• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27062

It has nothing to do with the cities themselves "not being designed for it", but rather everything to do with the devs being too bloody lazy to add a couple lines of code that would simply keep sentient + ascended goods out of the negotiation options! (...especially in the Spire!)

If the Spire were to stick to just Orks + Mana + Seeds as the only decaying resources that could potentially be needed for negotiating, things would even out a helluva lot better.
There seems to be a breakdown in communication.
I meant that MY cities weren't designed to go beyond ch 10. I did that on purpose. I have no T3 manufactories and in most cities I have minimal residences, workshops etc. If I was to move on I'd have to seriously modify my city in order to be able to produce sentient goods.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It has nothing to do with the cities themselves "not being designed for it", but rather everything to do with the devs being too bloody lazy to add a couple lines of code that would simply keep sentient + ascended goods out of the negotiation options! (...especially in the Spire!)

If the Spire were to stick to just Orks + Mana + Seeds as the only decaying resources that could potentially be needed for negotiating, things would even out a helluva lot better.
I agree that I'd like to see sentients out, but those are the least of my problems. Whoever decided to make orcs crazy hard to keep up with in chapter 16 must have been Simon Legree. I have four maxed armories and 10 orc nests, and I run out as fast as I can make them. I'm going to have to find room for a dozen more orc nests ... maybe then I'd just break even. Catering the spire is horrendous when they want orcs. Funny how in 15 I thought I had too many orc nests ... HA!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The runeshard for KP has gone to the international live server. When do we get it?
My other city is on the EN server and we're praying the don't muddle with any formulas in the foreseeable future where undoing wonders is not possible. We've built over 100 wonders on the first day and still going strong on Day 2. Pretty much if you have some high chapter cities, they're gonna be giving away early wonders like Golden Abyss to everyone. *bites nails nervously*

Also, whatever the next event is, the graphics are cool.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I agree that I'd like to see sentients out, but those are the least of my problems. Whoever decided to make orcs crazy hard to keep up with in chapter 16 must have been Simon Legree. I have four maxed armories and 10 orc nests, and I run out as fast as I can make them. I'm going to have to find room for a dozen more orc nests ... maybe then I'd just break even. Catering the spire is horrendous when they want orcs. Funny how in 15 I thought I had too many orc nests ... HA!
If they do not change the stats on the upcoming evolving building and nerf its orc production numbers, it will be the answer to your prayers. A fully evolved ch 16 version of it will make 4,850 a day. Which would be the best orc producer ever. For comparison's sake, a max level ch 16 armory will make 3200 daily and a fully evolved ch 16 Witch Hut will make 3150.

Darielle

If they do not change the stats on the upcoming evolving building and nerf its orc production numbers, it will be the answer to your prayers. A fully evolved ch 16 version of it will make 4,850 a day. Which would be the best orc producer ever. For comparison's sake, a max level ch 16 armory will make 3200 daily and a fully evolved ch 16 Witch Hut will make 3150.
Sounds great! I'll keep my fingers crossed. (I forgot I also had a fully evolved chapter 16 witch hut ... I guess I'd be even worse off if I didn't!)

The Unbeliever

Sounds great! I'll keep my fingers crossed. (I forgot I also had a fully evolved chapter 16 witch hut ... I guess I'd be even worse off if I didn't!)
Orks are why I'm crawling as slowly as possible through Ch9+ ;)
Mind, I fear that Sentients are going to be even worse, since I cater the Spire as I have the world's worst luck in ever generating any troop boosters in crafting!lol.

Still, I'll likely end up replacing 2 of my 3 Ork Nests with this new building, which will give me for daily Boyz production in my Ch9 city:
'new' Evo building
Lv10 Witch's Hut
1x Ork Nest
2x Ork Ship
1x Lv23 Armoury

I'll have to see what the Gold League numbers look like for this event, as it might be well worth splurging a few extra dias to get the bonus rewards. Especially seeing as this event will use the 'Digging Game' which is far more skill based vs. randumb luck based, and seems to be overall loathed by the Elvenar crowd!;)
(...unlike in FoE, where this game + the Wildlife event mini game especially are the most popular!)

I laughed at the gold league numbers of the Sorc's event - would have probably required at least 12-15k dias to even have a sniff at Gold. O.O
However, for the Halloween 2021 event, again, it only took me like 500 - 1000 extra currency to move both my cities into Gold leagues due to the skill based nature of the Misty Forest mini game. :)

Sprite1313

Whoever decided to make orcs crazy hard to keep up with in chapter 16 must have been Simon Legree.
I keep waiting to hit this "orc wall" but still haven't. I guess it must only really be an issue if you cater? I'm in 17 and have 3.5 million orcs. I only keep my orc nests because they give me sentient goods when I pick up.

Darielle

I keep waiting to hit this "orc wall" but still haven't. I guess it must only really be an issue if you cater? I'm in 17 and have 3.5 million orcs. I only keep my orc nests because they give me sentient goods when I pick up.
How did you get through all those beer gardens and tea gardens in chapter 16, Sprite? Yes, I do cater the spire and part of the tourney, but still, it was those half dozen beer and half dozen tea that really got me. They need to be fed every 3 hours with more orcs. This is one chapter that you can't even portal profit your way through, at least not until the last few techs.

Sprite1313

How did you get through all those beer gardens and tea gardens in chapter 16, Sprite? Yes, I do cater the spire and part of the tourney, but still, it was those half dozen beer and half dozen tea that really got me. They need to be fed every 3 hours with more orcs. This is one chapter that you can't even portal profit your way through, at least not until the last few techs.
I'd been hearing about orcs being an issue since I started playing. I've been running 4-5 maxed armouries and 10-12 orc nests (plus witch hut) since I could produce orcs. That's probably why I didn't notice the drain on my supplies. Since I don't cater, I hadn't used many of them before they became ingredients for guest race goods. I had over 3 million orcs entering chapter 16. I also don't mind being tech-locked periodically during chapters. It gives me time to upgrade my AWs (and, to h*** with the additional difficulty on the tournament and spire - I wants them, I'm building them - I'll deal with the consequences as they come).

The Unbeliever

Orks tend to only become a huge issue if/when:
a) You hit the 'Ork Wall' on the world map before unlocking the Breeding Grounds research in beginning of Ch8
b) You only/mostly cater Spire every single week.

Even the high demand Orky chapters like Ch8 + Ch16 are pretty manageable with a couple armouries + a couple Ork Nests if you either fight and/or mostly ignore the Spire...
My Ch8 Elf city for example is now sitting at roughly 600k and counting Orks, simply because the only things I'm using them for is to very slowly plod through the research tree. And that city is only using 1 armoury + 2 Ork Nests for Boyz production!

Conversely, my Ch9 Human city, because it 100% caters through Lv2 of the Spire each week, can get hairy with that resource demand! Especially if there's 2-3 'Ork heavy' weeks in a row, it can chew through upwards of 70-80k Boyz without blinking in just a couple weeks! :eek:
Thus, that city can seem to still be underproducing at times, even with daily Boyz production of 6-7k boyz/day! (...hell, on a 'bad' run, if the final 4 encounters on Lv2 ALL demand Orks as a negotiation resource, that's easily at least 6-8k greenskins right there, and usually more if/when a couple extra turns are required and/or negotiations re-started!)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Dear Humans and Elves,
On February 13, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes:

• Wise Golem will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Moon bear Artifacts and craftable building will be phased in instead
  • Festive May Tree Artifacts will also be phased in for crafting
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

273744879_10220520137894078_8592142649797489903_n.jpg

Raccon

Changes:
  • Moon bear Artifacts and craftable building will be phased in instead
Why not the universal bear artifact just like the way it used to be?
If the bear artifact rewards are going to be bear specific, would there be an option to convert them in the MA? And how frequently? Currently, that happens very rarely which isn't very helpful to evolve a building in a reasonable time.

There is a semi-universal bear artifact for: polar, brown, panda. But yes, all the others have specific ones. I'm sitting on a few "bear" artifacts that I cannot do anything with.

If you've reached ascended goods, perhaps bears (and other event buildings for that matter) should switch from giving sentients to giving ascendeds, or give you the option of which you prefer. Would that be a suggestion folks would get behind?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This is great news for me! I want the moon bear! :D
I want a Moon Bear also! The pet food effect is not great and I doubt I would ever use that. But at high levels the Moon Bear is a great producer of sentient goods and it also gives 3 KP a day. Which is really good for a 3x3 building. The other evolving buildings which give 3 KP a day tend to be 4x4 in size.
The funny thing is that I DID play in the Moon Bear event. But at the time I chose to convert all my Moonbear artifacts into regular Bear artifacts in order to start making a Brown Bear. Because Brown Bear is so good, I still feel that was the right decision to make at the time and would not change my mind if I had it over to do again. But I'm glad to be getting a 2nd chance at Moonbear artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.