• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

So, any deets on the current/upcoming event, especially buildings? Anything particularly useful or pretty?

(Sets out a plate of grilled cheese sandwiches for @helya)
Nothing really of note for Halloween... the new evo building is more of the same - if you've got a Lv.10 Triumph of Tides you'll laugh with disdain at the Witch Circle or whatever the hell the new evo building is called. :p
There's IIRC 1 new mana/seed building of the 4 new ones being offered this year, but again, it's not exactly blowing expectations out of the water... everything else in the dailies is the stuff that was introduced last year, (ie: Pumpkin Patch, Gargoyle Fountain, Scare Carriage, Mausoleum Wedding, etc...), or else there's the occasional older building including IIRC, Frankensplien and then of course 1-2 unit instants, etc... days.

All that said, if you're needing Orks production, then there's a couple gems in this event with both the Scare Carriage + Mausoleum Wedding buildings. They're not nearly as good as Ork Nests or the Ork Ships from the older Air Traders event, but they're far better than what an Armory will produce on a daily basis. (smaller size, more boyz per day & no pop/culture drain)

The event *should* start if I had to guess, sometime between the 26th - 28th.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@OIM20 ranking points are calculated from:
* Amount of culture and pop a building use
* Amount of kp invested in a wonder
* Map provinces
*Some wonders give additional ranking points

I have never paid much attention to ranking points but instead focused on tourney ranking, spire ranking, FA ranking...

OIM20

@The Fairy - yes. But The statement was that event buildings should give ranking points. So it would be a change to the system. That being the case, I was trying to determine a method for calculating a score for event buildings. If players are wanting those buildings to count towards their scores because, as @SoggyShorts said, the cities using more efficient buildings have more power but lower scores, then presenting a formula to the devs with a suggestion would likely be the quickest route to seeing such a thing implemented. Leaving everything up to them doesn't seem to get the results that people want, going by the comments in the forum most of the time - and in this thread more often than others.

The Unbeliever

On the other hand, as pointless as the ranking pts system is here, it's still no where near the levels of utterly bone-headed insanity that FoE's ranking system is, so 'yay' I guess?! ;) :p

As for the next event, looks like we're not waiting as long as beta did after the FA and it'll start on Tuesday. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Inno would be kicking themselves in the teeth to add ranking to event buildings. They very much want players to replace event buildings with new event buildings. They already cheapened event buildings with the RR spells. They really want and need players to spend real $$ on events so they do not really want players holding on to old event buildings forever. I think I can assure you that if event buildings came with ranking then top ranking players would gain and hold onto only the highest ranking ones. I'm thinking then the Devs would have to keep raising the ranking value on event buildings to get a bunch of players to keep playing the events. The other thing is that I really don't want to see another exodus of top ranking players because the Devs take away yet another thing that they value. Top ranking players generally worked hard and spent a lot to get to those rankings. Just because there is a mantra on the forum that ranking does not count does not make it true for a whole lot of other players.

TalimSwift

Tournament ranking is the only one that matters. City ranking is useless and even deceptive. I'm like 800th in C-world, and i score top25 to top40 every week in tournament... What does that say of the 799 players ranked above me (minus the 24 to 39 who did better in tourney than me)?
Having 56 maxed armories for score doesnt make your city better in ANY way

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Halloween Event starts at about 11:00 on Tuesday morning German CET time = 5:00 EST.
Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/yxyamkpy

245412519_10219963880988003_1432149065661019615_n.jpg

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Tournament ranking is the only one that matters.

Maybe the only one that matters to you but that does not in any way make it the only thing that matters to others. I frankly do not care about my tournament ranking. I chose this game to not be forced to battle so I refuse to put a whole lot of effort into the tournament. As long as my Fellowship gets 10 chests I am a happy camper! I just roll my eyes when I read posts like this :rolleyes: I do enjoy and have enjoyed being on page 1 of rankings for a long time. I can also tell you that I do enjoy being #3 on Elcy world :p Please do not knock what you have not accomplished. I can assure you that I have at least as much or more sense of satisfaction seeing the 3 next to the trophy symbol as you seem to get from seeing your tournament ranking for a couple of days at a time. FYI, I only have 8 Armories.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Awhile ago, my friend and I were looking at the top city on our server and he had like 25 crystal factories. We were confused like what the heck is going on in late chapter that requires this much goods?? She msged him to learn they were the highest points building for rank. Now armories are all the rage so he has like 30 armories to do 2k in tourney. Yay? None of it is sensical.

Nerwa

There's IIRC 1 new mana/seed building of the 4 new ones being offered this year, but again, it's not exactly blowing expectations out of the water... everything else in the dailies is the stuff that was introduced last year, (ie: Pumpkin Patch, Gargoyle Fountain, Scare Carriage, Mausoleum Wedding, etc...), or else there's the occasional older building including IIRC, Frankensplien and then of course 1-2 unit instants, etc... days.

Since I didn't start playing until this spring, all buildings are new to me. :)

All that said, if you're needing Orks production, then there's a couple gems in this event with both the Scare Carriage + Mausoleum Wedding buildings. They're not nearly as good as Ork Nests or the Ork Ships from the older Air Traders event, but they're far better than what an Armory will produce on a daily basis. (smaller size, more boyz per day & no pop/culture drain)

Thanks!

ETA: Any tips on using the new Daily Prize Re-roll feature to best advantage? I know that it has to be used before the next day "begins", but haven't seen any discussion on strategy.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Some players such as myself feel that a city's score should reflect that city's "power"
If one city uses super-efficient event buildings and makes 100,000 troops per day while another uses standard residences and culture buildings to make 90,000 troops per day the city making more troops is objectively more powerful yet they will rank lower under the current system.
I really think evolving buildings should add to city score. In almost every case, a fully evolved stage 10 building is worth placing on a square for square basis. They are simply that efficient. And it requires effort to do well enough in an event to get a fully evolved building. Yet a player who has put in the effort in multiple events and has placed multiple evolving buildings in their city to make it more efficient benefits nothing in terms of city score.

Status
Not open for further replies.