fellowships will do I have no idea.
Probably add a KP swap thread outside of the Net0 system and just ignore the unfairness of the chests? Or track them all and correct for it (barf)

I just hope that inno sees there is no upside to how they've set it up and no downside to changing it.

Last edited:

Grid Gypsy

What other fellowships will do I have no idea.

A pay it forward (or down in this case) would work. Highest player on the list passes theirs to person directly below them, (favorite probably) etc, etc, until the last person on the list passes their up to the first. The only thing that would need to be done is checking the FS member list each time to make sure your position is the same.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here's how fellowship members get free KP in Beta - one of the Fellowship Perks.

245178943_10219950017441423_5980113974907925461_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Dear Humans and Elves
We have today removed the recipe's that enabled the Crafting of the 2019 Bear Artifacts from the Red Panda one's from the Autumn Zodiac event.
Crafting has therefore gone back to ''normal'' due to this change.
Kind regards, Your Elvenar Team

245180349_10219950028961711_7243545143944788580_n.jpg

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
All this talk about how to use the free KP and I'm surprised nobody mentioned the tournament hit taken on AW level up. Or maybe I missed it. I know at least 1/3 of my fellowship doesn't do AW anymore because they don't want the tournament to be more costly. For those players this gift is a non-starter. I'm thinking that the Devs may be doing this to get a whole lot of players who no longer do AWs back to doing them. I definitely can't see why anybody would take the hit on Spire and Tournament difficulty by spending not so free KP on an AW they wouldn't have leveled up anyway.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
All this talk about how to use the free KP and I'm surprised nobody mentioned the tournament hit taken on AW level up. Or maybe I missed it. I know at least 1/3 of my fellowship doesn't do AW anymore because they don't want the tournament to be more costly. For those players this gift is a non-starter. I'm thinking that the Devs may be doing this to get a whole lot of players who no longer do AWs back to doing them. I definitely can't see why anybody would take the hit on Spire and Tournament difficulty by spending not so free KP on an AW they wouldn't have leveled up anyway.

There appears to be a concensus that the slight increase in tournament and spire expense is more than offset by the benefits of having a stronger developed city - particularly if one is choosy about which AW's to boost one's individual style of play. As I understand it, the only players who are really disadvantaged by the way that spire and tournament expense is figured, are the top 5% of players - and indeed it seems likely that the designers did this deliberately to trim the wing feathers of the high fliers - particularly those with multiple Alt Accounts who have virtually every Ancient Wonder at level 30...

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Jackluyt I am one of those 'high fliers' and decided a long time ago that my city can handle the increases with all my battle related AW leveled up to 30. It did get me to sell off 6 lower level non-military AWs though. The FS members who don't do AW don't upgrade because they cater and don't want to be forced to build more factories to make up for whatever increase upgrading or building more AW may cause. I guess I will have to put some thought into whether I should encourage participation in this KP not so freebie. Everybody has at least golden abyss already because prior to the tournament/spire difficulty change it was required to have at least 1 AW. I know one thing for sure. As AM, I am not about to try to track this. It seems to me that the 5 KP swap chain would be the easiest way to do it.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

A pay it forward (or down in this case) would work. Highest player on the list passes theirs to person directly below them, (favorite probably) etc, etc, until the last person on the list passes their up to the first. The only thing that would need to be done is checking the FS member list each time to make sure your position is the same.
That would be a decent system, would require the usage of the "heart" function, and wouldn't account for KP chest rewards though. Also if not all players play every day there would be further imbalances.
All around not the worst system
What is the goal once max desired AW levels are reached? I've always felt that the whole point of tournaments (aside from KP for research progression) was to
1.do the tournament to get KP
2.use the KP on wonders to do better in the tournament
3.repeat
Once you hit max AWs I'm curious: what drives players to continue?

SoggyShorts

I would think blueprints for moving up magic buildings
End game players are getting 52 blueprints per year while waiting for at least 6 months for the developers to release the next chapter, I'd think that many have an excess, but more importantly, banging out 1600 points is all that is required for a blueprint, doing more than that just gives extra KP* which as @Deborah M says is undesirable.

*and an RR, but those have the same issue as BP

OIM20

The blueprints can always be used in the MA to make the artifacts for evolving bears and phoenixes (and whatever else shows up), if one needs them. So they are useful to have if one participates in FAs to help produce arcane residue badges if for nothing else at all. As for the RRs, one can always choose to upgrade buildings from earlier chapters, either kept for their functionality - in which case, a review of what it produces & what it would produce if leveled would be needed before upgrading - or for their aesthetics.

The KP though - if you don't want it, and you feel you have no use for it, you can always wander about the world map, checking your likely inactive neighbors who have wonders that never got leveled but that other people donated to. Yes, you'd be bumping them down by finishing the wonder off most likely, but, they've been sitting there waiting on a return for that donation for how long? If the choice is never getting 15 AWKP and a shard or actually getting 10 AWKP, I'd take the 10 AWKP.

(And if you're in Elcysandir, I just put in a Needles. If you don't want your KP, feel free to fill it up for me. I won't mind. ;))

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Once you hit max AWs I'm curious: what drives players to continue?

Helping the fellowship to grow would be my motivation. I'm no fan of battling but catering quantities are insane so I battle the tournament. Note that all those level 30 troop AW do nothing to help with catering costs :( I want to make sure that my fellowship members get those rewards since they show up every week to contribute. The rewards from 10 chest tournaments are really sweet for growing cities. The couple of times I have burned out and taken a week or 2 off I felt bad that I had let them down. I also don't see a time that I won't need blueprints. I need 40 at the beginning of a new chapter which is not happening in 6 months.

SoggyShorts

Helping the fellowship to grow would be my motivation.
Yeah, I like that as a motive- I'm just not sure if the progress of others would hold my interest long-term if I couldn't make any on my own.
Especially the way the formula is set up the combination of not leveling wonders and not progressing through chapters would end me pretty quickly I think.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Especially the way the formula is set up the combination of not leveling wonders and not progressing through chapters would end me pretty quickly I think.

So far I am closing my eyes for this and levelling wonders and playing through chapters. I may regret it as it may end up hurting my tourney performance, but if I stop developing my city then I am pretty sure I would quickly lose interest.

Kekune

So far I am closing my eyes for this and levelling wonders and playing through chapters. I may regret it as it may end up hurting my tourney performance, but if I stop developing my city then I am pretty sure I would quickly lose interest.
Same. I decided I'd rather just keep going. So far, I'm managing... but the cost increases are hard to keep up with. It's definitely something I have to actively watch, whereas for a few chapters before the changes last year, things just grew easily and naturally.

I might have to tank a few AWs eventually... as it is, I've got my lvl1 Shrine of Champions that I can't quite bring myself to take to lvl2. I hate how much I second guess something that I'd otherwise be pretty happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.