• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guurt The Destroyer

@OIM20:
We'd have actual game balance, so that early game players can actually fight on the world map, unlike currently where they're basically forced to cater everything because the battle system sucks!

I have been a fighting city since chapter 1. It isn't a problem at all. I don't know why you think early players can't be a fighting city.

I almost never cater a world map encounter.

The first few Spires I did I did some catering, but then I only catered the encounters that were too difficult, but by chapter 4 or 5 I was fighting 95% to 100% of the time.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Awhile ago, my friend and I were looking at the top city on our server and he had like 25 crystal factories. We were confused like what the heck is going on in late chapter that requires this much goods?? She msged him to learn they were the highest points building for rank. Now armories are all the rage so he has like 30 armories to do 2k in tourney. Yay? None of it is sensical.

This I agree with :) Crystal makes no sense with T3 having more ranking points. Anyway, I don’t even understand why some do this loading up on buildings that are beyond being useful and tie up so much space. I have no use for more than my 7 T1 and 6 T2 & T3. Even that is more than I need but I want enough surplus to supply other FS members. It’s always a given that next chapter will take around 20 expansions so may as well keep that space with disposable stuff.

SlimTim

Granted it's only anecdotal evidence, but with helping my dad do his Tournaments, and also occasionally when he askes my opinion on Spire fights, I've been noticing with his just beginning Ch.18 cities:
a) His troop production, despite having a Lv9-11+ Simia is NOT keeping up with the Training Ground/Merc Camp losses. The only reason his Barracks troops totals stay consistent, (rather than growing per say), is due to AW's like Bulwark, Temple of Toads, etc...

b) His cities are more and more dependent on boost buildings + Fire Phoenix to even fight.
Luckily he's been able to generally recoup the 3 crafting buildings per week in each city, and often times can pick up 2-3 extras as well. But it's very RNG reliant and all it will take is a couple poor weeks in a row and he'll soon run out of boost buildings.

c) In a couple of his cities, Dwarven Armorers have basically dried right right up. While I can help him maintain about 2.4-2.6k tourny pts per week, trying to burst through beyond that is basically impossible unless he drastically re-engineers his entire city to hyper focus on troop production by adding in 4-5 more armories.

d) If he gets too many 'auto-lose' fights in the Spire, especially on the 3rd floor, it basically eats up 1-2 weeks worth of goods production.
Again, too much RNG-screwing in a single week can set him back a month or more in terms of resources for researching/upgrading city buildings... this is absolutely asinine and a symptom of a completed broken system!

Now, if he didn't already have a substantial stock of boost buildings from when they came up more often during earlier events/quest lines, etc..., AND, if he wasn't so seemingly RNG-blessed in his crafting, my dad's Ch.18 cities would NOT be able to maintain Lv.3 Spire + Tournament play on a weekly basis.
The numbers are just too large, and the fact that the devs allow for impossible fights to happen is an absolute insult to basic human intelligence which further screws over the players. :mad: :mad: :mad:

THE. FORMULA. NEEDS. TO. BE. REWORKED!!!

DeletedUser29768

I was looking at ElvenArchitect, and I noticed they have the buildings up for the next two events. For the Winter Magic event, we have an evolving building that produces relics at higher stages (5 per day at Stage 10). There are three relic slots, so I would assume it gives three different types, but it's not clear which types. It appears to have a decent production level as well. As for the new dailies, there's nothing really notable; three hybrids and a trashy producer.

The next event (not 100% sure which one it is, but it looks like sorcerers) has three buildings that produce T3 goods at an awesome rate, way better than unboosted manufactories. That should be interesting.

Anyway, there you have it: what you can look forward to (or dread!) in the next couple of events.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

I was looking at ElvenArchitect, and I noticed they have the buildings up for the next two events. For the Winter Magic event, we have an evolving building that produces relics at higher stages (5 per day at Stage 10). There are three relic slots, so I would assume it gives three different types, but it's not clear which types. It appears to have a decent production level as well. As for the new dailies, there's nothing really notable; three hybrids and a trashy producer.

The next event (not 100% sure which one it is, but it looks like sorcerers) has three buildings that produce T3 goods at an awesome rate, way better than manufactories. That should be interesting.

Anyway, there you have it: what you can look forward to (or dread!) in the next couple of events.
Unless they're adding in a new event for Jan, the next events will likely be:
1) end Nov - Dec = Winter event (shuffle board format)
2) Feb = Carnival (brain-dead 3 rotating chests)
3) late/end Mar - April = Spring Phoenix (brain-dead 3 rotating chests)

Sorc themed event has been the June event the past couple years...
Perhaps if they're throwing a new event into the mix, it'll be another sports themed to mirror the Forge Bowl event? Wizards riding dragons in a "not Quiddich but also with 1000% more fire!" would fit Elvenar's fantasy themes?! ;):p
(...though I must say that, my personal preference would be for Orks using weedy Grots to play some good 'ol fashion grid-iron Punt-a-Runt!:D)

BrinDarby

@Henroo ,
in architect, build an event bldg, go to end page and
look for any bldgs that you didn't already know about.
then just look up the name..... for actuall stats.

DeletedUser29768

Unless they're adding in a new event for Jan, the next events will likely be:
1) end Nov - Dec = Winter event (shuffle board format)
2) Feb = Carnival (brain-dead 3 rotating chests)
3) late/end Mar - April = Spring Phoenix (brain-dead 3 rotating chests)

Sorc themed event has been the June event the past couple years...
Yeah, I know, so at first I thought it was the Elvarian Carnival, but it didn't seem to match. First, there's the fact that there's no evolving building, only multiple valuable smaller buildings, and second, one of the buildings is called "Sorcerers Feast," which suggested the sorcerer event to me. I could well be wrong though; we'll just have to see.
What are the names of the buildings? I would not mind looking them up. Or if there is some other way to find them other than looking them up by name, let me know.
In ElvenArchitect, you can go to "All Buildings" (under "Buildings" at the top) and scroll to the bottom to see the newest buildings. Or, as @BrinDarby pointed out, you can click "Build," go to the events tab, and skip to the end. For those who can't get on ElvenArchitect (or don't know how to navigate it), here's a list of the new buildings:
Winter: Sled Tunnel Network, Frostberry Bar, Snowball Hut, Magical Supply Station, Boblin's Express Service (evolving).
Spring: Forbidden Ruins, Mystical Dreams, Magic Dragon Tamer, Secluded Pond, Sorcerers Feast, Enchanted Crops.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

Yeah, I know, so at first I thought it was the Elvarian Carnival, but it didn't seem to match. First, there's the fact that there's no evolving building, only multiple valuable smaller buildings, and second, one of the buildings is called "Sorcerers Feast," which suggested the sorcerer event to me. I could well be wrong though; we'll just have to see.

In ElvenArchitect, you can go to "All Buildings" (under "Buildings" at the top) and scroll to the bottom to see the newest buildings. Or, as @BrinDarby pointed out, you can click "Build," go to the events tab, and skip to the end. For those who can't get on ElvenArchitect (or don't know how to navigate it), here's a list of the new buildings:
Winter: Sled Tunnel Network, Frostberry Bar, Snowball Hut, Magical Supply Station, Boblin's Express Service (evolving).
Spring: Forbidden Ruins, Mystical Dreams, Magic Dragon Tamer, Secluded Pond, Sorcerers Feast, Enchanted Crops.
Those 'Sorcerer' buildings with the add-on "enchanted crops" are giving me inklings that perhaps the devs *are* changing up the lame as gak Carnival event and perhaps going to port over an Elvenar version of the St. Paddy's themed event?!

A girl can only dream. ;):p

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Changes to FA starting in Beta
I will post full details here, later today!!
FROM MARINDOR COMMUNITY MANAGER: New: Reward Selection Kit
Dear Humans and Elves,
In the Fellowship Adventures round that will start today, you will be able to acquire a Reward Selection Kit instead of the usual Artifacts as a reward. With this kit you will be able to choose if you want to receive this year's Halloween Artifact (for the Witch Summoning Circle) or the one from last year (for the Witch's Hut). Mobile App version 1.140 will be needed to display everything properly.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

248583781_10220023851687233_4106945897250310691_n.jpg

Elivarian

Changes to FA starting in Beta
I will post full details here, later today!!
FROM MARINDOR COMMUNITY MANAGER: New: Reward Selection Kit
Dear Humans and Elves,
In the Fellowship Adventures round that will start today, you will be able to acquire a Reward Selection Kit instead of the usual Artifacts as a reward. With this kit you will be able to choose if you want to receive this year's Halloween Artifact (for the Witch Summoning Circle) or the one from last year (for the Witch's Hut). Mobile App version 1.140 will be needed to display everything properly.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

248583781_10220023851687233_4106945897250310691_n.jpg
That'll start the rumble, 25players agreeing on what artifact to chose ;-)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
248581043_10220024138574405_3368475202916922221_n.jpg

The Stage Prizes

Stage 1
  • 1 x Ancient Knowledge 15
  • Carting Library
  • 10 x Boosters 10 minutes
Stage 2
  • 2 x Ancient Knowledge 20
  • RSK/Tome of The Sprits (see below)
  • 15 x Boosters 30 minutes
Stage 3
  • Ferris Wheel Galore 2 x 3
  • RSK/Tome of The Sprits (see below)
  • 25 x Boosters 45 minutes

248738187_10220024149774685_2292843722015918208_n.jpg

Huor

That's pretty cool! So each player can choose which one they want. Hopefully the next FA they will have all the different artifacts or at least in groups of say 5 to choose from. That will perk the FA up a bit I bet.

DeletedUser29768

I like it! It seems significantly better than artifact conversions, since you don't have to lose extra WSC artifacts. (Also, pretty sure it's meant to be Tome of The Spirits? "Sprits" doesn't make any sense. ;))

sam767

Look at how ridiculous the newest Ascended goods are for trading! Sure, the 'system works', but it's more just purely frustrating vs. in any way challenging. It's so bad & it has slowed progress so much so that we're likely to only get 1 chapter this year vs. 2, simply because it takes too long & too much effort just to scrounge up the basics to progress through the research tree!
I'm only on p.37 of this thread so someone may have already mentioned this. I have one tech to go in CH18. Ascended goods were an issue early in the chapter. Once the buildings were built out, the chapter throttle is in the Gate of Dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.