• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next Fellowship Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
According to my calendar the next FA should be starting soon....but I've heard they might be skipping it? Anybody know for sure?

AJ

Moho

Chef
S U S P E N S E . . .

suspense-what-the-heck.gif

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is all just rumors on Beta right now. If there is a FA as expected, it would have to start no later than Jan 6th on Beta, and then on Jan 13th on all the Live servers. But nothing will be known until after we get past the weekend and the holidays are over and Inno comes back to work from their silly, long European vacations.........Chevy Chase not included. ;)

Moho

Chef
their silly, long European vacations
Europe has never been a homogenous place, and Inno is a German company. Does Germany grant people silly vacations? I doubt it.

The uncertainty regarding the next FA stems from different causes which, in my opinion, coincide at least partially with the company's interests.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Europe has never been a homogenous place, and Inno is a German company. Does Germany grant people silly vacations? I doubt it.

The uncertainty regarding the next FA stems from different causes which, in my opinion, coincide at least partially with the company's interests.

Just experience from past before I retired. I had Dutch & German locations and they did indeed go on 2 week 'holiday' twice a year. They were also under contract employment instead of at will, like most of us, so it seemed universal in my experience. Assuming it hasn't changed in the past few years, their offices are like ghost towns until they return after 2 week holiday. My foreign associates almost universally did not understand why Americans don't take enough vacation ;)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The problem with the two weeks is that the company still has to pay for things...and if everybody working isn't producing that revenue is bound to shrink for at least the two weeks.

On the other hand, rather than a two week vacation I'm for switching jobs for two weeks. You would get a bit of a down in production but you'd also give experience to people doing jobs they don't normally do. That gives you some "depth to your bench." In addition, psychologists say that the best vacations -- the ones where you return fully refreshed instead of drug out from partying for the entire time -- are the ones where you do meaningful work...or at least work different than you were doing before. So by switching jobs you get more productivity than by everyone taking the time off, and you get a better, more refreshed, work force. What's to complain about that?

AJ

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The problem with the two weeks is that the company still has to pay for things...and if everybody working isn't producing that revenue is bound to shrink for at least the two weeks.

That wasn't really a problem. I had both offices and factories. The factories went down to minimum skeleton crew mostly for safety. The 2 week holidays just had to be accounted for in budgets and projections. When it is the normal way of doing business you just have to plan accordingly.

Perfect example of game reflecting real life. Good planning results in success! :p

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We have a German branch in Munich. They don't work in December, at least the person left not on vacation isn't expected to get much done while everyone else is gone. The French branch doesn't work in August and December. The US branch works with elf games open in the second monitor so I guess we're even. I have said too much...

p.s. Inno is a German company with Swedish overlords.

BrinDarby

The problem with the two weeks is that the company still has to pay for things...
How a company does this, will determine if that "cost" is a problem....

Lets keep the math simple here, and lets face it... while you're on vacation
you're Not accrue'n vacation..... (hourly worker) so 50 wks/yr worked.
1/2 a day per week, gets you 10 full days, which equates to your 2 weeks
also assuming 2 days off/week (together), so 5 day work week.

If the company set aside that pay in an acct and took the $ off the books
a little @ a time, in realtime... then had inplace max's for #total ppl that
can take any 1 certain day off ( blocks of days too ) then a few good things occur.
The company, by limiting, always has a workforce of enuff ppl to get the job done.
While @ the same time, when workers do take time off, there would be No drain
on payroll for workers not there yet being paid.

If the government forces companies to give holiday 2 certain times of the year, or ..
if the company allows too many ppl to take the same time off, then yess it would
involve basically shutdowns on a company wide scale.
The problem for many companies is that while workers (may) accrue time off, most
companies do Not take that pay out realtime, therefore it usually can be a problem
when they pay it out all @ once, and not from a reserve acct.

The USA doesn't have the laws that the EU does, to force companies to
give basic time off as a minimum per year. The amount of USA companies that
still offer ..... sick time, personal time, & vacation time, more and more are
dissappearing. Even 30 years ago, those jobs were few & far between.

The Unbeliever

It is all just rumors on Beta right now. If there is a FA as expected, it would have to start no later than Jan 6th on Beta, and then on Jan 13th on all the Live servers. But nothing will be known until after we get past the weekend and the holidays are over and Inno comes back to work from their silly, long European vacations.........Chevy Chase not included. ;)
Well, there was the not-so-subtle hint from the Beta community mod, Hela IIRC?! ...hinting that there was a new event beginning very soon instead.
...and then there's the question of the possibly 2 new event names that got dug up by the code hunters. ;)

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that 2022 will see a shift in Elvenar more closely following the FoE event calendar, and thus, fewer Fellowship "MISadventures" to wallow through. :p

Americans don't take near enough vacations. But then again, we're behind Europe in so many quality-of-life ways, that I'm not surprised.
As a Canadian, you can happily have our medical system if we can have yours instead. :p

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Darielle said:
Americans don't take near enough vacations. But then again, we're behind Europe in so many quality-of-life ways, that I'm not surprised.

As a Canadian, you can happily have our medical system if we can have yours instead. :p

I'll take that in a heartbeat. I have a Canadian friend who complained to me that they had to get their operation in a hospital 30 miles away, instead of one in the same city. They said Canadian medicine sucked, even though the operation went fine. I asked them how much they paid for it, since I had had the same operation and I had very good insurance, but the copays, out of network costs (which you can't foresee when your doctor decides to get a friend to pop in to consult while you're unconscious) and deductibles killed me. When my friend told me what they paid, I nearly fainted. I bragged that my operation was in a hospital only 3 miles from me, and I only had to pay about a thousand times more than they did lol. My deductibles and copays came out to over 13K, and that's with good insurance. For some reason, that friend isn't complaining about Canadian medicine anymore, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.