• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIM20

Well, the cool down on new members contributing should have quite an effect on those fellowships that are rotating other people through to pad their spire scores. lol
True.
____________________________________________​
Cool down? I have not read anything about that. I missed it somewhere. More info please?
From beta announcement thread:
To ensure this brand new feature maintains fairness in the game, we have also implemented measures to prevent exploitations.
New Fellows will experience a brief cooldown before being able to participate in the Fellowship's activities due to this.
They've already commented that new fellows can't give NH for 24 hours, and apparently the pause in Tourney/Spire is just until the next one starts from whenever you join, so if you join on a Saturday evening on US servers, I guess you'd be okay.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They've already commented that new fellows can't give NH for 24 hours, and apparently the pause in Tourney/Spire is just until the next one starts from whenever you join, so if you join on a Saturday evening on US servers, I guess you'd be okay.

I just wonder if they are going to shift the start time for the Spire because of this, because as of right now that means you can only switch fellowships between 4pm Eastern on Saturday when the tournament ends and 10am Eastern Sunday morning when the Spire starts to be able to benefit from everything.

Basically, this will be like the FA. If you are not in a fellowship at the time the tournament or Spire starts, you cannot participate in the team part of it. Those of us on Beta will be able to tell more on Sunday when the next Spire starts, and Tuesday for tournament, to see how this is set up.

Grid Gypsy

Basically, this will be like the FA. If you are not in a fellowship at the time the tournament or Spire starts, you cannot participate in the team part of it. Those of us on Beta will be able to tell more on Sunday when the next Spire starts, and Tuesday for tournament, to see how this is set up.

Our fellowship has always gained any members coming from another FS directly after tourney anyway, so I can't say I personally have a problem with this. Typically, they'll email ahead of time, sometimes by several days, to test the waters and then jump once they've gotten their rewards.

And thanks for fielding @Iyapo1's question, @OIM20, helpful as always. :)

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Water almost shot out of my nose when I choked on this part of the new Beta Fellowship Perks video. It's cute he doesn't read the forums...:D:D
beta1.jpg

beta2.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Cool down? I have not read anything about that. I missed it somewhere. More info please?

It is in my post above:
To ensure this brand new feature maintains fairness in the game, we have also implemented measures to prevent exploitations.
New Fellows will experience a brief cooldown before being able to participate in the Fellowship's activities due to this.

OIM20

I just noticed this new addition to the catering screen in the Spire on Beta with the mobile app. I play on my iPad and noticed the feature doesn’t look available for browser when I went on my laptop. Apparently, this feature is part of the new update as it is showing in my live world in the mobile app. Can anyone from Beta fully explain the use of this feature please?

View attachment 10693
Also showing in the live version is something LadyGoGo in my Elcysandir FS noticed: "Sip of Clarity" in the MA:
MA Sip of Clarity.jpg

Anybody know anything about it?

mikeledo

The FS progression is another way to control how we play. INNO is attempting to herd cats into playing as the game was designed and discourages work around. I play in three highly ranked FS and no one rotates in players to reach the spire. In fact, it is tough to get quality players who are willing to jump ship.

OIM20

INNO is attempting to herd cats into playing as the game was designed and discourages work around.
I'm going to regret asking, but:

Is it possible that, by rotating players in and out to 'work around' the inability to reach gold for a week, that players have 'shot themselves in the foot' so to speak as far as getting Inno to re-evaulate the Spire's battle and catering metrics? I've read in the forums - and agreed with posts that have said - that our AW levels and our squad size upgrades have negatively impacted the redesigned battle mechanics. (Not a recent redesign, for those who are reading this but might not be familiar with the older threads.)

I'm not saying that they're the best at turn around on when they hear a complaint or suggestion, but I am trying to not jump directly into the negative end of the pool with both feet first (mind the bodies - it's thickly populated this end!) and - I guess - give them the benefit of the doubt on this until (if?) they prove me wrong.

Perhaps they are reacting to complaints - from players who see posts calling for someone to use their alt account to rotate in for the end of the Spire to push for gold. And perhaps those complaints have asked whether doing so with these accounts qualifies as the account being a "push account". I have absolutely no idea on that score. It could be a solution in search of a problem. *shrugs* Or it could be "conform or don't play" - but with the way the game allows varied styles of play, I'm not sure that last one is entirely accurate. Just with respect to group activities, I guess.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is it possible that, by rotating players in and out to 'work around' the inability to reach gold for a week, that players have 'shot themselves in the foot' so to speak as far as getting Inno to re-evaulate the Spire's battle and catering metrics?
There can't be that many FS doing this regularly though. I'm too lazy to check, but surely the 10 FS per server getting Gold Spire are mostly composed of the same players every week?
If inno didn't like fellowships having members coming in and out then a simple code change like the tournament to make points move with players solves it, as would an FA-like ban for players who join during the spire.
Coming up with fellowship perks to combat something so small doesn't make sense to me.
Perhaps they are reacting to complaints - from players who see posts calling for someone to use their alt account to rotate in for the end of the Spire to push for gold. And perhaps those complaints have asked whether doing so with these accounts qualifies as the account being a "push account".
It's an interesting theory. I've done that myself twice (recruited for last-minute spire) One of the two stuck around though and is now active on that server as a full-time part of our FS.

The thing is, inno doesn't react at all to 99% of real full-time push accounts whose verified only purpose is to push KP to main accounts, so them coming with such an elaborate way of discouraging such a tiny infraction seems... out of character.

The Unbeliever

I'm going to regret asking, but:

Is it possible that, by rotating players in and out to 'work around' the inability to reach gold for a week, that players have 'shot themselves in the foot' so to speak as far as getting Inno to re-evaulate the Spire's battle and catering metrics? I've read in the forums - and agreed with posts that have said - that our AW levels and our squad size upgrades have negatively impacted the redesigned battle mechanics. (Not a recent redesign, for those who are reading this but might not be familiar with the older threads.)

I'm not saying that they're the best at turn around on when they hear a complaint or suggestion, but I am trying to not jump directly into the negative end of the pool with both feet first (mind the bodies - it's thickly populated this end!) and - I guess - give them the benefit of the doubt on this until (if?) they prove me wrong.

Perhaps they are reacting to complaints - from players who see posts calling for someone to use their alt account to rotate in for the end of the Spire to push for gold. And perhaps those complaints have asked whether doing so with these accounts qualifies as the account being a "push account". I have absolutely no idea on that score. It could be a solution in search of a problem. *shrugs* Or it could be "conform or don't play" - but with the way the game allows varied styles of play, I'm not sure that last one is entirely accurate. Just with respect to group activities, I guess.
You're giving them far too much credit.
Simple answer is that devs are really just a bunch of clueless muppets who don't play their own game and have 0 clue as to how anything actually works in-game.

Doesn't matter how many actual facts & real evidence we present them to show why their choices/changes are gak-awful and have all but destroyed the game play, they'll just happily continue to play ostrich and bury their heads in sand while the blind geriatric bus driver sends them flying off the cliff!:p
Given for example just how insane the exponential growth of he Tournament/Spire formula is, in a couple more chapters it'll likely become all but impossible for end game players to maintain both Spire & Tournament play beyond minimum levels... or else end game players will be forced to nuke most of their AW's, AND, place 0 new expansions going forwards to at least give themselves a small break.

I've honestly NEVER seen a game as bass akwards as Elvenar has become, where advancing is actually hugely detrimental vs. just finding a sweet spot and camping out for ever more!

Status
Not open for further replies.