• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moho

Chef
There is no word yet on the rewards.
I remember a similar situation when it was very difficult for players to obtain the last piece of the set. It will probably be nearly impossible to do this now without spending a serious amount of diamonds. It makes sense that they should not reveal the contents of the FA rewards at the moment. Actually, it makes sense that the rewards should not be related to the current event's set. However, I expect that the missing piece will become obtainable in the future just as Forbidden Ruins set pieces have been offered as rewards on various occasions several times so far. So one can either opt to pay for the missing piece now or wait for it to become available somewhere in the future. Either choice is fine with me right now, and frankly I have no idea what I am going to do. :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Alrighty! Here is the early news from FA.

We have confirmation, FA will be running 7 days, 11 hours - that's up 24 hours from the typical length.

Blacksmith badges have been rebalanced on map 1, they are now:

Orange is +2, from 2 to 4
Blue is -3, from 12 to 9
Green is +2, from 6 to 8

The rewards are fairly typical for FA

Map 1, AW instant 10KP, Carting Library, 10 x 10min time instant
Map 2, 2 x AW instant 20KP, Tome of Golem Artifacts (choice of Wise, Steam, or 4 RRs), 15 x 30min time instants
Map 3, Ferris Wheel Galore, Tome of Ancient Promise (choice of building for Ancient Promise set), 25 x 45min time instant

When I have more information about the other maps, I will share it. When I have viewed all of the maps, I will update my notes.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Sorry but you are both incorrect. December's Beta FA was scheduled to be 6.5 days, but ended up running for 8.5 days to compensate players for a buggy badge pickup that caused numerous badge spoilage in the first 6 hours or so.

Karvest has published his Spreadsheet numbers, and all 3 maps have had a Blacksmith badge rebalance. There is a small overall increase, with a decrease on Blue path and an increase on Yellow and Green paths. I will work on updating Guide now.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have heard there was a bug in Beta where players got more diamonds than they should have. And that Inno responded by taking diamonds back from accounts. Is there any chance of this happening in Live Worlds?

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I have heard there was a bug in Beta where players got more diamonds than they should have. And that Inno responded by taking diamonds back from accounts. Is there any chance of this happening in Live Worlds?

I don't think there is. Seeing the bad Beta reaction, they will do their best for it not to make it to live. Maybe just make a screenshot of how many diamonds we have but people can make up all sorts, they still need to go through the logs. I assume.

Moho

Chef
people can make up all sorts

I don't care - I want my diamonds back.

IMG0000.png

Alram

Flippers just flip
How widespread was this diamond glitch? Did it hit everyone on beta who gained any diamonds? Has anyone actually quit over it?

Maeryn

How widespread was this diamond glitch? Did it hit everyone on beta who gained any diamonds? Has anyone actually quit over it?
It did affect at least one person who purchased diamonds the day before they(inno) took away diamonds they lost all of those and then some. They have been very vocal over on the beta forum about. The poster who reported the initial bug stated the bug involved quests.

"1.They didn't even know that they were giving away diamonds in quests until it was brought up here (P.S. the diamonds I received for this bug report were also taken away)."

Alram

Flippers just flip
Does anyone actually log every diamond to make sure an error hasn't occured? I wouldn't notice if they accidentally paid me 200 diamonds instead of 20. If it happened over time it would blend. I would notice a 3000 diamond difference if they suddenly disappeared.

Maeryn

Does anyone actually log every diamond to make sure an error hasn't occured? I wouldn't notice if they accidentally paid me 200 diamonds instead of 20. If it happened over time it would blend. I would notice a 3000 diamond difference if they suddenly disappeared.
I think more people saw the missing diamonds than gaining of extra diamonds. Right now everyone is angered over inno's canned response to the problem.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Most games I have played handle these kind of things the same way. Players who spend/use it all and carry no balance/inventory get away with the goods. The players who don't spenf/use it all get their balance/inventory docked in full.

hoopity

I do have a log that tracks weekly gains and expenditures, but without recording every single transaction, I'm sure I would be caught flat-footed by this kind of bug/reversal.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
More bugs on Beta. So much fun. /S

The current one was reported at 2:21pm German time and not fixed before they all went home for the day. None of the Instants that you do not use from inventory work at all in the browser. No time boosters or vitality surges or ancient knowledge can be used and right in the middle of the current FA. Between the diamond mess and this, and the screw-up in the last FA, Beta will be a ghost town after everyone quits the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.