• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

I think that everyone who completes 70 plus quests gets the gold prize in the league bonuses. I provided a screenshot for you about the league bonus and I hope this helps.

View attachment 9812
No. They. Don't!!!
Seriously, I just explained above how the whole damn thing works! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again, for those who didn't read the first time:
- Gold League *will* be 'pay-to-win'. Always has been in FoE.

- Silver League *can* be done for 0 diamonds, *IF* you're really, really active collecting the incidents around your city *AND* concentrate only on maximising 'grand prizes' over daily prizes.
(note: unlike in FoE, this league will likely also require at least some luck in obtaining bonus event currencies from chest rewards!)

- Bronze League *should* be achievable by pretty much anyone who completes the full quest line + daily bonus collection, etc... and doesn't completely screw the pooch on choosing the various chest options.
(ie: try not to always pick the least efficient option!:p)

LEAGUES ARE FLUID AND WILL CHANGE THEIR THRESHOLDS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE EVENT!!!

Every hour the league tables will update & the minimum values may/will change...
However, don't be surprised to see sudden large leaps in the league requirements, since days with very desirable daily prizes will obviously see more fluid league changes vs. days with crappy prizes. :p

At the end of the event, you will receive ONLY the prizes for your final league finish!
ie: if you finished in Bronze League, you will only get the prizes under the 'Bronze League' banner, and NOT! any other lower ranked banner/s

Please don't make me explain this again, I'm very tired now. -_-

qaccy

Yes it's based on how quickly you solve the event, and how well you do
Won't have anything to do with 'how quickly' you get through the quests. It's entirely based on how much grand prize progress you make. This can be done by spending currency as you obtain it throughout the entire event, or by saving everything until the very end and spending it all at once. Makes no difference. Same for the quests. Complete them all immediately or not; this also makes no difference. What will make a difference is how often players are able to collect currency from the wilderness, whether or not they have an Ashen Phoenix fed, and how lucky they are with getting currency from chest rewards. All of these things, or simply pay diamonds for extra currency to 'guarantee' getting a league placement. As @The Unbeliever said, gold will be for diamond spenders only. Silver will be as well for all but the most diligent and lucky players.

One thing I'd like to caution my fellow players of though is this: Don't think of these league rewards as bonuses on top of what we typically get from events. They're not intended to be. Just like in Forge of Empires (where this system has already been in place for several years), these prizes will be accounted for when determining how much a player is expected to 'win' from an event without spending diamonds. Or in other words, expect that you'll no longer be able to reach level 10 on your evolving buildings with the artifacts you win from grand prizes, even if you complete all the quests. You'll also need the artifacts you'll be getting from the league rewards to make it. Whether this manifests as artifacts showing up every third grand prize instead of every other one, more progress being needed to reach a grand prize, or less currency being awarded from the event in order to participate, what all of these things boil down to is a sneaky way to make players seem like things are being improved when they're actually going to get worse. Worse for the non-paying players, anyway!

The Unbeliever

One thing I'd like to caution my fellow players of though is this: Don't think of these league rewards as bonuses on top of what we typically get from events. They're not intended to be. Just like in Forge of Empires (where this system has already been in place for several years), these prizes will be accounted for when determining how much a player is expected to 'win' from an event without spending diamonds. Or in other words, expect that you'll no longer be able to reach level 10 on your evolving buildings with the artifacts you win from grand prizes, even if you complete all the quests. You'll also need the artifacts you'll be getting from the league rewards to make it. Whether this manifests as artifacts showing up every third grand prize instead of every other one, more progress being needed to reach a grand prize, or less currency being awarded from the event in order to participate, what all of these things boil down to is a sneaky way to make players seem like things are being improved when they're actually going to get worse. Worse for the non-paying players, anyway!
Yes and no...

In FoE, don't forget that this year we have also been getting the "event surprise box", which when opened up *after* the relevant event has started, *and* provided you've already placed a Lv1 base building in your city, rewards an upgrade for said evo building.
ie: if I place the Druid Temple Lv1 in my city, and then open up the St. Paddy's Day box, I'll get a Druid Temple Upgrade Kit.
BUT!
if I simply just open up the event box first, I will instead get a Lv1 Druid Temple, since there is no version of it yet placed in my city.

This has led to the FoE devs giving us less currency each event, meaning it's much harder to obtain all the required upgrade kits from grand prizes... in the current Archaeology event for example, the amount of scrolls given out this year is down by on average 20-30% vs. last year, depending on how lucky you've been with the incidents.
(I'll easily make a Lv10 Ferris Wheel though, as I'll have the Calendar bonus kits with 0 problems. :))

Prior to the addition of the event surprise boxes though, even during events with the Leagues, I've always been able to gain everything I need to evolve 1 building w/out requiring the league reward. Not quite always finishing in Silver though - missed it during last year's Soccer + Fall events, but generally, I spend 0 diamonds and 98% of the time can make Silver League.
This year however, yes, it's been extremely touch-and-go if I can make all the artifacts during the event via the grand prizes, and to get a fully leveled building, I'm relying on the upgrade from the event surprise box. The sole exception thus far being for the Forge Bowl event, where I made all the required artifacts even without the league bonus ones (...though I missed the 2nd copy of the Lv1 Terracotta Vineyard by about 30yrds, but then, it's a crappy building anyways so who really cares?!;))

I'd expect that this Sorc's event will be no different; if you play actively, AND, focus only on grand prize efficiency, then you should be able to make 1 full set w/out spending any dias, OR, relying on the league reward/s.

Gladiola

Just a thought, but if the leagues are based on percentages of participating players, we could all create 10 extra accounts to do especially badly in the event. Then at minimum we'd all be in the top 10 percent with our real accounts.

Would those accounts then be considered push accounts? They would not interact with the main accounts in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.