• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Source? I counted out 6 weeks of Artifacts through the remainder of the year. Live realms ought to have more time, and Beta ought to be due another week - doesn't mean they'll get it.
Ugh, did i get up too early? Lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Source? I counted out 6 weeks of Artifacts through the remainder of the year. Live realms ought to have more time, and Beta ought to be due another week - doesn't mean they'll get it.
Ugh, did i get up too early? Lol

Yes, we still have two more weeks for Bear artifacts on the Live servers. They were added to the Spire on Sunday, May 30. Beta would have gotten six weeks of the artifact if they had not screwed up and put the Library set back in for a week, a week that should have been Bear artifacts. And instead of shifting their schedule by a week to make up for it, they gave Beta only five weeks for it. There is supposed to be that two-week lag between Beta and Live for the artifact rotation.

TalimSwift

But inno found a way to monetize artifacts so I don't think there will be any change.

Actually, that's a bit wrong. Try spending money to get a partially evolved building to level 10... Impossible. You either get lucky, or you dont and that's the end of it. Even if you use the argument about the recipes for crafting some of the artifacts, you are still at luck's mercy. You can easily go a full week without seeing that recipe show up, and of course, maybe the particular one that shows up (say for instance a phoenix one, but yours are already at 10) is useless to you, so having that show up is like having nothing show up.
Last remaining possibility, reroll recipes at 50 diamonds a try. And waht a waste that is, since, again, you are totally gambling, without even knowing the odds. How often does an artifact recipe show up? 1 in 20, 1 in 100, 1 in 1000? who knows?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Actually, that's a bit wrong. Try spending money to get a partially evolved building to level 10... Impossible. You either get lucky, or you dont and that's the end of it.
My statement is correct. There is a way to buy artifacts. Sure, it requires luck, but with unlimited $ you get unlimited attempts and you will get it.

That's the core principle behind "dirty" F2P games.
1. Offer prizes.
2. Introduce a significant element of luck.
3. Offer cash methods to overcome bad luck.
3.b (optional) make those cash methods also luck-based
4. profit.

The Unbeliever

My statement is correct. There is a way to buy artifacts. Sure, it requires luck, but with unlimited $ you get unlimited attempts and you will get it.

That's the core principle behind "dirty" F2P games.
1. Offer prizes.
2. Introduce a significant element of luck.
3. Offer cash methods to overcome bad luck.
3.b (optional) make those cash methods also luck-based
4. profit.
Honestly, for me that's not dirty - that's just separating an impatient & hugely impulsive person from their money, which is something that literally every single non-essential business practices...

Sure, you *can* spend money to try and 'fast-track' your way to a Lv10 Red Chocbo for example.
OR
You can exercise some basic patience and just wait out the RNG, because it will eventually give up what you want.

I always got a good laugh for example outa the kids who broke their $50-70 Game Boy Advance/Gamecube game carts because they made constant use of RNG glitches to 'fix' the drop rates for rare enemy drops...
On the other hand, I still have working NES & SNES game carts because I didn't abuse any glitches. :p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Honestly, for me that's not dirty - that's just separating an impatient & hugely impulsive person from their money, which is something that literally every single non-essential business practices...
It is dirty.
"Clean" F2P models only charge for making things more convenient or better looking like Path of Exile.

Sure, you *can* spend money to try and 'fast-track' your way to a Lv10 Red Chocbo for example.
OR
You can exercise some basic patience and just wait out the RNG, because it will eventually give up what you want.
What are you talking about? How exactly does one "wait out" the RNG for the final Pilgrim set piece?

TalimSwift

Well ok then, i guess technically you're right, i was not counting the fact that some people may want to actually take that risky and probably stupid bet to reroll over and over until they get them... Just the recipe costs 900 diamonds when it shows up, so thats not so bad, but like i said, not knowing the odds of rerolls doesnt make that attractive to me at all.
And besides, I dont understand this way of thinking from the devs, its like they're counting on mass stupidity to make money. So what if we ALL get the 9 damn artifacts? you cant really abuse those things because you can only get as many as 9x the amount of buildings you have that are completely unevolved, in other words, ONE, since anyone who has 2 buildings of any type automatically has a fully evolved one and an incomplete second (or 3rd or 4th or whatever)
The abuse will come at event time, not at artifact chasing to finally complete the building. And since chasing is involved, why not just sell them. I bet you that most people have not even thought about the reroll option, but put the purple thingies in a real money shop, they'll buy them 100% guaranteed. In other words, a LOT of people would pay money NOT to play the Spire LOL

The Unbeliever

It is dirty.
"Clean" F2P models only charge for making things more convenient or better looking like Path of Exile.

What are you talking about? How exactly does one "wait out" the RNG for the final Pilgrim set piece?
Just be patient and eventually the RNG will spit out the stuff you want in crafting.

Granted it's (currently) impossible to wait out the RNG for this event set, but that's far less a case of a crooked RNG, and rather just INNO being a bunch of clueless idiots who can't do basic math. ;)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
GOOD NEWS FROM BETA!
Evolution Buildings will soon be able to be teleported into storage!!
1f618.png
1f642.png

The discussion thread is here:
Apparently, from comments that Timon the previous game designer made a while ago, there may be little difference between the technical issues that previously prevented storage of Evolving Buildings, and Ancient Wonders - so now they have solved the one, it would be great if they did the Wonders too!!

208303110_10219459837427229_820282890376573754_n.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Quite suprised, not that long ago Timon explained the way they managed wonder / evolution buildings stats was too screwed up to make it work.
Now they managed to do it, if this was 2 years later it would make sense, but this short after?

Happy it's there and now we want wonders too because according to timon it had the same storage screwup issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.