• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next Fellowship Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
On p3 of this thread, helya (the forum community manager and supervisor of us support for Inno) posted this:
No FA
^click to go to that post
She's posted the same in 2 other threads in the forum. I'm all for folks having hope, but false hope only leads to bigger disappointment.

Sadly, there is some misunderstanding in this matter, in my opinion. The community manager is not an official of Inno and hence, the "no FA" was an "unoffical" statement, as she said in the referenced thread. "Unoffical," to me, means it's either that she knows from her sources within Inno but is forbidden to make it official, or that she doesn't know, but has put together a line of reasoning that, to her, (from her deeper experience, perhaps) means whatever she's concluded. Sadly, in my experience, and I believe in a lot of people's experience, the lack of an official voice stating something sometimes means the unofficial ones take over as if they are official (meaning we take and give them more authority to speak than they actually have, not that THEY are acting as if they had that authority), and we run with it. In my experience, running with the "unofficial official" too often leads to people being surprised when the actual and official announcement is made. So as long as Inno continues it's "tight lipped" policy and we have to go with the community manager's "unofficial" response, we are risking things. The problem here is with Inno, not with us or the community manager. They, in my opinion, ought to be able to put together a calendar of events and let us know what's coming a lot more than 2 days before it happens. That they don't is just a disservice to us. Nobody here is to blame for that.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
"Unoffical," to me, means it's either that she knows from her sources within Inno but is forbidden to make it official, or that she doesn't know, but has put together a line of reasoning that, to her, (from her deeper experience, perhaps) means whatever she's concluded.
Case #1: She knows and is forbidden to make it official = She tells us just that.
Case #2: She doesn’t know = She tells us just that.
(Not listed) Case #3: She asked but hasn’t gotten an answer yet = She tells us just that.

Not sure the community manager is really that mysterious to need figuring out. Magical, maybe, but def not a puzzle that needs piecing together.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Actually, helya is an unpaid volunteer, just like all the other Support people. There are other, more official people who sometimes show up on the forum, and you can see their names by looking at the Members page. Although looking at that list, I don't think any of them come here any more, or even still work for Inno.

edeba

For the life of me I do not understand when the game diverges from its normal cycle there is no announcement about it.

crackie

Maybe we just need to do trust fall exercises? Good thing y’all are virtual so I can still catch people with a bad back. We can start small with the Flower Goblin and penguin. They look small enough. We’ll work our way up to the bigger folks. Nothing breaks a fall like a rope tied across two trees surrounded by pillowy snow. Step right up...

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The community manager is not an official of Inno
The Community Managers are an official voice for Elvenar US

Case #1: She knows and is forbidden to make it official = She tells us just that.
Case #2: She doesn’t know = She tells us just that.
(Not listed) Case #3: She asked but hasn’t gotten an answer yet = She tells us just that.
I try to tell you as much as I am permitted to, and if I am unsure or just making a guess, I will always tell you that as well.
In this case, you can run with #1

crackie

I try to tell you as much as I am permitted to, and if I am unsure or just making a guess, I will always tell you that as well.
Grrrr...this secret decoder ring I got from the Cracker Jack box doesn't work! :mad: It clearly said two blinks followed by a wink if you're trying to tell us something you're not supposed to yet. Alright, fine (sigh). I apologize for staring uncomfortably trying to read between the lines of what wasn't written.

ajqtrz

The Community Managers are an official voice for Elvenar US

In this case, you can run with #1

It does seem odd to me that you can be an "official voice" but not say much about what's coming up. Seems like a job I wouldn't want as I like communication to be clear and precise. It does sound like my guess was/is right...you don't have the authority to speak clearly on matters of scheduling..even if you can make general "fuzzy" statements. Like I said, I wouldn't want the job...too restrictive for me. If I'm the "Community Manager" I'd want to manage the community the way I thought best. And surely it's better for the community to know what coming and when more than two days in advance than to have to guess. "The fault, Btutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves..."

Just my thoughts.

AJ

ajqtrz

The CM is an official of Inno. See definition below.

of·fi·cial

noun

a person holding public office or having official duties, especially as a representative of an organization or government department.

Edit: Please do not attempt to defend whatever personal colloquial meaning you assign to this word.

Why would I? Nothing I've said seems to contradict the "official" meaning of "official." So no "colloquial meaning" has been used in the production of my comments as far as I can tell.

But to your point..."official" is not the same as "authoritative." An authority has the right to speak for the group and, usually, the right to decide what to say, and what not to say. In this case the "official" is certainly true...but the official is restricted in what can be said and what not. So you can't take everything said at face value as the "official" has to be careful not to break the rules imposed upon them. They don't have the authority to do that. Like I just posted, I wouldn't want a job that made me put a hand over my mouth and still try to manage the community. In my case, my personality says: "you trust me and my management skills, or you don't." But of course, Inno has it's own philosophy and way of doing things, and I'm sure it's all for the best and they may actually be right in their approach. Who knows?

AJ

Sorry, I just realized this may be a "multi-post". I'll try not to do that again!

DeletedUser30612

@ajqtrz you either don’t play another game or chose not to be part of the community of any other game besides this one.

All games community leaders are like that they can only give out information they are allowed on the timetable that the developers let them. I play game that each new festival features a new hero we don’t get the real break down on the hero until 24 hours prior to the event starts because that the time that the developers allow that information to come out.

Iyapo1

Like I just posted, I wouldn't want a job that made me put a hand over my mouth and still try to manage the community. In my case, my personality says: "you trust me and my management skills, or you don't."
So your a miserable employee but a great boss. It is good to know yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.