• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No fair play!

Dew Spinner

It's unfortunately the same for a tiny city that I took over from my son a couple months ago. He left the city long ago, and I recently decided to develop it because it had some cool old event buildings on it. I just started chapter 5 in it, and all of the provinces are hard or very hard, and yet I still need a ton more scouts to open the next chapter, so they'll definitely all be very hard by the time I get close to the end of the chapter. None incomplete and I've done all squad upgrades. Scouting in rings; none of this straight line stuff. Since I know all the newbie mistakes now, I should not be faced with this horror, but I am. When I first started in October 2019, there's no way that I had to slog through all this garbage just to open the next chapter. I think they've slowed new players down on purpose by making the provinces harder. Maybe they realized that new players were all overscouting so they tried some of their heavy-handed "fixes." Anyway, it's a lot less enjoyable now, and that's not because I know more or any other reason, other than the fact that it is, indeed, harder than it used to be. :(

Edit: I have to modify this because I do now see a couple of provinces that I scouted and haven't completed, and one medium province still to do along with the hards and very hards. But overall, the same.
Inno's heavy handed fixes just cause new players to quit and exacerbate the dead city issue.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I have a ch 5 city in Sinya. The barracks are maxed to level 15. I have 1 armory at level 7. I have only the Golden Abyss AW placed, level 3. All optional squad size upgrades were done. I’ve completed 76/100 provinces by negotiating. There are 3 provinces scouted and ready to complete, all are rated “easy”. The next 4 unscouted provinces show as easy and the remainder as medium. I scout in a clockwise circle and only pick the ones with the lowest cost. I wait to scout or do the encounters until asked to do so in the events. I’m in no hurry on this world since my other Live cities are in (1) elementals or (3) woodelves and I do need time for real life. Plain luck, experience, or going slow?