• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLoad

Yes, I am parked and have no plans on moving, I pretend the Transmission went out.

Well it is 7x6 so 42 squares, and I think the Sentient sizes are 5x5 25 sq or 4x6 24sq with a full set you will get all three S1 goods

Ch 16 values
Boost 8840 / 24hr = 368 per hr
Boost+1 6595 / 24hr = 275 per hr
Boost+2 3680 / 24hr = 153 per hr

My S1 W/O AW is 2000 per hr
I am pretty sure I have the math right and well the numbers speak for themselves.

Ed

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

291022068_10221197177339641_4924499805102156469_n.jpg

Trade Requests​

These are the ones I have so far.
I am presuming there will be nine, which appears to be the magic number for chests, hoops etc., in other events.
Each gives a different number of triumph gems to go towards winning the various prizes, and each gives different percentage possibilities of winning various prizes, including the Daily Exclusive

Which requests are best for Grand Prizes / League & Daily Exclusives?​

I am thinking this will be impossible to calculate, as there is a lot of luck involved in gaining the various components needed to finish the request.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, I am parked and have no plans on moving, I pretend the Transmission went out.

Well it is 7x6 so 42 squares, and I think the Sentient sizes are 5x5 25 sq or 4x6 24sq with a full set you will get all three S1 goods

Ch 16 values
Boost 8840 / 24hr = 368 per hr
Boost+1 6595 / 24hr = 275 per hr
Boost+2 3680 / 24hr = 153 per hr

My S1 W/O AW is 2000 per hr
I am pretty sure I have the math right and well the numbers speak for themselves.

Ed
The numbers are not that straightforward. Any manufactory capable of making sentient goods is going to require a huge amount of population. By contrast, sets always provide population. The difference between spending a large amount of population on a manufactory or gaining population from a set is going to be significant.
The manufactory is also going to use seeds. I had seeds under control until the introduction of unurium in ch 17. Having to switch my trader from producing seeds to unurium really hurt. Right now my existing manufactories are using most of the seeds my Festival Merchants and evolving buildings make. If I were to add another sentient manufactory to my city, I would probably have to add 3 or 4 more FMs to produce the seeds needed to run it.

StarLoad

The numbers are not that straightforward. Any manufactory capable of making sentient goods is going to require a huge amount of population. By contrast, sets always provide population. The difference between spending a large amount of population on a manufactory or gaining population from a set is going to be significant.
The manufactory is also going to use seeds. I had seeds under control until the introduction of unurium in ch 17. Having to switch my trader from producing seeds to unurium really hurt. Right now my existing manufactories are using most of the seeds my Festival Merchants and evolving buildings make. If I were to add another sentient manufactory to my city, I would probably have to add 3 or 4 more FMs to produce the seeds needed to run it.
Henroo, while I agree it's not that straightforward, its also so far out of the realm of comparison S1 @ 800 per hour vrs 2000 per hour that is at best 40% of the Standard S1 and that's without AW bonus. I know roads and pop and seeds, but really can that alone make up for the fact that its production is only 40% of the Mfg. Also I would guess that by Ch 16 most players have enough pop and Culture that an additional 2000 or so in pop will be a big pull?

I am just looking at the function at a city at my level and for the space needed and the benefits provided I would pass.

Ed

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The mechanics of this new event is quite interesting. But I will say this: if you really dislike the Halloween event, you probably won't like this one either.
We have 3 types of resources, figurines, tools and dice, that have varying levels. Each item has a chance of being needed by a trade request and can be merged with similar items to gain a higher level version. It's absorbing.

But. The daily is very hard to win, and the first type of widget, Dwarven Coins, are too sparse to be effective. It's fun to play but very irritating at the same time. If the coins aren't rebalanced soon I will likely sit this one out.

Nerwa

The mechanics of this new event is quite interesting. But I will say this: if you really dislike the Halloween event, you probably won't like this one either.
We have 3 types of resources, figurines, tools and dice, that have varying levels. Each item has a chance of being needed by a trade request and can be merged with similar items to gain a higher level version. It's absorbing.

But. The daily is very hard to win, and the first type of widget, Dwarven Coins, are too sparse to be effective. It's fun to play but very irritating at the same time. If the coins aren't rebalanced soon I will likely sit this one out.

I love the Halloween Fog, so I'm optimistic about this one. Gonna be interesting at least.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
After reading about this event, although I will play it, because I do every event, I have little hope of achieving the full set. Inno is building so much random luck (of which I have very little) into these events that without buying diamonds I don't see how I will be able to get there. After a while these sorts of events get discouraging because you can't just do the quests for a known result. If the god of all random things doesn't love you, you don't really have a shot. Since I am always a newbie in this game (no matter how long I've been here I find out new things and am made aware of all the things I do and have done wrong in the game) I find the events less and less exciting because the end result is a maybe. I don't want to invest hours in this game on a 'you might get'. I do that enough in life.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I know roads and pop and seeds, but really can that alone make up for the fact that its production is only 40% of the Mfg. Also I would guess that by Ch 16 most players have enough pop and Culture that an additional 2000 or so in pop will be a big pull?
At a glance, I think it's more like a 20,000 pop difference (your manu eats 15k, and the set gives 5k)
If you only placed the 3 buildings that give sentients they'd still give 2K pop and only take up 18 squares compared to your manu's ~50 sq footprint. So to be fair, the 3-piece set is only 1/3 the size making its 800/h significantly better than the 2,000 per hour from manu.

I believe the set is likely better than manus for most players on a sq/sq comparison, but it will come down to Wonders, MM spells and how often a player logs in to determine which comes out ahead on an individual basis.

The Unbeliever

After reading about this event, although I will play it, because I do every event, I have little hope of achieving the full set. Inno is building so much random luck (of which I have very little) into these events that without buying diamonds I don't see how I will be able to get there. After a while these sorts of events get discouraging because you can't just do the quests for a known result. If the god of all random things doesn't love you, you don't really have a shot. Since I am always a newbie in this game (no matter how long I've been here I find out new things and am made aware of all the things I do and have done wrong in the game) I find the events less and less exciting because the end result is a maybe. I don't want to invest hours in this game on a 'you might get'. I do that enough in life.

Even though my dad & I have a mammoth surplus of dias from weekly Spire runs and the old school WW farms, games of pure randumb luck mean we won't lift a finger to spend a single one of them.

If I'm going to succeed or fail at an event, let it be based on my own skill and/or complete lack of it, it's that simple for us.
Pushing the game further and further into the realms of "hope RNGesus is super-duper kind to you!" is only pushing both of us more and more into potentially dropping the game altogether...
I prey that for once, the devs actually listen and pay attention to the Beta players and rebalance this event, as right now it's not looking too good to achieve more than maybe half the set?! That's insulting :p

StarLoad

At a glance, I think it's more like a 20,000 pop difference (your manu eats 15k, and the set gives 5k)
If you only placed the 3 buildings that give sentients they'd still give 2K pop and only take up 18 squares compared to your manu's ~50 sq footprint. So to be fair, the 3-piece set is only 1/3 the size making its 800/h significantly better than the 2,000 per hour from manu.

I believe the set is likely better than manus for most players on a sq/sq comparison, but it will come down to Wonders, MM spells and how often a player logs in to determine which comes out ahead on an individual basis.
That makes sense on the pop issue but after a certain point is pop really that much of an issue? However, I was looking at the Whole set not just the Sentient parts now that way of doing it does make them produce better, but only in addition to the Sentient MFG not as a replacement.
Thank you for your input as that does help clarify the real value of at least Part of the whole set.

BTW - Did you finally make it to your new home?

Ed

SoggyShorts

after a certain point is pop really that much of an issue?
Until 100% of your pop comes from wonders, sets, and evolves it still has value. Especially for players who are perma-parked and probably not getting any more space, it's still worth it to upgrade to more efficient buildings. After I get rid of my last 10 Goblin Shops then population will become a meaningless feature of any building like culture already is.
BTW - Did you finally make it to your new home?
Yeah, we're finally settling in after just over 2 years of trying to get here. Staying in hotels and air BnBs gets a little old.
@SoggyShorts, it’s nice to have you back. I missed your posts
Thanks! I've only been playing ~30 minutes per week to do my spire and tournament for months now. Haven't put any time into the forums either since they finally listened to reason and fixed FA badge collection. Score one for the good guys, eh @hvariidh gwendrot? ;)
I'm considering making a quiet comeback... I might even take a city through the chapters just for a challenge. :oops:

StarLoad

Until 100% of your pop comes from wonders, sets, and evolves it still has value.
My bad for being very general in my word use, I should have been clear that if you already have over 60K available pop and the only MFG not in use is T3's then the 20K pop swing isn't that much of an issue. And if I teleport my marble and Crystal that would add another 100K in pop.

Yeah, we're finally settling in after just over 2 years of trying to get here
that's good to hear, how is the internet there?

Ed

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Balancing changes to Gateway Into The Past

Dear Human and Elves,
Based on your feedback we have made the following changes in our event balancing, effective today:

• The costs for using cups has decreased from 5 to 4 Dwarven Chips.
  • Cups will not spawn tier 6 Game Pieces anymore, as we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble.
We're looking forward to hearing your feedback on these changes!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

MarindorSig02.png

Nerwa

Balancing changes to Gateway Into The Past

Dear Human and Elves,
Based on your feedback we have made the following changes in our event balancing, effective today:

• The costs for using cups has decreased from 5 to 4 Dwarven Chips.
  • Cups will not spawn tier 6 Game Pieces anymore, as we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble.
Whoot! Now I'm really starting to look forward to this event!

SoggyShorts

that's good to hear, how is the internet there?
Decent actually, 25 Mbps on WiFi which is enough for my needs.
@SoggyShorts I am glad to see you have returned. I have missed your posts, your insight and you! I know you don't know me from Adam, but you taught me a TON about this game when I first found the forums! So thank you for that and for coming back. You have been missed.
Thanks for that, and I'm happy I could help. It's nice to see players stick around and grow here- I remember thinking you were a nice positive addition to the forums, and I'm glad you've stuck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.