• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dopeykr

Except for time between FAs. There's nothing to prevent the developers from adding another Event with a Set Building Grand Prize.

Tehya1

The next FA will almost certainly have a single 'tome' which will give a choice of 1x artifact for the past 2 buildings, just like the previous FA.
The previous FA gave two tomes, one for the second stage and one for the third, both of which gave the choice of artifacts. I used one tome on boblin in all my cities, and I still have the other in my inventory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A heads up for everyone here who has a small city and keeps it small on purpose, specifically staying in chapter 3 or 4. There are reports that Inno is testing locking the spire until chapter 5, instead of chapter 3. No other info yet, including whether someone in chapter 3 or 4 will keep access or will lose access and have to advance their city to chapter 5 before they can get into the Spire again.

Tehya1

There are reports that Inno is testing locking the spire until chapter 5, instead of chapter 3. No other info yet, including whether someone in chapter 3 or 4 will keep access or will lose access and have to advance their city to chapter 5 before they can get into the Spire again.
If they do this, then they will have to do something about event quests that will make it impossible, not only for chs 1-2, but for chs 3-5, to finish quests without the spire to get ccs, sf, timers, and event bldgs.

Count Rupert

You mean like changing all the solve spire encounters quests to solve spire, tournament, or encounter quests?... :)

I don't think it's that simple. Early on you face only having a couple of provinces for the tournament. Yeah provinces can yield 8 encounters but unless you over scout, you have limits there as well. Particularly since the current event calls for a total of 102 of those spire, tournament, or encounters. Not to mention all the quests calling for relics. Without spire, they'll have few spell fragments to use to obtain some of the needed relics placing more reliance on province encounters to fill the void. This is besides the natural pressures in just building up your city. I find it interesting that the easier quests (collecting coins or goods for example) are tailored for the chapter you're in placing players on a mostly even footing. While the more difficult quests are fixed at levels more geared to the higher level players. It's hard for new players do very well as it is. Why take any tools away from them?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is an announcement in the International forum about "minor changes/differences" being made in the first 5 chapters. I don't know if the Spire stuff counts for that or is minor. One thing I have seen mentioned being tested is a chapter 5 research that has to be completed to enter the Spire. Similar to when they were testing a chapter 2 research that had to be done before joining a fellowship, and I think another before being able to do the tournament. Supposedly, the tournament thing would require players to be in chapter 4 before having access, but that may not be correct any more. It seems they are trying to streamline and speed up the first 5 chapters, so maybe they play like an extended tutorial or something, before getting into the complexness of the guest races with chapter 6.

Edit:

Here is a google doc made by @TomatoeHu showing changes she has found being tested on Beta. Click on all the tabs at the bottom to see the new researches being tested. A chapter 1 research needed before you can visit people in your neighborhood. A chapter 2 for fellowships and a separate one for being able to join fellowship adventures. A chapter 3 research before you can start crafting in the MA. A chapter 4 research for tournament participation. And the chapter 5 research for Spire participation. One thing I don't know is if the Spire research is only needed for group participation and prizes, and you can still do it solo in chapter 3, or if it is for all Spire activity.

Last edited:

Tehya1

It seems they are trying to streamline and speed up the first 5 chapters, so maybe they play like an extended tutorial or something, before getting the the complexness of the guest races with chapter 6.
But cutting the spire until ch 6 will slow it down even more! LOL! Do they give any clue as to why they think the spire slows down progress in chs 1-5? winning magic buildings, troop buffs, timers, sf, ccs, etc helped my progress. Can you imagine not being able to craft anything because you don't have enough ccs or any sf? This seems like a bad idea. lol

mikeledo

My guess is people have built small spire cities in a number of worlds, same account, and are using them as diamond farms which INNO hates. BTW, it is my understanding that INNO is sending out push notifications. Don't know what will become of that. I would assume most people who got one are not talking about it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My guess is people have built small spire cities in a number of worlds, same account, and are using them as diamond farms which INNO hates. BTW, it is my understanding that INNO is sending out push notifications. Don't know what will become of that. I would assume most people who got one are not talking about it.

This is my guess too. People have been making small alt cities that stay permanently in chapter 3 or 4 and using them only for Spire and tournament, and funneling the won diamonds from the Spire runs to their main account.

Tehya1

My guess is people have built small spire cities in a number of worlds, same account, and are using them as diamond farms which INNO hates.
I tried to make one, but it isn't in my nature to stay small. LOL! Now I have yet another city to collect pets for, and I can't not do tourney, so I am counting on the spire to spit out das and timers, and diamonds of course. lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have 2 in my EN group that do this to feed their bigger cities in other worlds. I have to admit though, i am rather impressed by their little experiment. It's more appealing to me than a rush city. One of them is doing full Spire and pulling 4k in tourney on 9 plots of land! I'm very tempted to try myself, but...last time I got sold an easy vacation home for my elf in Europe and I ended up as an archmage so I'm not falling for it again!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Interesting, I notice they didn't move MA to later on. It is questionable in chapter 1 currently, but tournament can allow it to be used on occasion. It is a giant waste of space without decent relics or crafting materials. They really need to move it to taround chapter 4 based on that.

I wonder if they will overhaul the early quests and grant instants and other items so it doesn't slow down and/or stay the same speed but without anything to do but wait on builders.

Nerwa

Here is a google doc made by @TomatoeHu showing changes she has found being tested on Beta. Click on all the tabs at the bottom to see the new researches being tested. A chapter 1 research needed before you can visit people in your neighborhood. A chapter 2 for fellowships and a separate one for being able to join fellowship adventures. A chapter 3 research before you can start crafting in the MA. A chapter 4 research for tournament participation. And the chapter 5 research for Spire participation. One thing I don't know is if the Spire research is only needed for group participation and prizes, and you can still do it solo in chapter 3, or if it is for all Spire activity.

Ye gods, that's TERRIBLE for new players! Horrible for slow-paced gamers, too; but it's the new players that will get absolutely mauled.

I started a second city a couple months back (wanted to fight in Human as well as Elf). Even with experience it was a slog to get to chapter 3. I can't imagine trying it without tournaments for KP & relics from the beginning, or doing even limited crafting. Plus it would kill any attempt at doing events for ages, and those daily prizes make such a difference when you have *nothing*.

No Spire until chapter 5? That is *so* *wrong*. It deprives players of crafting supplies & the best source of instants. No chance to play catch-up by winning artifacts for old evolves. Huge handicap during events. Worst of all - it'll make getting into an active, prize-winning FS far more difficult. It's one thing for a solid FS to take in ch 2/ch 3 cities knowing that it'll only be 3-4 weeks before that city start contributing much. Kicking Spire to ch 5 adds 1-2 extra MONTHS to that - or more, factoring in all the other proposed changes. How many teams are willing to carry a small city for months? That's not even getting into the challenge of building up a new FS, or the misery of new cities being stuck out in the worst trading neighborhoods.

Plus the potential coding glitches, ugh! Seems like it would be MUCH easier to create an intermediary premium currency (let's call them "Sapphires"). Within the game, you win Sapphires (not Diamonds) in Spire & MA chests & wherever; then spend Sapphires wherever Diamonds are currently required (magic buildings, premium expansions, etc). Each city has its own stock of Sapphires (no swapping). Then put limits on Diamonds: Only acquired via real-world cash or in email-related giveaways. Only spent on Sapphires (which can't be shifted between cities).

Or just start taking ads, for pity's sake - all those splash screens between loading games. It'd be annoying, but no worse than many FTP games.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
LOL! How many AMs are you? I am more than happy to be a fellow. :cool:
One. I only have 2 cities. I'm the ringmaster of a circus on the EN server though and diamonds don't share across different markets so you can't use it to farm for your US city. However, I do get separate newsletter emails at least so each city gets 100 event currency. We are currently full at the moment, but I do take new players to the game that are willing and eager to learn.

That's not even getting into the challenge of building up a new FS, or the misery of new cities being stuck out in the worst trading neighborhoods.
Yeah, there were players in my EN group that went through the whole "No FS until you unlock FS tech in Chap 2" experiment. Different players started new cities within a day of each other and one rolled this new FS tech tree and the other did not. One could join FS right away from Day 1. The other had to wait 2 weeks or however long it took him to finish chapter 1. Even if it's only 2 weeks, it's a huge difference. For one, you get up to 24 neighborly visits to fellows without spending a penny to scout to them and in turn, that much more gold daily. There's a severe gold crunch early game! Also, person that rolled the bad tech tree had to rely on neighbors for trades, like you've said. Obviously the player who got in the FS first also got access to Spire a whole lot sooner. It's bizarre they didn't roll the new tech tree out for everyone who started within a certain period, but instead let RNG dictate who got which tech tree.

BrinDarby

Maybee they should just inforce the 1 account per World rule !
Maybee Diamonds should just stay on the world they're earned on....

but it's the new players that will get absolutely mauled.
SO, so, so true !!

Even the "Park in a Chapter" thread demonstrates that there are
more than just CH 3-4 that many ppl park in. Fighters seem to park
in what CH 7 ?? Then there's the ppl parking just before sentients or
the ppl that get to CH 15-16 then just stop advancing ....

The problem isn't park'd cities, its the fact that everyone can have
8 worlds, 1 each and all those diamonds flow directly into 1 account.

( all perfectly legal , while multi-accounting is rampent ).....
Ohh and the Bogus.... Spire Formula. Not to mention that @ a certain
point, so Ive been told, you MUST buy expansions, and those
exponentially increase in price.

I don't keep my cities lean-mean for the diamonds, its for the enjoyment
of playing the Spire and Tourn in a sensible mannor, and because of the
rediculious Spire formula.

This is a city building game, the 1 thing that never should count against a
player is more land.... The game should be balanced in ways that do NOT
depend on Land, and it fosters ppl into buying more prem. expansions.

The Unbeliever

Maybee they should just inforce the 1 account per World rule !
Maybee Diamonds should just stay on the world they're earned on....

SO, so, so true !!

Even the "Park in a Chapter" thread demonstrates that there are
more than just CH 3-4 that many ppl park in. Fighters seem to park
in what CH 7 ?? Then there's the ppl parking just before sentients or
the ppl that get to CH 15-16 then just stop advancing ....

The problem isn't park'd cities, its the fact that everyone can have
8 worlds, 1 each and all those diamonds flow directly into 1 account.

( all perfectly legal , while multi-accounting is rampent ).....
Ohh and the Bogus.... Spire Formula. Not to mention that @ a certain
point, so Ive been told, you MUST buy expansions, and those
exponentially increase in price.

I don't keep my cities lean-mean for the diamonds, its for the enjoyment
of playing the Spire and Tourn in a sensible mannor, and because of the
rediculious Spire formula.

This is a city building game, the 1 thing that never should count against a
player is more land.... The game should be balanced in ways that do NOT
depend on Land, and it fosters ppl into buying more prem. expansions.
For the love of the Dark Gods, please don't give the devs any more insanely stupid ideas!!

Instead of constantly punishing the players for the devs screw-ups, maybe they should instead just accept that;
1. "Balance" is just a comical illusion, and everyone has extremely wide-ranging opinions on what "fair & balanced" means.
2. A tiny minority of elite players will ALWAYS find exploits in ANY system.

Instead of the devs constantly imposing their mind-bogglingly asinine vision of "balance" onto everyone, maybe we should just accept that the flood gates were opened long ago, and just give everyone the same toolbox to work with?
After all, if EVERYTHING is over-powered, then NOTHING really is

Status
Not open for further replies.