• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeledo

You won't really need it even at level 3 spire if you crafted every Vitality surge you find in the MA.
3% rivival rate won't revive enough troops to withstand the next wave after you've lost 100% of 3 squads and most of the 4th one. This is when you either have enough Vitality surge to save you the day or raise the white flag and cater instead.
I believe if you have even 1 troop alive in any squad it plays at 100% in the second round. I don't believe losses carry over. I don't know for certain if the revive works differently.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I believe if you have even 1 troop alive in any squad it plays at 100% in the second round. I don't believe losses carry over. I don't know for certain if the revive works differently.

I don't think that is right, but I do understand if a squad "died" in a round then the vitality reives them. Even though not a full squad just having a another group to take a hit can be a huge thing.

Tehya1

So beta players, how did you do in the event? Can we trust the promotions? Does everryone who finishes the quests have a good chance at evolving the bird, or will we have to spend diamonds?

Iyapo1

Does everryone who finishes the quests have a good chance at evolving the bird, or will we have to spend diamonds?
lol! Everyone who finishes the quests has a much better chance at evolving the bird without spending diamonds than the players who dont finish the quests. Chest choices and RNG will play their usual part.

Tehya1

Everyone who finishes the quests has a much better chance at evolving the bird without spending diamonds than the players who dont finish the quests.
That might be true, but more players who completed the quests in the winter and forbidden forest events did not get the last artifact/bldg than did. Hence my question. The ruins event seemed a bit more fair.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That might be true, but more players who completed the quests in the winter and forbidden forest events did not get the last artifact/bldg than did. Hence my question. The ruins event seemed a bit more fair.

Before they added the Leagues, we could only guess at how many players actually got the 13 grand prizes needed to go with the quest completion prizes for a complete set or max level building. But as can be seen from every event since the Leagues were added, maybe 10-15% of all players got to that 260-point threshold for completion. I can't remember more than a time or two where the minimum for Bronze was 260+ at the end of an event, and Bronze is only made by about 20% of active players.

Tehya1

Before they added the Leagues, we could only guess at how many players actually got the 13 grand prizes needed to go with the quest completion prizes for a complete set or max level building. But as can be seen from every event since the Leagues were added, maybe 10-15% of all players got to that 260-point threshold for completion. I can't remember more than a time or two where the minimum for Bronze was 260+ at the end of an event, and Bronze is only made by about 20% of active players.
I started playing right before the fall event, and I did not make silver in any event until this last one. Was I just lucky in 4 of my 5 cities, or did inno give us better odds of getting all of the artifacts?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I started playing right before the fall event, and I did not make silver in any event until this last one. Was I just lucky in 4 of my 5 cities, or did inno give us better odds of getting all of the artifacts?
It all depends on your activity for silver with a good chance of gold you pretty much need all quests, all random pickups (so pretty much online every 5-6 hours), the email ect.

You play agains all other players so if you want to be in the bracket fo the best 5% you have to play like those 5%

At silver you pretty much get all artefact or very close to it. the part you miss can then be collected at a FSA or at the spire/MA about a year or so later

The Unbeliever

The previous event with the 'Digging mini game' + the May/Winter events with the 'Shuffleboard' are light years easier to obtain all 9 artifacts, if you know what you're doing and how to properly exploit those games.
The '3 rotating chests' is generally down entirely to the RNG if you'll make it or not, since you must collect +X amount of bonus currency from the chests to hit the 260 GP pts.

You can complete the entire quest line, AND, get the 100 e-mail bonus, AND, log-in every 3-4hrs for maximum incident pick-ups, yet still fall short in the 3 rotating chests if you get really RNG-screwed... that's simply because the 3x rotating chest events only give you 'X' total currency, but you need to make 'X + Y = Z', with 'Y' being the amount of bonus currency you must add-on from the randumb chest wins.
On the other hand, if you use your tools well in both the digging + shuffleboard style events, you can fairly easily hit your 260 GP pts and claim all 9 artifacts, even pushing well into mid-upper Silver league for 0 diamonds. :)

TL:DR version; the 3 rotating chests are the WORST events because you absolutely need to rely on the RNG luck factor. To hell with skill - even if you know exactly which chests are the most efficient, if you get enough bad rotations and/or can't win any bonus currency, you're never getting all 9 artifacts without spending some diamonds.

Zoof

The previous event with the 'Digging mini game' + the May/Winter events with the 'Shuffleboard' are light years easier to obtain all 9 artifacts, if you know what you're doing and how to properly exploit those games.
The '3 rotating chests' is generally down entirely to the RNG if you'll make it or not, since you must collect +X amount of bonus currency from the chests to hit the 260 GP pts.

You can complete the entire quest line, AND, get the 100 e-mail bonus, AND, log-in every 3-4hrs for maximum incident pick-ups, yet still fall short in the 3 rotating chests if you get really RNG-screwed... that's simply because the 3x rotating chest events only give you 'X' total currency, but you need to make 'X + Y = Z', with 'Y' being the amount of bonus currency you must add-on from the randumb chest wins.
On the other hand, if you use your tools well in both the digging + shuffleboard style events, you can fairly easily hit your 260 GP pts and claim all 9 artifacts, even pushing well into mid-upper Silver league for 0 diamonds. :)

TL:DR version; the 3 rotating chests are the WORST events because you absolutely need to rely on the RNG luck factor. To hell with skill - even if you know exactly which chests are the most efficient, if you get enough bad rotations and/or can't win any bonus currency, you're never getting all 9 artifacts without spending some diamonds.
I'd like to add that even if the shuffleboard/exploration format could be argued that it, too, is just RNG with a bit of skill-flavored gameplay involved, I like to think that the real boon for it is the sense of agency that the format gives. That you feel as though your decisions in how you play the event has a tangibly positive effect on what you get, and the effort that you put in grants you the certainty that you'll make it in the end.

The gacha-style 3-box format, though? Even though it's pure RNG, the effort needed to play the event is quite low. For those who don't feel like their decisions matter and/or for those who can't/don't spend the sort of time or effort to play a longer format game (such as those with more cities than fingers, or fewer usable limbs than input devices), maybe they'll like being able to blindly click a bit better.

I personally had decent luck with most of the events since Sept. 2021 (small sample size, yeh?) with the exception being that pilgrim thingie. I simply didn't want to burn the diamonds on a building that I both can't fit nor can afford the RRs to keep it chapter-current. Others argued (quite loudly in some cases) that I should've done it anyway because, to paraphrase, "OMG that set so OP!"

There's always going to be people who will complain about an event because X and another event (which has a wildly different style of play) because Y, whereas people are going to be defending the first because Z and the latter because Ω. And let's not get into the other rather vocal people who will demonize both events because δ or φ for ∞ reasons.

Maybe someone can tally up all those reasons and put them up for easy perusal? Still... which group am I in? You decide!

Tehya1

There's always going to be people who will complain about an event because X and another event (which has a wildly different style of play) because Y, whereas people are going to be defending the first because Z and the latter because Ω. And let's not get into the other rather vocal people who will demonize both events because δ or φ for ∞ reasons.
LOL! Then there are those who hate the game and still play for inexplicable reasons. Self flogging, perhaps?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The gacha-style 3-box format, though? Even though it's pure RNG, the effort needed to play the event is quite low.

I think that is the key for this event, especially when the majority of players are casual players. Having casually done events for a while now I personally always feel I get way more prizes from the 3-chest format. I loathe the dig one the most as I get the least prizes from it, probably as it takes the most time/effort which is not compatable with casual play. The shufflebaord isn't too bad, but harder to get major prizes from a casual perspective.

Most likely its why they offer the different formats as no one will ever be 100% happy, even if they had an event where you could 100% get the prizes for minimal effort, there will be people complaining of no challenge. Rotating around the different events allows them to suit different playstyles and approaches.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The gacha-style 3-box format, though? Even though it's pure RNG, the effort needed to play the event is quite low. For those who don't feel like their decisions matter and/or for those who can't/don't spend the sort of time or effort to play a longer format game (such as those with more cities than fingers, or fewer usable limbs than input devices), maybe they'll like being able to blindly click a bit better.
There is no such thing as pure RNG.

How much RNG there is is partially decided by you as a player.

If I roll 1 6 sided die the end result is totally random.
when I roll 6 6 sided dies the result is already a lot more predictable,
when I roll 50 6 sided dies the result is very predictable.

The same argument counts for events, the more chests you open the less random the result becomes.
As a player you can also influece the end result by picking the chests so thaty your random decreases.

The fun part is you can also risk it, you can choose to go for the go all or go broke approach. because if you choose so the random is reduced it means you get a more "average" result. but if I want to be at the top 1% I might go and go for a more random result, this could be average, this could be way below average or wat above average. and for that 1% you want to be way above average. so by increasing the random you can increase your chances to get 1% but also increae your chance to get a really bad result.

So random ain't as random as you might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.