• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I found the link, but there is nothing from Karvest in it.
This thread leads to at least 2 other related threads ... and down the rabbit hole we go. Karvest is involved in one of them.
Oh, ouch. My head hurts from reading that link! Thanks. This is why I never stopped to calculate the math between rounds and am hoping some smarter people out there, more willing and able like Dony, would do figure it out for the rest of us. :)

Plus, sometimes like in cases where it should be 40% instead of 39%, I would also be wondering if the underlying math is right, but the coder didn't clean up displaying his floating numbers properly or something, which would result in me doing all the extra math trying to figure out the bug for nothing. After all, sometimes instead of 1.2 - 1.0 = 0.2, it's equal to 0.199999999999999996, and it's not an error.

I can confirm that this is likely a part of the debuff issue that the devs are working on
Happy happy joy joy! I was concerned they'd just fix the debuff round issue without looking into the underlying details of the other numbers at play. It could be I'm singling out Mist Walker because shrugging off Buddy's debuff is particularly egregious or Mist Walkers are just easier to observe. Besides the one stack that has to eat Misty's debuff, you do get to attack Mist Walkers at full strength with the rest of your stacks though and she is often in range of most, if not all of them. I know the debuff rounds bug is widespread outside Mist Walker and Buddy though, so it's a more general battle bug in nature and not isolated to just these 2 units.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
'Autumn Zodiac 2022' starts September 6th!
Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/p9cjc5kp
This file can be opened on any PC without special programs; you are welcome to share the link with friends.
Note that this version recorded in Beta server may be slightly different to the version that comes to the live worlds.

299957738_10221374021760641_2736016359685491070_n.jpg

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Day 15 daily prize is the Pond of Autumn, which IIRC, is the best or near-best non-premium Seeds producer in the game.
Anyone in the early Seed chapters such as Halflings/Elementals and/or soon to enter those chapters, might want to seriously consider stocking up on these as they are really, really powerful buildings! ;)
Forgive my ignorance please, but what is IIRC?

hoopity

Day 15 daily prize is the Pond of Autumn, which IIRC, is the best or near-best non-premium Seeds producer in the game.
Anyone in the early Seed chapters such as Halflings/Elementals and/or soon to enter those chapters, might want to seriously consider stocking up on these as they are really, really powerful buildings! ;)

Is it's goodness offset by only being a 2x2? that's a lot of extra roads

Lady Dastardly

Somewhat yes, in my opinion. It has the same seeds per square as a Festival Merchant, so the Festival Merchant is a better choice in most cases because of needing fewer roads. The Pond is handy for filling in awkward spaces and it can be easier to get at the beginning of a chapter while you're waiting for festival merchants to show up in crafting. I personally wouldn't try to get a bunch of them, but 1 or 2 are nice to have. The Tender Tag Team from the Naturally Amazing event has even better seeds per square than the Pond or Festival Merchant, but only if the player hasn't changed chapter since they got it. I don't choose to use Royal Restorations on daily prize event buildings so I only got 2 chapters worth of use out of them before the new chapter Festival Merchants once again outproduced them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

It really depends on your available space and how you have your city set up. The per square/per hour production is the same between a pond and a merchant, which means to get the exact same total daily production from ponds as you get from merchants, you have to cover the same number of squares. In other words, you need 3 ponds for every merchant you want to replace. But the difference in road coverage is minor. For example, if you replace 5 merchants with 15 ponds, it would take maybe 5 extra pieces of road, at the most, depending on how you arrange them.

SummerAmbrosia

I'm playing this on Beta. I like it a lot. The raccoon is very cool. I wish he/she was an option for a pic. The only thing I noticed was the task giver loves materials a lot, big time, slobbery...

Status
Not open for further replies.