• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30612

All my cities are catering cities and they all have an anemic little barracks in them, it hasn't had much impact on my catering habits.
I regret leveling up my barracks in Harandar especially since I’m steel boosted. I would delete it but from what I hear I need it for orc armory upgrade in chapter 8. I already had my restore done this year used it for my lost city in Harandar

DeletedUser30612

I forgot to add the quests for upgrading the barracks are able to be skipped after clearing the next chapters advanced scouts.

I don’t know how inno is going to expect to keep mobile players if they want there player base to fight battles instead of negotiating. It’ll be very slow progress since your only able to do one or two research a week do to lack of goods. And, spire and tournament play will be limited too.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I don’t know how inno is going to expect to keep mobile players if they want there player base to fight battles instead of negotiating.
They have a lot of PC players who learned how and when to fight on their PC. They like autofightimg since it is faster. They will carry Inno. The few of us who refuse to fight in the dark don't matter much.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I play on both PC and mobile, depending on whether I am at home or not, and I stopped manual fighting aver 4 years ago. And once we got the Fire Phoenix and the Brown Bear and the temp military buildings we can craft, troop loss from auto-fighting became trivial to replace. Plus I do not have the time to waste on the tediousness of manual fighting.

DeletedUser30612

I’m guessing inno is really hurting for money. I apparently need to have 18 residences in my city, how I am suppose to level them to 8 if there is no more space in my city.

@helya did they outsource the quest line to the developers of rise of cultures?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I’m guessing inno is really hurting for money. I apparently need to have 18 residences in my city, how I am suppose to level them to 8 if there is no more space in my city.

In both my US and Beta cities, I had at least 20 residences until chapter 8 or 9, after which their growth increases enough that you can start getting rid of some. Plus if you are completing the first floor of the Spire every week, once you unlock it, you will win some Magic Residences, and those help a lot too. Events can also have some very good pop/culture buildings that can be put in out of the way spaces, even those don't help with quests. Yes, space can be a problem, but the game is pretty generous with free diamonds. One extra Builder, all levels of the MA, and a few premium expansions is where those diamonds should go, so don't hoard them.

Huor

If they bring the ads over here on mobile, be careful with them if you are on metered bandwidth. They chew up far, far more data than the game does.

Huor

I play rise of cultures and they are testing voluntary viewing of in game ads in exchange for rewards. I'm part of the test group and to be honest, it's really not that bad so far other than they take a lot of bandwidth. I'm surprised how much. At first everyone blew a gasket over the addition of them, but that calmed down pretty quickly after everyone saw how it was done and what you got for interacting with it. Now most of the complaints come from people that don't get the ads. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

They are fairly unobtrusive. There are three different types and all have a limit on how many you can do per day. One lets you view an ad up to five times a day to receive a small reward chest and cannot be viewed back to back. The second lets you view up to five ads in a row to gain a boost to coin and food and goods productions. And the third, and best one, you can view once per day after a battle and have all your troops revived. Rise of Cultures has a very small limit on your troop numbers and you basically have to make more after every single fight, so being able to do two fights in a row once a day, because of the ad, is a big time and resource saver. Oh, and this game is not for pacifists, as you have to fight the story battles. Negotiating is only available in the events.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
We are doing ch 1-5 in beta, testing out the new changes. I have: 14 residences, 7 workshops, 4 marble manus, main hall at level 4 and barely in ch 2. In ch 1 there’s research to unlock the barracks, neighbor visits and the magic academy. In ch 2 there’s research to unlock fellowships, fellowship adventures, and the training grounds. Ch 3 unlocks magic academy crafting. Ch 4 has the first 6 ancient wonders and tournaments. Ch 5 unlocks the spire and 2 more AWs. By the end of ch 5 we will have finished City expansion 20 and Squad size 15.

Old version comparison:
Ch 1 : barracks and magic academy. Ch 2: training grounds and 2 AWs. Ch 3: Spire and 2 AWs. Ch 4: 2 AWs. Ch 5: 2 AWS. By the end of ch 5: City expansion 20, squad size 15.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We are doing ch 1-5 in beta, testing out the new changes. I have: 14 residences, 7 workshops, 4 marble manus, main hall at level 4 and barely in ch 2.

I decided it was time to test all this out on Beta too. My main city there is Elf, so I made a new Human city. I wonder if the differences between the two races for researches and building sizes all stayed the same.

But anyway, I started the city about 10 hours ago and just finished the last research of chapter 1 and getting ready to do the chapter 2 Advanced Scouts. I have 14 residences, 10 workshops, 2 planks factories, main hall at level 4, barracks at level 3, 2 armories, trader and about to build magic academy, as soon as a builder is done. The new quest rewards give a decent amount of time boosters, which is part of why chapter 1 went so quickly. The 3 squad upgrades in chapter 1 kept the first 12 provinces Very Easy or Easy.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Silver Lady
I play on mobile only. We are not allowed to manual battle or even see the terrain on the battle screen. The big money is on mobile. Maybe catering cities aren't moneyhoney!
Although mobile means purchases are subject to Google/Apple Store 30% cut whereas browser purchases are not.
It’ll be very slow progress since your only able to do one or two research a week do to lack of goods.
I prob do less than one or two research a week. I'm in no hurry because I need an endless stream of blueprints and diamonds to upgrade all the magic buildings and RRs to upgrade everything else each chapter. The irony is while waiting on diamonds, blueprints, and RRs, you end up winning more magic buildings due to solving more Spires each chapter. Then the next chapter will take even longer because that's one more blueprint or 300 more diamonds to upgrade it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

We are doing ch 1-5 in beta, testing out the new changes. I have: 14 residences, 7 workshops, 4 marble manus, main hall at level 4 and barely in ch 2. In ch 1 there’s research to unlock the barracks, neighbor visits and the magic academy. In ch 2 there’s research to unlock fellowships, fellowship adventures, and the training grounds. Ch 3 unlocks magic academy crafting. Ch 4 has the first 6 ancient wonders and tournaments. Ch 5 unlocks the spire and 2 more AWs. By the end of ch 5 we will have finished City expansion 20 and Squad size 15.

Old version comparison:
Ch 1 : barracks and magic academy. Ch 2: training grounds and 2 AWs. Ch 3: Spire and 2 AWs. Ch 4: 2 AWs. Ch 5: 2 AWS. By the end of ch 5: City expansion 20, squad size 15.

That sounds horrific! I can't believe they're actually making the first 5 chapters harder!! How are you supposed to grow without tournaments to get relics?

DeletedUser30612

They are very buggy today…I was planning on trying a city with no barracks once live got the new tech tree but went ahead I setup a new account for attempt at no barracks on live prior to launch for I can be grandfathered into the non buggy tech tree.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The new chapters are unbelievably buggy, and no one can progress in them right now, never mind give feedback.

Yes, there is a specific bug that caused the game to act like you had no research for anything done when you would go into the building store. It would even say you had to research before you could build a level 1 residence, which there is no such research for. I had that happen three or four times yesterday after starting my new Beta city. But other than that, everything was fine, and then I went in one more time last night to work on the chapter 2 Advanced Scouts and saw the research had switched to the normal version from the test version.

Status
Not open for further replies.