• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

It is easy to do there because it is one city per account and anyone with an old tech tree city that is still that low of a chapter needs to get moved along. It will be more complicated when it comes to all the countries with multiple servers, so multiple cities per account. From what we have seen on Beta with later chapter cities, all tech trees will get switched from old to new, since it is only the first five chapters that were changed, and any optional techs people left incomplete in those chapters will get automatically completed for them when this comes to everyone.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah, here it is. This was dropped on the Forum, by the Beta CM, Friday afternoon, on his way out of the door. He launched no feedback thread, I had to do that, and he chose to avoid any opportunity for us to ask relevant questions. Like how we're supposed to solve events quests like : Produce Goods, or Produce Supplies, when we don't have the supporting buildings in place, even, or had the opportunity to collect rune shards for Ancient Wonders we'll suddenly have unlocked, or have enough provinces unlocked for the chapter we'll suddenly be in, or have expansions placed, or what this will to do to our tourney or Spire CAL to suddenly have dozens of techs added without proper development to offset that.

By the way, welcome @-Solaris- @.Tiberius. what can you tell us about this?

Moho

Chef
i02.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer

I wonder how far reaching this will be, given the statement "we now want to be sure nobody is still on the old version." Will everyone eventually get the same number of techs from chapters 1-5? Will people in late chapters wind up having their spire tournament difficulty increased from the extra techs added to the newer tech tree?

Yogi Dave

I wonder how far reaching this will be, given the statement "we now want to be sure nobody is still on the old version." Will everyone eventually get the same number of techs from chapters 1-5? Will people in late chapters wind up having their spire tournament difficulty increased from the extra techs added to the newer tech tree?
Good questions. Maybe one of our new community manager @-Solaris- or co-manager @.Tiberius. can answer them, please.

Yogi Dave

As a programmer I can understand wanting to bring those cities up to the new chapter formats. Less worry about changes affecting the two versions differently and with only one version of the chapters dead code paths can be deleted.

From the perspective of us players, there won't be the question of are you on the new or old chapter path since there will only be one. It will be confusing for people who have been away from the game to come back and not understand what has changed. I don't see that as a big problem, especially in the long run. I think most who have left for an extended period when in those chapters aren't coming back anyway.

To me the questions are what @Pheryll asked and we are waiting for a response to.

Lelanya

I must be confused, can you provide a link to the EN forums? I thought this just got announced Friday on beta?
I have been reading a lot about the Ad push, so that's what I meant. I posted that before coffee this morning, while stamping out another fire, related to the Ad feedback thread on EN Forum.
To start it was just one city that had the Ads, but now it has spread, to others.:(

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The EN servers have long been used as secondary Beta servers and almost always get new stuff in between when Beta does and the rest of the Live servers do.

Last edited:

Lelanya

The EN servers gave long been used as secondary Beta servers and almost always get new stuff in between when Beta does and the rest of the Live servers do.
When I started playing this game it was actually the US market that got things next. It switched to EN when someone pointed out that Inno shouldn't annoy their largest market.

Yogi Dave

I looked a few minutes ago at my beta city that I created a couple of years ago to test the spire. It's been sitting in orcs since the intro of the new tourney. So, looked at the tech tree. The 1st 5 chapters are no longer the old tech tree. They've been changed to the new one.

Also, Karvest said in a thread over there that he noticed his base tourney squad size changed from 762 to 770 without doing anything in that city, so migrating to new tech tree does change squad size. I don't know what chapter that city is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.