• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next Fellowship Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Okay, so I'm sort of upset that there will be no FA. I like those although I think we could use a shake up ... because redoing the same FA requirements isn't much fun. I liked when they switched it up. I would like it to be switched up for next time... and I wish there was a universal artifact so that we could boost up any evolve we needed to....

Jianju

I think it would help if we Americans took more vacations and just relaxed for 2 weeks I know I could use a vacation who's with me ?
As an American who has had my share of low paying as well as average paying jobs, it seems they like to work you to death. Some places give you vacation but then people can be afraid to take it. I would love to live in Europe. Their bread doesn't make you sick, which is another added bonus. The bread here always causes me inflammation.

Jianju

From personal experience I can attest to this. I had good insurance but the co-pays, deductibles, and out of pocket expenses wiped me out!

This is not true. Again from personal experience. 3 years in and I could not afford my insurance so I went on government insurance. I no longer pay for anything- no copays, no deductibles, and zero out of pocket. I am recieving the same level of care that I received when I had private insurance. My last round of chemo was fully covered because I am poor now.
Please explain how to get this insurance. I've been without HC insurance here in America for over 3 years now and I have never heard about this free government insurance, I would like to get some. What is it called exactly and how do I sign up?

Jianju

i was looking for the thread describing the difference between bacon and Canadian bacon ?
Bacon is pork belly, but "Canadian bacon" is cut from the loin behind the shoulder of the pig and includes just a bit of the belly. This makes it much leaner than regular bacon.

DeletedUser26654

Great, I just set up 3 cities for FA. This line of thinking. or lack of it is crazy.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've been thinking about the next FA and don't see any way Inno can avoid doing one in the next few weeks. The last thing they did on Beta was an FA. Then their was a gap. Now they just started some event of 21 days. If that's the next thing for live we are 4 weeks with nothing after the current 2 weeks with nothing. That, to me, is impossible. I think we'll see the FA on the 13th or 20th. I can't imagine Inno not offering something in this "extended vacation."

So we're holding on to our open cities and hoping we aren't just wasting more time. On the other hand, the weeks not working on the cities can be used to clean them up, move things around, upgrade all kinds of stuff and get ready for the next chapter. I do that anyway, so nothing will be lost for me.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've been thinking about the next FA and don't see any way Inno can avoid doing one in the next few weeks. The last thing they did on Beta was an FA. Then their was a gap. Now they just started some event of 21 days. If that's the next thing for live we are 4 weeks with nothing after the current 2 weeks with nothing. That, to me, is impossible. I think we'll see the FA on the 13th or 20th. I can't imagine Inno not offering something in this "extended vacation."

So we're holding on to our open cities and hoping we aren't just wasting more time. On the other hand, the weeks not working on the cities can be used to clean them up, move things around, upgrade all kinds of stuff and get ready for the next chapter. I do that anyway, so nothing will be lost for me.

AJ

Not sure what you are referring to but there was not an FA after the winter event on Beta.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Not sure what you are referring to but there was not an FA after the winter event on Beta.

Well, that says my memory was/is off. I remember there being and FA...and then it not being done on live. There may have been an event on Beta after the FA, as you say. The last FA on live was in November, 2021. The last FA on Beta was, I believe, after that? So that sort of makes me wonder what happened to the normal Beta then live progression. In any case, it's not going to hurt to wait to see. ....I'm an optimist and keep hoping because we prepared for this one.

But if I'm wrong? Well, that's not unusual for me.

AJ

The Unbeliever

Well, that says my memory was/is off. I remember there being and FA...and then it not being done on live. There may have been an event on Beta after the FA, as you say. The last FA on live was in November, 2021. The last FA on Beta was, I believe, after that? So that sort of makes me wonder what happened to the normal Beta then live progression. In any case, it's not going to hurt to wait to see. ....I'm an optimist and keep hoping because we prepared for this one.

But if I'm wrong? Well, that's not unusual for me.

AJ
No. Beta finished their play-through of the Winter event, had a slightly longer break due to the holidays, (IIRC, a 3 week break?), then got the Forbidden Ruins rolled out within a couple days of everyone going back to work. :)

If I *had* to place my best guess, we'll probably see the event begin on Live sometime between the 18th - 20th, but I'm not 'in the know' or anything, just what the maddening whispers in the Warp taunt me & my twisted, insane little mind. ;)

Sprite1313

No. Beta finished their play-through of the Winter event, had a slightly longer break due to the holidays, (IIRC, a 3 week break?), then got the Forbidden Ruins rolled out within a couple days of everyone going back to work. :)

If I *had* to place my best guess, we'll probably see the event begin on Live sometime between the 18th - 20th, but I'm not 'in the know' or anything, just what the maddening whispers in the Warp taunt me & my twisted, insane little mind. ;)
Don’t we normally start on live worlds about a week after Beta? So, this coming week for the Forbidden Ruins? Maybe the 13th

Jianju

AJ
I hope they have the FA too. But like you, I'm using this time, only my city is already good, instead I use this time to horde supplies and level up my ancient wonders.

Valtitude

Just experience from past before I retired. I had Dutch & German locations and they did indeed go on 2 week 'holiday' twice a year. They were also under contract employment instead of at will, like most of us, so it seemed universal in my experience. Assuming it hasn't changed in the past few years, their offices are like ghost towns until they return after 2 week holiday. My foreign associates almost universally did not understand why Americans don't take enough vacation ;)
Large corporati
Just experience from past before I retired. I had Dutch & German locations and they did indeed go on 2 week 'holiday' twice a year. They were also under contract employment instead of at will, like most of us, so it seemed universal in my experience. Assuming it hasn't changed in the past few years, their offices are like ghost towns until they return after 2 week holiday. My foreign associates almost universally did not understand why Americans don't take enough vacation ;)
Large US corporations shut down for two weeks during Dec 25th Christmas and Jan 1st New Year holidays. Some Europeans celebrate Christmas on Jan 6th as Star Day, Arrival of the Wise Men, Ukrainian Christmas in Eastern Orthodox church, the Epiphany for Roman Catholics. The Twelve Days of Christmas, used to be celebrated from Dec 25th thru Jan 5th, with Jan 6 celebrated as Star Day etc. Therefore, work schedules don't coincide. I think the long holidays are great. Spent a magical Christmas in Amsterdam Netherlands, about six hours from Hamburg Germany by car, I was told.

Valtitude

I'll take that in a heartbeat. I have a Canadian friend who complained to me that they had to get their operation in a hospital 30 miles away, instead of one in the same city. They said Canadian medicine sucked, even though the operation went fine. I asked them how much they paid for it, since I had had the same operation and I had very good insurance, but the copays, out of network costs (which you can't foresee when your doctor decides to get a friend to pop in to consult while you're unconscious) and deductibles killed me. When my friend told me what they paid, I nearly fainted. I bragged that my operation was in a hospital only 3 miles from me, and I only had to pay about a thousand times more than they did lol. My deductibles and copays came out to over 13K, and that's with good insurance. For some reason, that friend isn't complaining about Canadian medicine anymore, hehe.
I have personal experience with Canadian Healthcare. Married a Canadian. As his older-already parents aged, their care was at home. At home healthcare from doctors with support from home care workers to get groceries, clean house, do laundry. Friends have had lasik eye surgery for a pittance of the cost in US. Some are now getting great dental care as we all age.

Status
Not open for further replies.