• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehya1

re moving spire tech: will feel really bad forr new players and for players who want to start new cities in another world, but I cannot see inno trying to retrofit this in ch 3, 4, and 5 cities that already have the spire, so I am good. Five cities is all I can manage. If they are trying to speed up progress AND discourage diamond mines, then they arrre kinda stupid. The diamond mine cities will be quick built to ch 6. LOL! Ch. 6 is a purdy ch to park in.

DeletedUser30612

Inno seems to be pushing own play style with the new chapter quest line now. Barracks seem to mandatory now, haven’t reached chapter 3 advanced scouts yet to see if I can decline quest yet. Started another new test city to see the quests and we now need 8 workshops, again another quest that can’t be declined.

DeletedUser30612

True, I haven’t sold them yet in case there is another one acquiring 8 workshops. Apparently, I’m somehow suppose to use 2 teleports spells in chapter 2

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
True, I haven’t sold them yet in case there is another one acquiring 8 workshops. Apparently, I’m somehow suppose to use 2 teleports spells in chapter 2
Oh wow. I never got any teleport spells until the chapter that unlocked the spire and won them in the spire. Maybe they think there is enough time for people to get to the chapter that opens the spire before the event ends?
Also, I haven't seen any event quests yet that require me to use a teleport spell yet unless I'm just forgetting if I did have one. I'm in chapter 10.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@Yavimaya not an event quest but a chapter quest. The chapter quests seem to be very buggy.
Either way, even if it's a chapter quest... how is that even possible without having the spire opened yet? You said you're on chapter 2 currently, correct? This thread is a Beta one I just saw and know that some things are different on Beta than on the live servers. It's your spire opened yet or no?

DeletedUser30612

Nope, not til chapter 5 with the new tech tree. Working as quickly as possible through the other quests to see if Abby give the spells before reporting it.

BrinDarby

Either way, even if it's a chapter quest... how is that even possible without having the spire opened yet?
Seems impossible, unless then they add MA crafting of teleports, yet you still have
catch22, you have no/very few catalysts/fragments to then craft said teleport.....

This absolutely crushes new players, yet solves nothing.... ppl just park in CH5 and
do the same thing the change is meant to curb...... Epic Fail !!!!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Seems impossible, unless then they add MA crafting of teleports, yet you still have
catch22, you have no/very few catalysts/fragments to then craft said teleport.....

This absolutely crushes new players, yet solves nothing.... ppl just park in CH5 and
do the same thing the change is meant to curb...... Epic Fail !!!!
Brin
Push cities stop in chapter 3, at just before the point where a research, probably SS upgrade, increases tournament cater to include tier2. Then they can open enough provinces to fill their city with houses workshops and tier1 factories. Then they only trade with each other. They don't polish, chat or offer verbal input, and only participate in FA in a minimal fashion. All they do, is tournament and Spire, and that is to farm KPs.

BrinDarby

@Lelanya ,
The 1st post , on this subject, was on a change meant to curb
CH 3-4 cities playing Spire and to move Spire to CH5+, to hurry
up smaller cities and to curb the diamond farms....

Yet just like leader of russia, the opposite outcome holds true.
The diamond farms are uneffected really, and pushing out
CCs/Frags to CH5, really crushes new players and makes early
chapters even that much more ----less fun/a pain in the-----
This actually Slows down smaller cities, not speeds them up... :rolleyes:

I play Elvenar to chat and "play" something, not just be rewarded
due to "regular maintanence" basically....My cities are NOT farms,
yet the announcement is aim'd squarely @ players like me. All I'm
saying is this will do Nothing to curb farms, it will hurt new players,
and all 'cause they won't just make diamonds earned world specific,
instead of rolling the diamonds onto 1 world. Inno themselves
created Farming, now I pay the price for thier stupidity ???? uhhh, NO !!

DeletedUser30612

Your missing some important information the new tech tree cities have the kp requirement lower and also the goods needed to unlock research All the buildings after the the level three upgrade have been reduced in all around cost greatly lowered.

Tehya1

Your missing some important information the new tech tree cities have the kp requirement lower and also the goods needed to unlock research All the buildings after the the level three upgrade have been reduced in all around cost greatly lowered.
So it will be easier to get to ch 5-6, which only means that ch 5-6 is the new 3-4. The costs to build might be lower with this new senario, but are they having yall do an event like that? New players won't stand a rats chance of getting even half way through event quests without the spire. The collect ccs and sfs quests will bring them to a full stop.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Inno seems to be pushing own play style with the new chapter quest line now. Barracks seem to mandatory now, haven’t reached chapter 3 advanced scouts yet to see if I can decline quest yet.
They always have and barracks has been compulsory for forever. It part of why they force the MA on ch1 towns as like barracks it is seen as an essential game element. They aren't considering strategy, playstyle, space in the town or available resources to use the building.

I did notice that but does it make that much of a difference to compensate for the loss of other things that sped you up? Also did they bother to fix the world map issue by addressing SS techs or is that still as broken as ever? If they are blocking access to tournaments then moving SS techs forward won't mess with that and should help fix the world map issues and let people get the KP faster.

In terms of the teleport quest they could just give you teleports in a reward before that quest, maybe they forgot to add them as a reward. Still seems weird to get such a quest in ch2 ages before you will have access to spire where you can earn them.

Sadly I can't restart my beta town to test.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I am looking at the list of new quests and I do not see one at all asking to use teleport spells. Can you take a screen shot and post it?

Zoof

Wait. You can't skip the build barracks quest after you've reached the next chapter boundary anymore? That seems... well. "silly" isn't the right word and I've been taught better than to throw more shade than the Trader has been putting up lately.

Or for me personally, the Barracks in my main city. Ironic, I know. But I've still yet to straighten my city out after the latest FA; the multitude of baby workshops is just too tempting to keep hold on for quest abuse purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.