• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moho

Chef
Between this new set & last year's set that gave out a very hefty amount of T1, having both could easily replace ALL a city's T1 + T3 needs?!
With an additional number of GingerBread Mansions (that supply T2 goods), every Elvenar enthusiast can only but play happily ever after.

However, space always remains a problem and the Forbidden Ruins Set will require some adjustments:

ForbiddenRuins.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Between this new set & last year's set that gave out a very hefty amount of T1, having both could easily replace ALL a city's T1 + T3 needs?!
(...just keep a few T1-3 factories around for event quests & teleport them out when not needed.)
Don't forget the Mermaid's Paradise, which would offer additional T1 goods. Also, I don't think the Air Trader's set was as strong, but it gave all 3 kinds of T2 goods. Iff you also had a Gingerbread Mansion and a good Moonstone set giving T2 goods it might be possible to run a city with no manufactories at all.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That’s better, though if they don’t add hide building feature in browser mode, we can look forward to not being able to see/remember what is behind there.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We wouldn't need to have as many FAs with double Tomes if players had a more reasonable chance of getting a fully evolved building by the end of events, and by reasonable, I mean reasonable for players like me, who make steady progress through the event, finish all the quests, and still come up short on keys, cats, bunnies, whatever and cant get the last artifact.
I have the same problem. Just a few short of the last artifact and no one can say I haven't been on enough to get the keys around the neighborhood ... I practically live on Elvenar, lol.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So you're the balance to my poor luck! Ever since the Ashen Phoenix, I've had to rely on the FA to get the extra artifact to level my evolving building to 10.

I was foolish enough to use my Ashen Phoenix artifacts to trade for Phoenix ones to level the fire phoenix. Oh, I regret that.

It seems strange that completing all quests does not enable a player to complete their building. It's like you put in all that work and still aren't quite good enough to "win" the event. Pity those poor new players that don't have an Ashen Phoenix. They must be wondering what they're doing wrong to fail the events so often.

I have an Ashen and as I said, I practically live on Elvenar to collect keys, and I still didn't get the last artifact. The ashen doesn't give you as much as some may think. When I first got it, I was expecting it to give me the 1 or 2 percent of all event currency I gathered. I should have known better. It counted ONLY from the quest events ... not the drops. And if you count up all that, you're talking MAYBE 100 keys over the entire month? Or less? I mean, we're not talking a whole lot of keys from having a fed ashen here.

The Unbeliever

I have an Ashen and as I said, I practically live on Elvenar to collect keys, and I still didn't get the last artifact. The ashen doesn't give you as much as some may think. When I first got it, I was expecting it to give me the 1 or 2 percent of all event currency I gathered. I should have known better. It counted ONLY from the quest events ... not the drops. And if you count up all that, you're talking MAYBE 100 keys over the entire month? Or less? I mean, we're not talking a whole lot of keys from having a fed ashen here.
With a fed Ashen + the e-mail freebies, that's roughly 200 additional currency, which with a little luck is close to squeezing out an additional grand prize.
Overall though, the point remains; if you want a full set/evo building, then focus on grand prizes ONLY!!
ie: ignore the daily prizes, or else just focus solely on the 1-2 dailies that look the most appealing to your city's needs.

Now, if you want Silver and especially Gold leagues? The spend those diamonds you get for free from the Spire. :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep, the post box format is the one where you really have to choose between get all the grand prizes or getting multiples of the same daily prize, because to get extra dailies, you pretty much have to waste keys on reshuffling. But if all you do is play a board until you get the daily prize and the extra present prizes, and maybe a couple of others on the board, and the stop for the day. rather than clearing the board every time, completing the evolving building is easy. On both Beta and in my one Live active city, I got the owl avatar, so 280+ presents in each, without using any diamonds or money.

Tehya1

Yep, the post box format is the one where you really have to choose between get all the grand prizes or getting multiples of the same daily prize, because to get extra dailies, you pretty much have to waste keys on reshuffling. But if all you do is play a board until you get the daily prize and the extra present prizes, and maybe a couple of others on the board, and the stop for the day. rather than clearing the board every time, completing the evolving building is easy. On both Beta and in my one Live active city, I got the owl avatar, so 280+ presents in each, without using any diamonds or money.
This is exactly what I did this time, and I even skipped days when I didn't care about the dailies, and I still came up short.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The trouble with this event is that the city litter, in this event guant scrolls, aren't really visible against snow, so very poor timing.

Huor

I never built the merc camp, and even though I may not use them, blossom mages are the only thing I don't produce, and it would be nice to see where I could fit them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.