• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29768

Actually, @Deborah M, you are correct; that is a part of the upcoming fellowship progression feature. In the new system, fellowships win XP by playing the spire, tournament, and giving neighborly help. These XP are then used to level up FS perks. For the spire, as far as I know, rewards are given simply by playing; I don't think there's any ranking involved. That's what that icon is there for.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think those are just a kind of trophy similar to the bronze, silver, and gold medallions we already win every week. I think the perks are something entirely different which are not in live world cities yet.

Yep, just more useless trophies on the info tab for the fellowship. Once the Perks are added, they will have their own separate tab and only Mages and AMs will be able to do anything with them.

The Unbeliever

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say probably at least 6-8 weeks worth of beta testing before the perks come to live servers...

And knowing by their past actions with big changes, I'd also be willing to put solid money on the eruo or german servers getting it as a 'limited live test' style release, similar to what they just did with the tournament relic changes.

Inno is nothing if not predictable. ;)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So far as 'perks' go.
There is little information available, we have been running on trial and error.

There is a KP feature that will likely cause another upheaval period for fellowships, which haven't really settled down in the wake of Spire performance as yet. As in each FS member will receive some KPs that can only be spent on other fellows, and they expire. I suspect the Devs think this will foster cooperation but, like all their gifts to us they come at a cost, in terms of harmony and stability.

There are tourney and Spire point archives, that bank overflow for future use. It's trial and error at this point; some FSs will be viewing their previously banked Spire points tomorrow morning. It's a good idea, but we have been asking for a report, if only internal, of members' Spire performance for quite some while now.

There is a time extension on neighborly help, with various limitations. No feedback yet that I have read on those who've rolled out this feature.

Valtitude

This definitely effects my FS. I frequently use alts when a member goes dark. Since the beginning of the Delta surge, I had 4 senior members go dark with no warning. I usually wait until Friday morning to bring in an alt, if needed, to get us to gold in the spire. Now I have to be more aggressive about dropping inactive members and bringing in the substitute. Similarly, when we are in recruiting mode, I leave slot 25 open and only bring in the alt if needed for the gold.

Where do you get your alts - alternate players? Friends and associates in less active FSs, I'm guessing.

May be imagining this, thought there was a lag time for players joining a FS during spire or tournaments. I can see benefit before spire, tournaments begins ...

Good for you. Creative thinking.

Zebruh

There is a KP feature that will likely cause another upheaval period for fellowships, which haven't really settled down in the wake of Spire performance as yet. As in each FS member will receive some KPs that can only be spent on other fellows, and they expire. I suspect the Devs think this will foster cooperation but, like all their gifts to us they come at a cost, in terms of harmony and stability.

I took a glance at the Beta forum talking about this feature. I don't understand their issue here. I'm also a mobile user, so maybe my experience is different. But will this simply not be as easy as providing Neighborly Help? On mobile, when I view the list of people in my FS, there is a button for both Neighborly Help and AW Help right next to each other. I can imagine spending the 5KP for each person could simply be click the AW Help Button, click their Favorite AW, click the 5KP. Rinse and repeat for each member and make sure people are aware that their favorite will be targeted for this. Where is the problem here? This isn't an attack on your opinion, I'm simply trying to understand the upheaval reasoning.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Where is the problem here?
The need for complex tracking in order to ensure an even distribution is what the Beta players are railing against.
25 players each getting a 1-10 KP reward for logging in that they must spend on another FS member within 24h or forfeit that reward.
How do you keep it fair?
KP swap thread in messages? What about the KP from reward chests?
Spreadsheets?
Round-robin?
All possible swap systems have significant downsides mostly administrative work and that's the whole problem. The need to track KP and keep things fair has been basically solved with the Net0 system that some FS have adopted and this is going to be a big step backwards.

Iyapo1

The need to track KP and keep things fair has been basically solved with the Net0 system that some FS have adopted and this is going to be a big step backwards.
Sorry Soggy please clarify further. I get 1-10 KP reward for logging in that I have to spend on someone else's wonder in 24 hours. Cant you just combine it with however many kp you need to fill a chest?

SoggyShorts

Cant you just combine it with however many kp you need to fill a chest?
Sure, but even very active Fellowships who upgrade wonders a lot only have a few chests available each day- almost never 25 different chests, and almost certainly not when you need it to dump your expiring perk kp. Also once you get Kp perk 6+ you can't use the 5 KP chest so there's one fewer that you can use on every single wonder

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Sure, but even very active Fellowships who upgrade wonders a lot only have a few chests available each day- almost never 25 different chests, and almost certainly not when you need it to dump your expiring perk kp. Also once you get Kp perk 6+ you can't use the 5 KP chest so there's one fewer that you can use on every single wonder
If it is free KPs which expire daily, would it not be better to use them anyway even if there are no chests available anywhere in the FS?

Huor

In the round robin in my fellowship we donate to each player in turn that wants to be part of the AW crowd sourcing. We donate up to 300 points or a completed AW whichever comes first and move to the next player. We don't think in terms of chests. Returns are the up to 300 points or a completed AW you get when your time comes around. Returns I get from chests just get dumped back into the next player on the list. I suspect this is also true for the other players in the round robin. I like the idea of free KP each day that needs to be donated to another player. That moves the round robin just that much faster!

SoggyShorts

If it is free KPs which expire daily, would it not be better to use them anyway even if there are no chests available anywhere in the FS?
Certainly, that's why a system for doing so fairly is needed (for fellowships that want a fair distribution)
In the round robin in my fellowship we donate to each player in turn that wants to be part of the AW crowd sourcing. We donate up to 300 points or a completed AW whichever comes first and move to the next player. We don't think in terms of chests.
No set minimum per player, no tracking of who gave/got how many, Some get a profit off chests, some don't?
I couldn't handle it. I'd either feel guilty or ripped off all the time. :oops:

OIM20

For those who might not be familiar: About the Net Zero KP Swap Method.

I don't like that it seems the devs are forcing players who use that method to not use it or give up the free KP. Or, as I think someone suggested, designate a "dump wonder" and do a round-robin so that each player's DW gets filled in by the free KP. (That's how I understood what someone said, anyway. Can't remember which thread and I'm in the middle of something else, atm, so not able to take time to look it up.)

"So everybody build a Tome of Secrets. We'll fill up each one until the chests are taken. Then those people put their free KP into that same one every day. When we've filled one and the reward chests have been distributed, sell your ToS and rebuild. This way we're not upsetting Net0 in the real wonders and everybody's getting KP they can use wherever." <- How I envision this conversation eventually playing out in an FS with Net0.

Killy-

Just find a partner for your perk kps and put them on top of the top chest of a wonder. Chose a wonder that you don't want to upgrade soon and the extra kps aren't too much work.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
"So everybody build a Tome of Secrets. We'll fill up each one until the chests are taken. Then those people put their free KP into that same one every day. When we've filled one and the reward chests have been distributed, sell your ToS and rebuild. This way we're not upsetting Net0 in the real wonders and everybody's getting KP they can use wherever." <- How I envision this conversation eventually playing out in an FS with Net0.

That sounds like a complete waste of kp? At least to me it is waste of kp to fill kp in a wonder just to sell it:(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can't find the thread where this was asked about, maybe by @Henroo ?, but anyway, the event conversion recipe of 2 Red Panda for 1 old Bear has now ended on Beta, so it should be around for another week or two, at the most, on all the Live servers.

SoggyShorts

You've greatly misunderstood something.

In order to not upset the net zero system there are a few ideas, but none of them are even remotely what you are suggesting (which amounts to simply trashing the KP :oops: )

E.G.
players could pair up and each designates a wonder for the Perk KP. Once that wonder is about 1/2 full add it to the Net0 swap like normal.
or
players could all dump into one big designated wonder that requires 1,000+ KP. When full the wonder owner could pay each player back into the wonder of their choice (only works if the wonder owner has 1,000+ KP instants in the bank) Not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.