• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aritra

I think Lelanya's comment is directed at the lack of fellowship adventures. Inno made it easier to get all 9 artifacts in the current event, so there is no FA after it. And historically events involving a set building are not followed by a FA either. So we are getting something like a 2 or 3 month break from fellowship adventures.
So what about the event(s)?
Is the 8x5 set for the next event ("easy/easier") and another set (of unknown size) at the next event (normal sized), or do we not know yet?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So what about the event(s)?
Is the 8x5 set for the next event ("easy/easier") and another set (of unknown size) at the next event (normal sized), or do we not know yet?
I think the current event is the one she is talking about as easy. The shuffleboard style design is one of my favorite formats and it seems to involve less luck than the chests. If you open enough boxes on a board, you are guaranteed to get both the daily prize and the extra currency. So it is easy. The 8x5 set is the next event, which started a few days ago on Beta.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Aritra
I think @Lelanya & @Henroo are talking about 2 events and 2 FA's and describing that break from FA's as our gift from Inno:

Current Event with evolving bldg, no FA after. Next event (in beta now) with set bldgs, no FA after.
This current event is the one that it's supposed to be 'easy/easier' to get all the artifacts, thus no need for the FA after.
The next event with the set bldgs (that's in beta right now) is the one with the questionable difficulty factor. Difficult as in gaining enough event currency.

There's lots of speculation here on the possible effects on individual game play of the new League concept along with the recent Ashen Phoenix as a reward. Both those things have the potential to impact how much event currency will be needed to get the full set, especially if the event was designed around players having access to more ways to increase free event currency collections. It should become obvious on beta soon; I haven't done much reading on the beta forums yet, so don't have an opinion about that right now.

I think it's easy to get confused in this thread. When referring to the events, players thinking 'beta' are calling the Fairy Queen event the 'last' event and the one with the set bldgs the 'current' event. Players thinking 'live' are calling the Fairy Queen event the 'current' event and the one with the set bldgs the 'next' event.
I don't think there's been any speculation (here) about the Summer event, yet. That info has probably already leaked; I just haven't seen it yet.

The Unbeliever

It'd be nice if, along with the artifacts being made available once again for these things, it was possible to obtain more than a single BUILDING to evolve as well. So far that's only been possible during the event that made each building first available. Perhaps the final spire encounter could include a 5% chance of obtaining the base building instead of an artifact? I don't know how that'd work for the Fire/Storm/Aureate Phoenixes or the Brown/Polar/Panda Bears though, since those trios were each introduced together. Maybe have each one available for two out of the 6 weeks the artifacts are available?
Just make it a 'Phoenix Selection Kit' that allows you to pick 1 of any of the 3 Lv1 buildings, just like we get in FoE...

And before anyone screams blue bloody murder at the thought of some players eventually obtaining 4-5+ Fire Chickens, WHO REALLY CARES ANYWAYS?!?
Maybe the couple dozen people who dream of getting 1st place every week in the tourney? (big whooptie-do)

There's no PvP in this game, as in, no attacking & plundering/burning down other players' cities, so who care if 'uber competitive 'Bob' builds up a 1000% atk boost?
All he gets every week is some extra ranking pts and a whackload of KP that eventually you run out of places to spend them in. (since AW's are hard-capped in this game, and eventually you hit a wall at the end of the tech tree)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just so people can mentally prepare for the June event and the building set, it will take the exact same number of grand prizes won to make the complete set, as it does to make a maxed evolving building. And that is 13. So if you can complete an evolving building now, you can complete the set next month.

Aritra

@Aritra
I think @Lelanya & @Henroo are talking about 2 events and 2 FA's and describing that break from FA's as our gift from Inno:

Current Event with evolving bldg, no FA after. Next event (in beta now) with set bldgs, no FA after.
This current event is the one that it's supposed to be 'easy/easier' to get all the artifacts, thus no need for the FA after.
The next event with the set bldgs (that's in beta right now) is the one with the questionable difficulty factor. Difficult as in gaining enough event currency.

There's lots of speculation here on the possible effects on individual game play of the new League concept along with the recent Ashen Phoenix as a reward. Both those things have the potential to impact how much event currency will be needed to get the full set, especially if the event was designed around players having access to more ways to increase free event currency collections. It should become obvious on beta soon; I haven't done much reading on the beta forums yet, so don't have an opinion about that right now.

I think it's easy to get confused in this thread. When referring to the events, players thinking 'beta' are calling the Fairy Queen event the 'last' event and the one with the set bldgs the 'current' event. Players thinking 'live' are calling the Fairy Queen event the 'current' event and the one with the set bldgs the 'next' event.
I don't think there's been any speculation (here) about the Summer event, yet. That info has probably already leaked; I just haven't seen it yet.
Thanks.
I understand Beta's present is the new one with the set. My present is their past, lol. I just got confused by something that threw in mention of the one after their present/my future and scrambled what I thought I understood. Two events with no FA, no problem (I hope). I came here because I like preview info. We [live] are still in Fairy Garden but as that draws to a close, I like to see what's coming down the line. I have my 8x5 reserved and I suppose that's all I really need to know right now.
I came to the Beta thread just to see any tidbits about the event headed my way, but the League talk really concerned me. When it appeared, I didn't pay much attention because it appears to be geared specifically for players not me. Somehow I assumed it was a separate continuous event (like another version/layer of leaderboard stuff), running parallel, designed to give [comparable] more satisfaction to the competitive. It didn't occur to me that it was an added layer to the primary game and could affect those not interested in those perks. Not playing League but League could reduce my game. I'm not keen on that but we'll all have to just watch and see what happens for now.
This particular event being referred to as "easy/easier" may be how I was able to fully evolve a second base (chapter change) with seven days to spare, haha. The norm, however, has been the same active play but acquiring that last artifact by the skin of my teeth. If those artifacts will be more difficult to obtain because of the league affecting currency and artifact prizes, that's not good for many more than me. *sigh* we'll see

edit: my phrasing could have been better and less potentially misleading: queen fairy's garden, I fully evolved the second base I claimed (point being I not only got the last artifact, but another base as well). All artifacts were saved for the end and would be applied to the newest base (not guaranteed to get that second base, which I wanted because I changed chapters). The first base sits in inventory.

Last edited:

Aritra

Just so people can mentally prepare for the June event and the building set, it will take the exact same number of grand prizes won to make the complete set, as it does to make a maxed evolving building. And that is 13. So if you can complete an evolving building now, you can complete the set next month.
good :cool:

The Unbeliever

So now that we've proven the sky isn't falling anymore, perhaps we can dial back the Chicken Little'ing a wee bit?! ;)

Gladiola

I started a tiny city on Beta to check out the Sorcerors event and the league system. From what I can see, people who place in the Gold league will get an extra of a mana-producing building and also an extra of the building that produces relics and combining catalysts (they will end up with 2 instead of just one). So it is a definite perk but not game-breaking for other people; one relic/catalyst building is given at the beginning of the quest path.

People who finish in the silver league will get an extra mana-producing building.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol
Geez folks I finish Spire and go to work and look what happens.
Queen Faerie event is easy. Most folks should get 9 to 11 Artifacts; most active players should get a 2nd base. So no FA.
The set event building event will not have an FA.
To all the players who complain that we don't get a break, have too many things piled high and deep, and no chance to build their city:
Here is your chance.
Build. Get caught up. Enjoy.

The Unbeliever

I started a tiny city on Beta to check out the Sorcerors event and the league system. From what I can see, people who place in the Gold league will get an extra of a mana-producing building and also an extra of the building that produces relics and combining catalysts (they will end up with 2 instead of just one). So it is a definite perk but not game-breaking for other people; one relic/catalyst building is given at the beginning of the quest path.

People who finish in the silver league will get an extra mana-producing building.
I highly doubt anyone who already has an established Moonstone Library farm will chase after a much larger & by comparison, far less efficient CC-producing set. ;)
Sure this new set also gives a bonus set of the 3 relics needed to craft a single CC/day, but overall, the Moonstone set is far, far superior. (for starters, the lack of T4/6 Sentients for Elementals and beyond is a big stinker)

On the other hand, it's nice to see a set that will appeal far more to early - mid game players, especially those who are now limited to just the 0-1 Moonstone set. :)

Also, let's not forget that typically, once you gain the 7th artifact from the grand prize rotation, we will typically then be offered another copy of the base Lv1 building... or in this case, will that next grand prize also be a 2nd copy of the 'main' set piece?!
Excited to find out! :D
(...so beta players, please don't be shy and be sure to let us all know how the grand prize rotation shakes out!)

Socrates28

Perhaps to calm the waters a little, I hope, about the League concept, I have not found it difficult to finish in the silver in every event I have played in FoE. While I am an end game player here, I am certainly not in FoE and yet I have not failed to get every event building fully upgraded. The quests in each game are somewhat similar and I can finish them all in FoE even without putting up extra "temp cities" which I tend to do here when I have the room to do so.
My only concern with this new concept is that there are really no "extra" rewards in it, but a rearranging of them to make us think so. This has been brought up previously in this tread and only time and experience will answer that concern.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@The Unbeliever like @SoggyShorts says. Those few hundred players across all 23 servers who have multiple Fire Phoenix and Brown Bears? Rather than doing the common sense thing and making multiples of the same feeding effect not stack, they would rather crank up the difficulty on everyone to "punish" those players with multiples.

And saying that, I think there is nothing wrong if someone has 2 or 5 or 100 of the same evolving building, as long as they are not pets, or the pet feeding ability does not stack. Take away the stacking of effects from all identical buildings and give us our easier tournament back.

Gladiola

@The Unbeliever where I see having multiples of the relic-producing building potentially being useful is for very late-game players who now have +2 boosted Ascended goods and need to make sure to keep their relic stash for those above 500. Players with an extra building will be able to craft and produce catalysts and other spells (and Pet food with the tier 3+2 relic) a little more freely without worrying about eating into their relics for boosted Ascended goods. For players who are very active in the tournament maybe this isn't an issue, but for people who haven't been consistent tournament warriors it could be a help.

Some of the late-game players now might have started before crafting CCs was such an important part of the game and might have built up those relic stashes over time. As a more recent player who doesn't have multiple libraries and still crafts actively, my +2 relics are in shorter supply, and I don't know what that will look like when I hit Ascended Goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.