• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Night time lighting toggle

• Thread starter DeletedUser20886
  • Start date

DeletedUser20886

Right! Plus, it is probably a lot easier for the hardware to do the lighting than the haze effect.

DeletedUser2870

That, and the fact I have the hazing effect turned off anyway because I don't like it at all.
The option to toggle day/night on would be nice.
Or even have it happen automatically, according to daylight somewhere (I'd guess Germany, since the company is based there).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
OK! Terrific! So whose door do we knock on?
The Beta forum. On the other forums, whether something gets noticed is random. On the beta forum there is a defined process, whereby an Idea gets propose, cleaned up, a poll attached, and if 20 people vote (whether for or against) with a majority in favour, it gets formally forwarded to the devs.

DeletedUser21265

I agree. I want nighttime in Elvenar. I thought of this the other day and told my Fellowship leader. Lights at night for the cities would be so awesome.

DeletedUser20886

I've been studying my cities, and noted that the themed sets come illuminated, lit up, but with the general lighting at Daylight levels you can barely see it.
Beta threads eh.

DeletedUser20886

Ashrem, the overall Gamma or Brightness/Contrast values for the entire map are all that need be changed, IMO.

DeletedUser20886

Ashrem I cannot agree with the 'negative effect' issue. Just like the + or - zoom control, a simple script to vary the gamma level (brightness) a range of, say, 10 steps would give all/any user an easy variable effect from current (daylight) to apparent dusk lighting or even darker if desired. And only those wanting to use it are going to use it anyway. Which from what I've heard, would be about 1/4 of the people I've asked about it. That much participation would make that a worthy inclusion. In my humble opinion, anyway.
It sure wouldn't take a dev long to try it and see.

DeletedUser

Which from what I've heard, would be about 1/4 of the people I've asked about it. That much participation would make that a worthy inclusion. In my humble opinion, anyway.

How many people have you talked to, though? There are 21 individual National servers, plus Beta, for a total of 22. That's literally thousands of people, so even if you have spoken to players on the US, EN and Beta servers, the 1/4 of the people you've asked is not a large group at all, comparatively speaking.

It sure wouldn't take a dev long to try it and see.

Like anything else in this game, it would have to be Beta tested. Once a developer coded it, it would have to go through Beta. If it didn't work, it wouldn't be implemented. No one can say how long that would take.

And as has already been said,

This is a nice idea. The need to change the visuals from day to night on every single building/structure in the city makes it highly difficult and improbable, at least for now.

You could always ask a Mod to add a poll to this thread though.