• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

Is Beta in FA now?
Still the Xmas + New Year's holidays for a very large segment of the world...
Don't expect to see anything new until at least the 3rd or 4th of Jan.

Hopefully Beta will get the first event of 2022 rolling before the end of Jan. :rolleyes:
(...assuming the devs can get their act together and start the FA by the 11th of Jan, otherwise, it's going to be a boring as gak 6-8 weeks of nothing at all to kick things off.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Still the Xmas + New Year's holidays for a very large segment of the world...
Don't expect to see anything new until at least the 3rd or 4th of Jan.

Hopefully Beta will get the first event of 2022 rolling before the end of Jan. :rolleyes:
(...assuming the devs can get their act together and start the FA by the 11th of Jan, otherwise, it's going to be a boring as gak 6-8 weeks of nothing at all to kick things off.)

Beta FA should start on Thursday, Jan 6th and the FA for Live servers should start on Thursday, Jan 13th. These dates fit best with the schedule from the last couple of winters.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Is Beta in FA now?
Over the last few years, the FA that follows the Winter Event is always delayed until the Inno programmers come back from their annual leave. They do not like running a FA when the technical staff are out of office, in case something goes wrong. We are guessing there may be a FA first week in January in Beta, followed in the Live Worlds a week later - but that is only a guess, pending an official announcement.
:)

The Unbeliever

I'm not saying there's definitely no FA, but it's unlikely since there's an incoming event.
Oh please for the love of Grandfather Nurgle, let this be true!!:D:D

What are the odds we get super spoiled and get a new mini game mechanic ala St. Paddy's Day or Wildlife events?!
(...hey, a girl can dream, right?!)

its illogical not to have a FA without an announcement so
ppl can pay $$$$ if need be to make sure during the event
they get thier 9 artifacts.....
If people can not obtain 9 artifacts in the shuffleboard events, then it's because they simply didn't bother to play the whole event and they don't deserve a fully leveled building to begin with. :rolleyes:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
If people can not obtain 9 artifacts in the shuffleboard events, then it's because they simply didn't bother to play the whole event and they don't deserve a fully leveled building to begin with. :rolleyes:

Er...I've played the event fully and will finish all 99 quests (barring some unforeseen catastrophe between now and the end), never spent keys to refresh the board, used my doubles when possible to get extra gifts, and I'll still be about 6 gifts short of the final artefact unless I get lucky with key drops around the city for the remainder of the event.

Tehya1

If people can not obtain 9 artifacts in the shuffleboard events, then it's because they simply didn't bother to play the whole event and they don't deserve a fully leveled building to begin with
This is a curmudgeonly and flat wrong assessment. lol I will have 9 artifacts in the city that will least likely get to the 99th quest, and might be shy one or two in the two cities that will probably get to 99. If just doing all quests got everyone all of the artifacts that they need for event buildings, we wouldn't need fas or the tome of Spirits.

The Unbeliever

This is a curmudgeonly and flat wrong assessment. lol I will have 9 artifacts in the city that will least likely get to the 99th quest, and might be shy one or two in the two cities that will probably get to 99. If just doing all quests got everyone all of the artifacts that they need for event buildings, we wouldn't need fas or the tome of Spirits.
All my own cities will make 9 artifacts easily, as I maintain at least 24-26 incident collections/day. (no stash outpost btw)

The devs *do* factor in that players will need to be decently active in gathering up incidents, since those can easily accumulate for at least 1-2 grand prizes...
In this event format especially, across the what, 30 days of the event? It's not unreasonable to obtain 1 additional present just from the incidents drops. (and that's assuming you get skunked with 1's every single pick-up across the entire event!) On a 'really good' day, I'm pulling 35-37+ keys from incidents. On a 'poor' day, I'm still garnering 26-28 bonus keys.

Use your x2 bonus on the bonus present 'rewards' as often as you can, and it's all but impossible to not succeed in this event format.:p

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Use your x2 bonus on the bonus present 'rewards' as often as you can, and it's all but impossible to not succeed in this event format.:p
Another way to maximize presents is to stop playing a board as soon as you have found all the tiles with extra presents. There have been multiple days where I didn't care about the daily prize at all but I played the board anyway because a tile with either 3 or 4 bonus presents appeared. And then as soon as I found the space with the extra presents, I stopped.

Tehya1

This was my first postal key event, and I did pretty well, but I still might not get the last artifact. I suspect that is the case for the majority, which means that if we don't have an fa, there will be lots of bobins in storage. :(

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This was my first postal key event, and I did pretty well, but I still might not get the last artifact. I suspect that is the case for the majority, which means that if we don't have an fa, there will be lots of bobins in storage. :(
How many more presents do you need for the final artifact?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
40 in 2 cities, 20 in 1 city,
Oh, that is a lot more than what I thought! Getting 40 presents would take something like 800 keys. Could be a little more or a little less, depending on how close you are to the next 2x and depending on what how many bonus presents are offered. The 800 keys will guarantee 32 presents at 1 per box. You'd have to get the other 8 presents from 2x bonus and from boxes offereing extra presents.

Raccon

Before the Sorcerer's homecoming event you could secure all the necessary artifacts with ease if you did all quests non stop. From that Sorcerer's event on, the event design changed, no matter how hard you tried you'd be always short 2 artifacts. However, you could get those from the following FA if you were in an active fellowship. As for the set buildings such as the pilgrim's manor of the Sorcerer's event set..good luck, I'm in an active fellowship and only a couple of members managed to score the last piece, the pilgrim's forge. Every body was hoping it showed up in the MA, which it never did.

Iyapo1

Will there be a chance to get the last artifact or will lvl 9 be almost as good as 10? lol
Me personally, I wont put out an evolving building unless it is level 10(not including pets). There will probably be a chance to get more artifacts it just might take a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.