• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Apparently, I’m somehow suppose to use 2 teleports spells in chapter 2.

Okay, now that the tech tree bug on Beta has been fixed, and only three days wasted waiting for what seemed like a fix that only required an hour or two of work, I am far enough in the chapter 2 quests in my new city to get to this quest. First, the quest right before this one, asking you to move a building, rewards 2 Teleport spells, and second, the quest for using the teleports can be declined right away and not done. This chain of quests is completely optional and not part of the main chapter quests.

DeletedUser27062

Okay, now that the tech tree bug on Beta has been fixed, and only three days wasted waiting for what seemed like a fix that only required an hour or two of work, I am far enough in the chapter 2 quests in my new city to get to this quest. First, the quest right before this one, asking you to move a building, rewards 2 Teleport spells, and second, the quest for using the teleports can be declined right away and not done. This chain of quests is completely optional and not part of the main chapter quests.
By any chance are you documenting any of this? I still can't make a city with that research tree and am wondering if any quests give relics

DeletedUser30612

The quest that gives teleport spells arrives in chapter 3, with elves it’s unlocking golem. I choose to get my factories done first. Now, you have top and bottom portion of the tech tree for elves in chapter 3 dividing the military and the goods research. I like this change a lot, I cater mainly so I need factories upgrades sooner.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The quest that gives teleport spells arrives in chapter 3, with elves it’s unlocking golem. I choose to get my factories done first. Now, you have top and bottom portion of the tech tree for elves in chapter 3 dividing the military and the goods research. I like this change a lot, I cater mainly so I need factories upgrades sooner.

Nope, I am in chapter 2 in that city and I just got the quest I mentioned and now a second quest that awards 2 teleport spells. The chapter 2 quest requiring you to complete the Advanced Marble, Plank, and Steel research also gives teleports, and you can't accidentally skip that one, the way the other one could be by declining it. Are you sure you are not mixing up your teleports and PoPs?

Chapter 2 required quest:

Screenshot (90).png

DeletedUser30612

Nope, I am in chapter 2 in that city and I just got the quest I mentioned and now a second quest that awards 2 teleport spells. The chapter 2 quest requiring you to complete the Advanced Marble, Plank, and Steel research also gives teleports, and you can't accidentally skip that one, the way the other one could be by declining it. Are you sure you are not mixing up your teleports and PoPs?

Chapter 2 required quest:

View attachment 12526
I had some issues with several quests not giving me any rewards, that must of been one of them ….maybe I ought to start a new city in beta

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I had some issues with several quests not giving me any rewards, that must of been one of them ….maybe I ought to start a new city in beta

I thought about doing that too because I am sure one of the chapter 1 quests that rewards 50 diamonds did not give them to me, but I did not realize it until it was too late to document it and send it to Support for compensation.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Funny that, in my culture”grandfather” is a term of respect.

Yep, I have never heard that in any way being racist in the US. All it means here is if you already qualify for something and a more restrictive rule or law is passed, that you do not lose your eligibility. For example, back in the 80's, the drinking age in my state was raised from 18 to 21. I was already 18, but younger than 21, before the law went into effect and the law grandfathered in anyone already legally able to drink as still legal after the age change.

Tehya1

Yep, I have never heard that in any way being racist in the US. All it means here is if you already qualify for something and a more restrictive rule or law is passed, that you do not lose your eligibility.
Except that the phrase originated in voting laws designed to let poor white men vote and exclude blacks of any economic status. The phrase/term is common enough that people don't remember where it came from, and are using the phrase innocently,, but it doesn't hurt to be educated about the deeper implications of the words that we choose.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Except that the phrase originated in voting laws designed to let poor white men vote and exclude blacks of any economic status. The phrase/term is common enough that people don't remember where it came from, and are using the phrase innocently,, but it doesn't hurt to be educated about the deeper implications of the words that we choose.

I do not come to the forum in a game to be "educated" in political correctness! This has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Grandfathered in probably did not mean what you want to attribute to it in yours or my lifetime. It is a very, very common legal term used in legislation and business agreements. Please get back to digging up something to complain about that has something to do with Elvenar. Heaven knows there are plenty of debatable Elvenar subjects without trying to shove a new political correctness down players' throats. That being said, I believe it is only fair for Elvenar to grandfather in existing cities before throwing a big monkey wrench in the research tree for new players to figure out what happened.

I do not come to the forum in a game to be "educated" in political correctness! This has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Grandfathered in probably did not mean what you want to attribute to it in yours or my lifetime. It is a very, very common legal term used in legislation and business agreements. Please get back to digging up something to complain about that has something to do with Elvenar. Heaven knows there are plenty of debatable Elvenar subjects without trying to shove a new political correctness down players' throats. That being said, I believe it is only fair for Elvenar to grandfather in existing cities before throwing a big monkey wrench in the research tree for new players to figure out what happened.

I did not know that origin of the phrase, and I appreciate the education. Like the phrase "rule of thumb", I'll probably still use it at times, but it is good to be reminded of the dark history behind them. Remembering that in the past we legalized some humans harming other humans, means that I am more likely to recognize current iterations of that same concept, and be able to advocate against it.

DeletedUser30612

I thought we were suppose to talk about upcoming changes to the game. In that I should mention that I noticed a huge difference in the trench tree from browser view and mobile. The placement of where research was an upside down mirror what was at top was on the bottom and vice verse.

does anyone know if Thursday’s upgrade will new include the new tech tree or just the later chapter balancing?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I did not know that origin of the phrase, and I appreciate the education. Like the phrase "rule of thumb", I'll probably still use it at times, but it is good to be reminded of the dark history behind them. Remembering that in the past we legalized some humans harming other humans, means that I am more likely to recognize current iterations of that same concept, and be able to advocate against it.

There is a time & place for everything. This is a game forum. It is not a political forum to be schooled in political correctness. How about we start educating on the 2nd amendment? There is a whole lot of history there too. Would you be OK with that or only pet subjects? Obviously this is not the time or place to be schooled in anything with political overtones.

After all these years I think it is obvious that I really enjoy this game. There is more than enough of group A trying to shove their opinions down that group B's throats in the real world. This is not supposed to be yet another out of a zillion other places to hash out political correctness or any other politically charged crap.

There is a time & place for everything. This is a game forum. It is not a political forum to be schooled in political correctness. How about we start educating on the 2nd amendment? There is a whole lot of history there too. Would you be OK with that or only pet subjects? Obviously this is not the time or place to be schooled in anything with political overtones.

After all these years I think it is obvious that I really enjoy this game. There is more than enough of group A trying to shove their opinions down that group B's throats in the real world. This is not supposed to be yet another out of a zillion other places to hash out political correctness or any other politically charged crap.
I don't want to continue derailing this thread any more, but if you wanted to start a 2nd amendment education thread in "the lounge", I would happily read it. I see knowledge and education in general a plus, especially on viewpoints that I don't share. Although assuming that we have opposing viewpoints on the 2nd amendment is probably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.