• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

no city expansion from research

iven

can some one explain to me how the city expansion in the research section works? Because I haven't seen where they have added any ability to add city expansions, the last time I took screen shot to make sure. I have added expansions by completing provinces and buying 1 with Diamonds

iven

OK the center 1 that also cost DIAMONDS , guess for me they're a waste to do unless there's an another advantage to completing them.
Thx

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
OK the center 1 that also cost DIAMONDS , guess for me they're a waste to do unless there's an another advantage to completing them.
Thx
If the centre one costs diamonds, it's because yu don't have enough coins in your mainhall to pay for it. Hover over the cost and you should get a note about what's wrong.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
1581698866513.png
My 9500K coins is greyed out. Even if I had an expansion to place, I don't have enough coins to place one.

iven

Mine isn't greyed out and I have enough coins and diamonds to buy, but would rather not spend my 200 diamonds yet. would show you a pic but the file is to big . and not sure how to down size it. but Thx :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Mine isn't greyed out and I have enough coins and diamonds to buy, but would rather not spend my 200 diamonds yet. would show you a pic but the file is to big . and not sure how to down size it. but Thx :)
If you have one coming, then it will be in one of two states. Coins greyed out and diamonds green, or coins green and diamonds green. If the coins button is green, you can place the expansion without using any diamonds. The diamonds are an alternate if you don't have the coins or don't want to use them.

iven

ok have 652 K coins 240 diamonds, Research Expansion has Place 10000 coins in green and 200 diamonds in blue. I just need to make sure I have my curser on the green coin part and not on the expansion pic? last time it took my diamonds

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
ok have 652 K coins 240 diamonds, Research Expansion has Place 10000 coins in green and 200 diamonds in blue. I just need to make sure I have my curser on the green coin part and not on the expansion pic? last time it took my diamonds
Correct. Never place your mouse on diamonds unless you want to spend them. A green button will use in-game assets. If you hover over the coins, it shows you when you are short.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The mechanic of having to pay coin to place an expansion you've paid to earn is one of the annoying and stupid things in the game.

It is common for these type of games to have a cost to bulldoze/clear the land for development. While not explicitly stated in elvenar it is the same concept. The background art changes from whatever is there to a clear section ready for building.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It is common for these type of games to have a cost to bulldoze/clear the land for development. While not explicitly stated in elvenar it is the same concept. The background art changes from whatever is there to a clear section ready for building.
Which is all well and good, except there is no cost when you are placing it from expansions earned in scouted provinces. It should be both, or neither. Having one and not the other is inconsistent and stupid.