• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A NEW GAME FEATURE HAS JUST APPEARED ON BETA SERVER!
All the experienced players have been asking for years, what to do with the thousands of rune shards that you are never going to use, even for upgrades. Here is the answer - you can use them to contribute Knowledge Points to the research of their Ancient Wonders in your own city (10 KP), or contribute them to another players' Ancient Wonders (15 KP).

Please let the designers know how you like this feature, or if you notice any issues with it in our discussion thread:
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/runeshard-changes.17428/

That is a serious lot of KP being given away - considering that I have several thousand Rune Shards that I am never going to use...

I am not so sure this is a wise move - I have several thousands of rune shards; if I give them all away that is about 30 000+ KP I am going to be injecting into my friend's games.
That is going to bring the Law of Unforeseen consequences strongly into play - and someone is sure to find a way to work the system in a way that the designers do not intend; we will have to see what is the result...

272078959_10220412460162202_4304539523949383481_n.jpg

Last edited:

Huor

If you're an early chapter player (like myself) that is still leveling aw's you want to keep until the end of the game (or you like to play Jimmy crack runes) be real careful with this! I think you could find yourself in a tight spot real quick as it's just so easy to push that button.

Sprite1313

Definitely needs a ”confirm” button. Somebody who doesn’t read the announcements is going to click on the rune icon, not knowing what it does and end up spending a bunch of their runes before they realize what is happening. For early game players, every rune is precious, so even one mis-click can hurt.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Time to take the hundreds of extra rune shards for the first few AWs and fill up lots of early chapter player AWs and get back the reward from the top chest to use on any of our own AWs. Good way to get KP into you own AWs that you just unlocked in the previous chapter. Also, I see lots of KP chains and swaps being temporarily destroyed during the initial rush to burn off a lot of excess rune shards.

Iyapo1

Am I the only one reading incoming disaster into this? 1st a Sleeping Titan in the event prizes(a building that gives broken rune shards and is the next best thing to useless, imo) and now we can get rid of a lot of excess ruins by converting them to KP? Am I the only one imagining some kind of incoming doom.

Huor

1st a Sleeping Titan in the event prizes(a building that gives broken rune shards and is the next best thing to useless, imo)

I was wondering what I would do with this building also as my chicken gives me 2 every 48 hours, and I think I get one from somewhere else plus a bazillion from the tournament. I don't know how many I end of loosing because I loose track.

Huor

If aw's and their levels are still part of the tournament and spire difficulty calculations, be careful running an aw's level through the roof. You might get sticker shock the next tournament/spire and the only way out of that is to sell it and throw it all away. I really like this change, but I've got to mind my Ps and Qs. lol!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Am I the only one reading incoming disaster into this? 1st a Sleeping Titan in the event prizes(a building that gives broken rune shards and is the next best thing to useless, imo) and now we can get rid of a lot of excess ruins by converting them to KP? Am I the only one imagining some kind of incoming doom.
Nope. There is a LOT of feedback on the Beta thread already.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Sleepy Titan building is a 20 day expiring building. Not a whole lot of chaos that can do. Especially if it's only offered a couple of times a year.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Definitely needs a ”confirm” button. Somebody who doesn’t read the announcements is going to click on the rune icon, not knowing what it does and end up spending a bunch of their runes before they realize what is happening. For early game players, every rune is precious, so even one mis-click can hurt.
As long as there is also a "Don't show this warning again" button, then sure.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Am I the only one reading incoming disaster into this?
:eek:
I don't know, it seems like most of the above comments are negative.
...my cheery Pollyanna half just thought "Oh, what a nice way to use those rune shards instead of letting them gather dust in the inventory!" Not that I can't see some possible downsides, but it seems like the potential benefits would outweigh the negatives to me.

Zoof

I feel as though that change would turn the typical week-long slog of getting runes from AWs you don't own and the near-certainty that KP threads bring to the table into a rapid-fire rocket tag death match, where instead of rocket launchers, players now have ICBMs.

otoh, getting your entire fellowship's (and their wives', and husbands', and pets') Golden Abyss up to speed and always on a rune phase might become a thing. Thus encouraging those lucky players to play more tourney.

EDIT: You get a golden abyss! You get a golden abyss! EVERYONE GETS A GOLDEN ABYSS! YAAAAAAAYYYY~

Iyapo1

my cheery Pollyanna half just thought "Oh, what a nice way to use those rune shards instead of letting them gather dust in the inventory!"
That was my thought too. I tournament pretty heavily and have 100s of runes. Yippee! This is wonderful!...and then a second thought. This is INNO ..."sleepy titan grand prize" + "a way to burn runes"=something wicked is in the works that will make me think better of the sleeping titan...like destroying my ability to refill rune wheels and break rune shards on demand. Something bad is to follow!

BrinDarby

I am not so sure this is a wise move - I have several thousands of rune shards; if I give them all away that is about 30 000+ KP I am going to be injecting into my friend's games.
So basically you can build 1.5 (lvl30) AWs of 1 other person, and poof all your runes/shards are gone.

If the devs are smart, they won't instantly "Boom" us, they'll wait for all the so called smart ppl
and ppl that just felt like it to use up thier xtra runes.... then they'll "Boom" us with xtra consistent
need for them, and everyone who was a sucker, will be fresh outta runes/shards and be whine'n.
Having ppl try to "game the system" will only help the devs faster drain the servers of rune buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.