• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoof

One would think that the reduced KP requirements would streamline the process of getting to an appropriately higher chapter. I've seen other games do that sort of thing where they want new players to reach further into the game faster to quicken the process of giving endgame players a little company.

But with the problems I've read about in this thread, one would think someone on the dev team could've done some modicum of Alpha Testing before releasing this to Beta. Or maybe they did but there's more than one dev team and we have a "Left Hand Doesn't Know What the Right Hand Is Doing" situation

DeletedUser27062

Yes, there is a specific bug that caused the game to act like you had no research for anything done when you would go into the building store. It would even say you had to research before you could build a level 1 residence, which there is no such research for. I had that happen three or four times yesterday after starting my new Beta city. But other than that, everything was fine, and then I went in one more time last night to work on the chapter 2 Advanced Scouts and saw the research had switched to the normal version from the test version.
Yes, I just started a city and it's showing the normal version of the research tree

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you start a beta city with the goal of being heard, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Also, due to people forgetting how to count, the exchange rate of your 2¢ to Elvenar gold will most definitely be a 0-star trade.

One dollar also gets you less than one Euro at the current exchange rate, so your 2 cents are worth less in Germany than in the US anyway.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, I just started a city and it's showing the normal version of the research tree

Well, even before this glitch, you could still make a new Beta city and get the old research version. I have a member in my Beta fellowship who said they tried making a new city to get the old tech tree and it took six tries before they did. And that was a couple of days ago, well before last night's strangeness.

DeletedUser27062

Well, even before this glitch, you could still make a new Beta city and get the old research version. I have a member in my Beta fellowship who said they tried making a new city to get the old tech tree and it took six tries before they did. And that was a couple of days ago, well before last night's strangeness.
That makes sense. I've come across research tree variation before. So are you still on the old version since the glitch? Do you know if it's going to be permanent? Beta is not having a good day today :/

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That makes sense. I've come across research tree variation before. So are you still on the old version since the glitch? Do you know if it's going to be permanent? Beta is not having a good day today :/

A Mod replied over on Beta and said because it is the weekend now in Germany, that it may take some time to fix it. And Karvest said it is likely the game is showing one research version on player side, but the other version on server side, so they are overlapping or over layering each other?

DeletedUser30612

I don’t think the change is permanent, why would they leave everyone y who was on the new tech tree with a magic academy that can only make spells. Anyways, no one can fill anything in on the tech tree if it doesn’t align with the new one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So, how's the Naturally Amazing event going? In particular, can we anticipate being able to get all 9 artifacts by straight game play (no purchases)?

If you win about 1000 extra essence from the chests, yes. Otherwise, no. I did the math on it and, without winning any extra essence at all, if you complete all the quests and have an Ashen Phoenix and the newsletter and pick up the spawns a few times a day, and you do not pick the bad chests, you will get enough to get 8 artifacts. If you do/have all that and win back about 1000 essence, you will get the 9th artifact. If you do not have the phoenix or get the newsletter, you will need to win about 1200 extra essence.

But this is like all the events that use the three-chest system, you have to win extra event currency or you have zero chance at all the artifacts, or in other events, a complete building set.

Edit: this advice was for the Phoenix event, not the event on Beta, as they are different formats.

Last edited:

Zoof

If you win about 1000 extra essence from the chests, yes. Otherwise, no. I did the math on it and, without winning any extra essence at all, if you complete all the quests and have an Ashen Phoenix and the newsletter and pick up the spawns a few times a day, and you do not pick the bad chests, you will get enough to get 8 artifacts. If you do/have all that and win back about 1000 essence, you will get the 9th artifact. If you do not have the phoenix or get the newsletter, you will need to win about 1200 extra essence.

But this is like all the events that use the three-chest system, you have to win extra event currency or you have zero chance at all the artifacts, or in other events, a complete building set.
Question, though. I'm sure someone's tried to track this before, but the chests that a player is offered themselves. Are they pulled out at random such that there will a different selection of chests between two players who, assuming the players pick the most optimal at the time chest and no additional event currency is obtained from any of them, will end up with a differing amount of event tokens at the end?

If so, is it possible that an obscenely lucky player can obtain the final prize without getting any additional event currency if the game selects for them only the optimal chests?

Lady Dastardly

So, how's the Naturally Amazing event going? In particular, can we anticipate being able to get all 9 artifacts by straight game play (no purchases)?
The Naturally Amazing event isn't a 3-chest event though. It's the shuffleboard, which has *tended* to be easier to get the artifacts from than the rotating chests, although you still need some luck. I'm not on Beta, so I don't know if that is holding true this time, but the event has only been running for 9 days, so probably a bit too early to tell.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The Naturally Amazing event isn't a 3-chest event though. It's the shuffleboard, which has *tended* to be easier to get the artifacts from than the rotating chests, although you still need some luck. I'm not on Beta, so I don't know if that is holding true this time, but the event has only been running for 9 days, so probably a bit too early to tell.

True. We are still doing the Phoenix here, so I was thinking about that with what I posted. The 16-box style is always almost a guarantee of getting all 9 artifacts, if you complete all the quests and are smart about when to stop each day. If you are only going for the grand prizes, you stop after getting the two flower prizes, hopefully using the X2 on a few of them. Try to spend the 45 on the prize shuffle as little as possible.

@Zoof everything is randomized for each player. There is no set pattern.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Just to verify. When the early chapters are updated new players cannot do tournament & spire until chapter 5? Seriously!?!? I'm thinking one of the biggest problems with that would be that fewer Fellowships will accept brand new players since they won't be able to contribute anything for quite a while.

I don't understand the anxt over building & upgrading the barracks since it seems to me that has always been a mandatory building. It doesn't seem to upset any of my FS members even though most cater everything.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M do the caterers in your fellowship have a maxed out barracks?

I looked through several cities and they all do have barracks upgraded to whatever the last chapter they did. I could be wrong but I’m thinking I remember there being quests to upgrade the barracks in most, if not all, chapters. I know there are times some caterers make troops for quests, events & FA so it isn’t a total waste.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The tournament unlocks in chapter 4 and spire in chapter 5.

I think that is one of the worst changes I can think of for new players. Both are integral parts of the game and Fellowship participation now so I think it is really dumb to make this change! I guess I will need to rethink taking on new players and offering them 8-1 trades in the first 4 chapters when there will be a higher likelihood of them hitting the tournament & spire and deciding to quit because the game changes too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.