• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Next Fellowship Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@ajqtrz you either don’t play another game or chose not to be part of the community of any other game besides this one.

All games community leaders are like that they can only give out information they are allowed on the timetable that the developers let them. I play game that each new festival features a new hero we don’t get the real break down on the hero until 24 hours prior to the event starts because that the time that the developers allow that information to come out.

I've played games for 20+ years and you are right...moderators are the lowest "employee" of the company and thus, usually, aren't permitted to say much. If you read carefully what I've said, you will see I don't say I think the moderator is at fault or somehow lacking. I just think they should be trusted by everybody more and thus, be able to say more rather than "rumors and scuttlebutt" type of "unofficial" announcements. And yeah, I did make a better boss than employee...at least all my employees said so (but then, maybe they were just repeating rumors and scuttlebutt? LOL.

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
.moderators are the lowest "employee" of the company and thus, usually, aren't permitted to say much.

No one said this. I also find the wording of this insulting.

If you read carefully what I've said, you will see I don't say I think the moderator is at fault or somehow lacking.

You just diss them in general.

I just think they should be trusted by everybody more and thus, be able to say more rather than "rumors and scuttlebutt" type of "unofficial" announcements

I would say our moderator is trusted or else she wouldn't be able to tell us what she IS able to tell us.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Helya is the "Community Manager" not a Forum Moderator (although she does moderate the forum and looks after support too). From what I was told from a Private conversation with a prior CM they are actually a paid employee of INNO, (although they couldn't pay me enough to do what they do) they work on a salary and put tons of extra hours in for free. The Forum Mods and support people are volunteers and don't get paid by INNO. I think this is why we no longer have any Forum Mods, as they ask too much from them for nothing but a thank you. I looked into being a forum mod once when I was new to the game, but you had to go through a real job like video interview and you had no say in what forum you would be volunteering for and had to say only good things about INNO no matter what you actually thought about a subject or change and that is something I could not trust myself to do!! lol. Hats off to all the mods and support people you have a hard job and I have a great amount of respect for any that are willing to do that and put the time in that they do for nothing. Especially when INNO changes things they know will cause support to be over flowing with tickets and give very little or no info about things before hand and let bugs go to live even after they were found long before it went to live. Good thing we have beta players to let us know in advance, but very few players come here or beta to know what is coming in advance.
I used to play on beta too, but I did it to find bugs and have them not come to live and to give input on new features. I was sad to see most feed back totally ignored and watched as they sent bugs to live (unless they were game breaking) even when they knew about them. They would fix them in the next update, but I really felt like it was a waste of my time really. So stopped helping on beta. It is sad really to have players willing to help, but not really let them or hardly take any of their input seriously.
At least with no FA I will have more time to come and rant here on the forums!!! lol

Last edited:

Sir Bently

I have never heard of so much whining in my life as this bunch of whiny suckbottle babies this is flipin retarded, complain about this complain about that, just a whole bunch of flipin Drama The forum was created to help players old and new alike and get vital information to help players in the game but all I have been seeing here lately is freakin blasted drama, if you aren't satisfied with Elvenar or anyone that has a position of office then just leave and quit Problem solved and just like no more problems , well solved that matter ! If everybody would just get along and work together as a team, Help New Players, New Members with questions about the game and get off your high horses and get over yourselves, stop the stupid drama then somethings might get accomplished round here Leave helya alone let her do her job as Community Manager and mind you're own flipin business and keep you're flipin opinions to yourself and help your fellow team players after all that's what we are here

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
No one said this. I also find the wording of this insulting.

You just diss them in general.

I would say our moderator is trusted or else she wouldn't be able to tell us what she IS able to tell us.

I'm sorry if you found the wording insulting. That something that is probably true is insulting isn't so because the person telling the truth (as they understand it), is the insulter. It's the truth of the statement made that "diss"es the CM. If the wording appeared to say otherwise, it was not meant as such. My point is actually that the current moderator should be trusted by Inno more as she is a very good moderator...one of the best I've seen in 20+ years of gaming. If I were still running an IT company I'd hire her away in a heartbeat.

In the end then, the fault, as I've clearly stated, is in an industry that makes it "spokesperson" an echo of "all is well and you can't say otherwise" instead of giving them the authority to actually help the customers...the players by telling the truth. I appreciate when we get "unofficial official" news, but since it's "unofficial" I'm always feeling like it might be wrong -- or at least that the company might change it's mind at the last moment, letting me, the moderator, and everyone else holding the bag....then claiming anything they we heard from the CM was "unofficial" and any problem we have should be blamed on her. Sort of "plausible deniability." But that's the corporate attitude for most corporations.

Again, no "diss" was intended except on the company with whom I'm "diss"-appointed.

AJ

Sir Bently

As I was stating helya has a job to do and she is good at it, very good at it she gets the brunt of everything that doesn't go as people think it should it's not her fault it's Inno's and the Developers of Elvenar helya is the CM not the Moderator but she probably has to do that also, there's no way I would have that job or position Heck No ! Like I said the forum was created to help individuals with the game not a place to grip about something that don't have anything to do with the game The Forum is a resource of knowledge not flipin Drama and like I said earlier if you're not satisfied how things go then just plain quit and find another game to play and take the blasted Drama with you Most of all Leave helya alone and quit dissen her and be respectful after all she is a Lady and I respect her

DeletedUser30612

I've played games for 20+ years and you are right...moderators are the lowest "employee" of the company and thus, usually, aren't permitted to say much. If you read carefully what I've said, you will see I don't say I think the moderator is at fault or somehow lacking. I just think they should be trusted by everybody more and thus, be able to say more rather than "rumors and scuttlebutt" type of "unofficial" announcements. And yeah, I did make a better boss than employee...at least all my employees said so (but then, maybe they were just repeating rumors and scuttlebutt? LOL.

AJ

where on earth did you get the idea that I said the community leader is the lowest employe? If you have been playing games for over 20 years why are you insisting on get a roadmap for the game. You should know by now that roadmaps are subject to change by the developers. Anything that’s planned that’s not in beta at the moment can change why should the community leader give everyone plans that may not come to fruition?

Iyapo1

@Sir Bently
If you would like to fling mud at me by all means do it in the public forum for everyone's entertainment. Sending it in a private message only works if both sides are willing to keep it private.

Sir Bently

Whatever you prefer but I rather send a personal message makes it more personal and more clearer just to get the point across

Myne

Oh Wise One
Well, that explains it. Something I have always known and should have suspected in this situation. Electronics and IT people are not known for tact or communications skills. I found this out in 15+ years of dealing with them. Why is this so? This is only a guess, but I think it's because in dealing with computers or electronics something either is or isn't, as in IF-THEN and YES-NO. That is to say black and white thinking. Also, computers do not communicate verbally and have no freaking idea what tact is, or what people's feelings are.
Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.