• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladiola

In my chapter 4 city, I have no trouble doing 7 provinces to six stars for 1890 points (because I only have 7 provinces of each type cleared, working on 8 soon) and going to the top of the Spire. Even though I slowed way down on producing CCs, I have way more CCs than spell fragments (currently 52 CCs vs. literally before I started Spire today I had 3 (not 3k, just 3) spell fragments).

I do lean toward those recipes that require spell fragments and not CCs. A whole bunch of my fragments this week have gone toward crafting those 1650 fragment pet foods. In one crafting round today I got one of those recipes plus a rune fragment/spell fragment AW KP recipe. Neither use CCs but both use fragments. (I now have 27 pet food and will be placing my first pet, a fire phoenix, soon.)

I think people with excess spell fragments have at least one Moonstone library set, which I don't yet.

As for diamonds, I can see where people get to be swimming in diamonds. I've been getting reasonable numbers from the Spire, and while I still have some things I want to spend them on (anytime a 2019 phoenix artifact comes up when I don't have enough blueprints, or maybe upgrading my builders hut), I can foresee a time when I will have diamonds aplenty.

I have pretty good luck getting the UUU and MMM buildings. I usually get one or two a week. I'm not using them yet, so hopefully like Pet Food I'll acquire a stash of them I can use later when I need them. I haven't seen an ELR ever. Are we sure they still exist?

The Unbeliever

In my chapter 4 city, I have no trouble doing 7 provinces to six stars for 1890 points (because I only have 7 provinces of each type cleared, working on 8 soon) and going to the top of the Spire. Even though I slowed way down on producing CCs, I have way more CCs than spell fragments (currently 52 CCs vs. literally before I started Spire today I had 3 (not 3k, just 3) spell fragments).

I do lean toward those recipes that require spell fragments and not CCs. A whole bunch of my fragments this week have gone toward crafting those 1650 fragment pet foods. In one crafting round today I got one of those recipes plus a rune fragment/spell fragment AW KP recipe. Neither use CCs but both use fragments. (I now have 27 pet food and will be placing my first pet, a fire phoenix, soon.)

I think people with excess spell fragments have at least one Moonstone library set, which I don't yet.
Moonstone Libby's don't actually give you more than pennies worth of spell frags - only about 520'ish/day. You will earn far, far more even just doing Lv1 of the Spire on a weekly basis, since the amount of worth while crafting one can do is down entirely to RNGesus. ;)
(unless of course you have a field of 5-6+ Moonstone Libraries w/full set bonus, since each Endless Scroll only yields 75 total frags!)

Multiple times, I have gone 3-4 days with literally nothing worth crafting beyond a few relic recipes and maybe a pet food... everything else is just useless KP instants (of which I get more than I can use just from being in a 10 chest fellowship), coin/supply instants (if you actually need those outside of an event quest, then your city is at fault & not the game!), and/or portal profits, broken shards & crappy Unicorns/Flower Cage decos.

In fact, at the moment I'm now on day 3 and counting without seeing a single troop booster show up! >.<

As for diamonds, I can see where people get to be swimming in diamonds. I've been getting reasonable numbers from the Spire, and while I still have some things I want to spend them on (anytime a 2019 phoenix artifact comes up when I don't have enough blueprints, or maybe upgrading my builders hut), I can foresee a time when I will have diamonds aplenty.
Get into a Gold Spire fellowship & finish the 3rd floor on a regular basis and you'll never focus on the mystical object dias ever again... it'll be a nice bonus the odd time it happens, but between the weekly payouts + the odd Genie you win, your diamond farming will be linked entirely to the Spire.
(...seriously, I cannot for the life of me believe they haven't nerfed this in to the ground yet!)

I have pretty good luck getting the UUU and MMM buildings. I usually get one or two a week. I'm not using them yet, so hopefully like Pet Food I'll acquire a stash of them I can use later when I need them. I haven't seen an ELR ever. Are we sure they still exist?
Yes the Enlightened Light Range exists... it just all depends on how much the RNG either loves, (or more likely!), hates you. :p

Gladiola

I'm trying to encourage my bronze spire fellowship to aspire to silver, as a first step. I'm one of the smallest active players and hopefully seeing me top the Spire will help. I also announce loudly in fellowship chat anytime I get diamonds from the Spire bosses. Hopefully it is not too tiresome for them. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Moonstone Libby's don't actually give you more than pennies worth of spell frags - only about 520'ish/day. You will earn far, far more even just doing Lv1 of the Spire on a weekly basis
It's actually pretty close.
level 1 spire on average = 4,950 SF (I did it in my head pre-coffee so the numbers are a little suspect)
= 700 per day

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Get into a Gold Spire fellowship & finish the 3rd floor on a regular basis and you'll never focus on the mystical object dias ever again... it'll be a nice bonus the odd time it happens, but between the weekly payouts + the odd Genie you win, your diamond farming will be linked entirely to the Spire.
I get more diamonds out of the mystical object than out of the spire. But then, I craft a lot because I want to win diamonds. You dont craft a lot so your diamond wins in the MA are probably pretty low.

Multiple times, I have gone 3-4 days with literally nothing worth crafting
I craft 3-4 items in every rotation because what I am crafting is not the point, the mystical object and the chance at 500 diamonds in every other chest is the point.

DeletedUser26243

Th
@nativedeer Ascended Goods are unlocked in chapter 18 and beyond. They are based on your boosted goods plus 2. They are made in manufactories of level 32 and above. So for example my boost is marble. My sentient good boost will be platinum (made in steel factories) and my ascended goods boost will be scholarly sprouts (made in planks factories).
Thanks chap 18 got a ways to go but will know what the ascended goods r my boost is planks in T1 then moonstone I think is my sediment not there yet

The Unbeliever

I get more diamonds out of the mystical object than out of the spire. But then, I craft a lot because I want to win diamonds. You dont craft a lot so your diamond wins in the MA are probably pretty low.

I craft 3-4 items in every rotation because what I am crafting is not the point, the mystical object and the chance at 500 diamonds in every other chest is the point.
I'd much rather go with our 100% guaranteed 2000-2500+ dias/week we farm from the Spire vs. the odd 500 dia pay out whenever the RNG is perhaps feeling generous.

We never win the dias from the crafting, but we *do* win lots and lots of kp instants & blue flames/winter lampions though. <.<
Out of my last 30+ chests I've opened, I've won the 500 dias exactly once. That's beyond crap. (and dad's luck is even worse...)

Iyapo1

Out of my last 30+ chests I've opened, I've won the 500 dias exactly once. That's beyond crap. (and dad's luck is even worse...
That is RNG hell...or reduced odds. Would you mind sharing the odds in your chests? Maybe they go down at some point.

Edit to add: I only have 3 cities. All 3 on diamond chests two @20% for diamonds and one @30% for diamonds.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

That is RNG hell...or reduced odds. Would you mind sharing the odds in your chests? Maybe they go down at some point.

Edit to add: I only have 3 cities. All 3 on diamond chests two @20% for diamonds and one @30% for diamonds.
The odds are the same for everyone.
RNG systems are just notoriously wonky... again, never look at it as a 20-30% odd of winning diamonds, but rather 70-80% odds of NOT winning diamonds! Makes more sense that way. :p

Mind, as horriawful as Elvenar's RNG tends to be, anyone who's ever played pre-Awakening Fire Emblem games knows there's much, much, MUCH worse RNG nightmares.

Gladiola

With regard to Elvenar's RNG, I have observed a suspiciously high number of instances when I receive the same reward twice or occasionally three times in a row from neighborhood help chests. Of course, this would occur randomly from time to time (there is a one in 13 chance of receiving the same prize twice in a row if the events are completely independent and the odds of receiving 1 of 9 relics, 1 KP or 1 of 3 spells are equal), but it seems to me to happen more frequently than that. I don't know if it is lag and the same prize is generated twice by a browser-side mechanic or what. Or it could just be my human brain attempting to see patterns.

The Unbeliever

With regard to Elvenar's RNG, I have observed a suspiciously high number of instances when I receive the same reward twice or occasionally three times in a row from neighborhood help chests. Of course, this would occur randomly from time to time (there is a one in 13 chance of receiving the same prize twice in a row if the events are completely independent and the odds of receiving 1 of 9 relics, 1 KP or 1 of 3 spells are equal), but it seems to me to happen more frequently than that. I don't know if it is lag and the same prize is generated twice by a browser-side mechanic or what. Or it could just be my human brain attempting to see patterns.
The gakky RNG is most apparent when you play multiple cities...

Dad for example plays in 5 worlds, and likes to do his Spire all at once, in order to keep his fire chickens all timed together.
It's very common that if for example, the first city he does goes say; spell frags, spell frags, 2hr instant, teleport spell for the initial 4 encounters, his subsequint cities will almost perfectly mirror that first city.
(...one city might get the 15 dias vs. the teleport for example, while another one may get the 3x CC's vs. the 500 spell frags, but generally on average at least 60-70% or more of the rewards will be identical across all 5 cities.)

Now, if say he dos his Spire run at 10am, but I myself wait until say 2pm or so, I will typically win a markedly different slew of prizes vs. what he pulled.

It's similar on FoE as well - if I do both my cities Guild Expedition runs back-to-back to each other, I'll get fairly similar prize results. But the more I stagger them apart, the more likely the prizes won will be wildly different across each city.

Socrates28

In attempting to address the RNG from a non-programmer point of view, is it possible that the RNG does not actually run independently for every instance where its output would be required, but runs only a few times an hour (for example) where all the calls for it's data would then "read" from that "existing" list of values?
Just guessing on my part, but it would cover the data presented so far.
It might be interesting to see if several people coordinated the time they did the Spire and then compare the results of their runs.

Guurt The Destroyer

I wish it worked like that. If it did you could manipulate the RNG to your advantage. There are lots of times when I do the same thing multiple times within a one minute window but get different out comes. If new instances of the RNG weren't being called you could manipulate the out come by either pausing to do another task to wait for a new RNG instance, or by quickly doing all your tasks when a favorable RNG outcome was present. It doesn't work like that because if it did everyone would be talking about it. What is more likely is the RNG is just fine, but like every game in existence there is a thread where people complain about the RNG because they would prefer they had have better luck.

Dew Spinner

@Guurt The Destroyer if it did exist, then sensible people would not talk about it except in very hushed tones to avoid anyone noticing it. But I take your point. ;)
Apparently, you don't know this forum! The last event everyone was talking about the Lava Egg and Inno moved it to another day, to screw everyone over! So, things are not discussed in hush tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.