• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
So, just confirming: The next FA is immediately after Lucky Little Fin, yes? There was some speculation earlier about maybe getting a mini-event after Lucky Little Fin but I don't see anything substantial.
If they follow Beta, then that is correct. I also heard a rumour about an exciting new mini-event, and it was suggested that perhaps it was not ready for release, so they opted for an FA - in which case if true, we may still get one in Beta. They would never drop a new type of event in Live Worlds without a Beta test.
We will have to wait and see what the designers throw our way - but FA is the most likely next live event.

Deleted User - 849411552

So if the FA started on Beta on Thursday, June 23rd, on what day did the Lucky Little Fin event end on Beta?

I am trying to make an educated guess on how many days after the live event the next live FA will start. I am leading the next FA for our fellowship, for the very first time as leader. The pressure is on because we've finished 2nd twice in a row in Sinya Arda. The previous FA leader was brilliant, so I'm trying to assuage my nerves. :oops:

Lady Dastardly

I am trying to make an educated guess on how many days after the live event the next live FA will start
I don't know about Beta, but if we stay true to recent form, best guess would be a start on Thurs. July 21st. They're usually about a week apart, and Thursdays seem to be the standard starting day for Live worlds. Best of luck to you as an FA leader; it's a fun challenge (sometimes more fun, sometimes more challenge :D).

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So if the FA started on Beta on Thursday, June 23rd, on what day did the Lucky Little Fin event end on Beta?

I am trying to make an educated guess on how many days after the live event the next live FA will start. I am leading the next FA for our fellowship, for the very first time as leader. The pressure is on because we've finished 2nd twice in a row in Sinya Arda. The previous FA leader was brilliant, so I'm trying to assuage my nerves. :oops:
And the answer is, June 15th is when the event wrapped up on Beta.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

Usually, in recent times, they start on the Thursday of the week following the end of the event.
:)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
News from Beta server: 'A Gateway into the Past' new format event runs from July 7th, until July 28th.
The Grand Prize will be a Dwarven Citadel building set. This event will also feature the Leagues system, as well as the Royal Prize Pass.

I will post full event details as always, once I have had a look at the new game dynamics on Thursday - this looks like something completely different for a change.

Read the Beta Forum Announcement here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-gateway-into-the-past.17828/

290199768_10221180147233899_2473225496221831149_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new event started in Beta Server and will presumably follow the next Fellowship Adventures in Live Worlds.

290972981_10221192663346794_8412237943426369956_n.jpg

All the information you need, including Prizes, exclusives and the building set, is in this document: https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
The file does not need any special program to open it.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship.
Note that the live version may not be exactly the same as the one we are recording in Beta.

StarLoad

Not sure yet but from the initial review this set takes a good amount of space 7x6 and for me, I can;t see the value in ch 16.
On my boosted Sentient goods I am 750K to 1.5M so whats a few thousand more(3K to 6 or 7K), and for non-boosted 150K min up to 260K on everyone, 3.2 mil Orcs and V-guards 1.2 mil and growing, so for me its just the Vitality Surge and KP that have some value.

Ed

BrinDarby

I hope just like the FOG events, we get a blow by blow of this new format
before it goes live. 1st time is always a pain, and if there's a set involved
most lower-mid CH players will want a shot at getting a set. To do this, they
will have to understand the mechanics of this new format. I look fwd to
reading about it here, from out Beta players.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Not sure yet but from the initial review this set takes a good amount of space 7x6 and for me, I can;t see the value in ch 16.
On my boosted Sentient goods I am 750K to 1.5M so whats a few thousand more(3K to 6 or 7K), and for non-boosted 150K min up to 260K on everyone, 3.2 mil Orcs and V-guards 1.2 mil and growing, so for me its just the Vitality Surge and KP that have some value.

Ed
Isn't your city parked? Being parked makes a huge difference in resource consumption. Even if you don't see value in it now, that might change if you ever decide to start advancing again.

I parked my cities for several months at the start of ch 16. And during this time I built up huge surpluses of sentient goods, similar to what you describe. But then when ch 19 was announced I decided to resume advancing in the game. Unlocking tech advances and doing upgrades in the high level chapters tends to be expensive with regard to sentient goods. My huge surpluses are not nearly as huge anymore. I've even gone back to casting Magical Manufacturing spells on my sentinet manufactories, which I had stopped doing while parked. So I would not mind adding extra sources of sentient goods to my ch 18 cities. It will of course, depend on what the output of the set is. And how the size it occupies would compare to adding an additional sentient manufactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.